What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kyle DeVan - OL Coach

After a quick read of his bio, looks like a solid hire to me: Up-and-coming coach with some energy working with one of the best lines in the country last year, and a good (potentially really good) recruiter. I like that we didn’t just promote from within on this important position coach.

I’m sure someone will point out, quickly, how this hire sucks. So, I’ll just enjoy my few moments of uninformed Buff fan joy.

Another nail in the coffin for those who wanted Langsdorf gone
The Office Reaction GIF

Another nail in the coffin for those who wanted Langsdorf gone
OC-Sanford
QB-I would assume Sanford would do this too
RB-Haven't seen any rumors about Hagan, so let's assume he's still going to be here
WR-TBD
OL-DeVan
TE-Haven't see any rumors on Cook. I can't understand why.

Where does that leave Langsdorf? I don't see a spot on this offensive staff that fits him.

OC-Sanford
RB-Haven't seen any rumors about Hagan, so let's assume he's still going to be here
WR-TBD
OL-DeVan

Where does that leave Langsdorf? I don't see a spot on this offensive staff that fits him.
Haven't been reading the threads eh?

OC-Sanford
WR-TBD
OL-DeVan

Langsdorf isn't going anywhere.

Do we like this one, guys?
Looks like a decent hire to me.
One cool thing early on his steadily increasing resume is that he was an undrafted free agent who got cut, went to the Arena League, and then managed to start for the Colts in a Super Bowl.

Last edited:
DeVan seems to be par for the course.

He was at Ball State for three seasons as the OL coach. Most of the places he’s worked have been “balanced” teams

2016 = 4.2 ypc
2017 = 3.9 ypc
2018 = 4.2 ypc

He got a job at Arizona for the same role in 2019.

2019 = 4.6 ypc with Khalil Tate the passer and JJ Taylor the nice RB
2020 = 4.3 ypc

DeVan did get to learn from one of the best OL coaches in college football (Ed Warinner) as an analyst at UMich. Michigan probably had one of the best OL (top 2-3) groups in 2021 so far. As the main OL coach at two stops, DeVan has been part of staffs attempting to do what Dorrell wants with middling run game results.

After a quick read of his bio, looks like a solid hire to me: Up-and-coming coach with some energy working with one of the best lines in the country last year, and a good (potentially really good) recruiter. I like that we didn’t just promote from within on this important position coach.

I’m sure someone will point out, quickly, how this hire sucks. So, I’ll just enjoy my few moments of uninformed Buff fan joy.
Why did Cardboard waste two years with blocking sled? That was his hire and he let that cancer fester far too long. Cardboard has no idea what he’s doing.

Back