What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lane Kiffin - HC Florida Atlantic University (FAU)

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
220px-2018-0719-CUSAMD-LaneKiffin.jpg

Organization: Florida Atlantic University

Current Position: Head Coach

Former Positions:
1997–1998Fresno State (assistant)
1999Colorado State (GA)
2000Jacksonville Jaguars (OQC)
2001USC (TE)
2002–2004USC (WR)
2005–2006USC (PGC/OC)
2007–2008Oakland Raiders
2009Tennessee
2010–2013USC
2014–2016Alabama (OC/QB)
2017–presentFlorida Atlantic
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Record and Awards:
Overall51–30 (college)
5–15 (NFL)
Bowls1–2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Championships
1 C-USA (2017)
1 C-USA East Division (2017)
1 2015 College Football Playoffs National Championship (OC)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Notable Recruits:
Chris Galippo - ILB (5*)
Everson Griffen - DE (5*)
Blake Barnett - QB (5*)
Kristofer O'Dowed - OG (4*)
Martin Coleman - OT (4*)
Butch Lewis - OT (4*)
Lester Cotton - OG (4*)
Michael Reardon - DE (4*)
Keith Holcombe - ATH (4*)

Coaching Notes:

Last edited:
What evidence is there that he is a good HC?
He's never had a losing season in his career as a HC?
He's had a winning record at each program he's been a HC?
He's had a winning conference record as a HC at every place he's been at?
He's 51-30 as a College HC?

No, he wasn't quite good enough for USC, but very few people are, especially when you follow Pete Carroll. As Jeric said, his 5-6 record this season makes me hesitant, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest he's a good HC. Also, people change as they get older. He's spent time on the biggest stages and knows what it takes to get there. I have a feeling, your opinion is heavily influenced by the "moral" side Joey Freshwater.

Seems to be going sideways at FAU this year. The better coach down there is at FIU, if you can get past the fact that Butch Davis is 67 years old and would put the program on NCAA probation.

I think what Lane needs to do is take the UNLV job if it opens up. That would be his path back to getting a Pac-12 offer.

He's never had a losing season in his career as a HC?
He's had a winning record at each program he's been a HC?
He's had a winning conference record as a HC at every place he's been at?
He's 51-30 as a College HC?

No, he wasn't quite good enough for USC, but very few people are, especially when you follow Pete Carroll. As Jeric said, his 5-6 record this season makes me hesitant, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest he's a good HC. Also, people change as they get older. He's spent time on the biggest stages and knows what it takes to get there. I have a feeling, your opinion is heavily influenced by the "moral" side Joey Freshwater.
My opinion is influenced by the fact that his record is mediocre to slightly above average and that his career trajectory looks absolutely inverted. Oh, and on top of that, he is not eligible for rehire anywhere that he's been. The guy brings his own can of gas and matches to each stop.

Pros:
Has west cost ties
Can recruit California and Florida
Good offensive mind
Graduate of the "Nick Saban Coaching Rehabilitation School"

Cons:
Has a history of flaking on teams
Personal life questions
Is a personality that pushes you to either like or hate him

I am more of a Pros outweigh the Cons on this one, and would be OK with the hire.

By what measure? I'd say for undergrad it's about average for a public flagship. For graduate school and research, it's internationally elite.
As it pertains to the conversation at hand regarding the football program (undergrad) it is not a top academic school

Does he improve a program over several years, sustainably?

I don't see any evidence of that. Please look deeper than WL record. For God's sake, he was at USC.

I know less about this topic than very few other people on this planet. As a matter of fact, you could probably find some Al Qeada member in a cave in Afghanistan and he would be a better authority on this than me.

So when I say “**** NO” to Joey Freshwater at CU, I ****ing mean it. This has to be the stupidest idea I’ve ever seen.

The original poster should be banned for life. TS should be banned for life. I and anyone else who has posted in this thread should be banned for life.

I’m gonna go pour a bourbon and pray to God that this thread is deleted.

I know less about this topic than very few other people on this planet. As a matter of fact, you could probably find some Al Qeada member in a cave in Afghanistan and he would be a better authority on this than me.

So when I say “**** NO” to Joey Freshwater at CU, I ****ing mean it. This has to be the stupidest idea I’ve ever seen.

The original poster should be banned for life. TS should be banned for life. I and anyone else who has posted in this thread should be banned for life.

I’m gonna go pour a bourbon and pray to God that this thread is deleted.
Oh well, excuse me! If YOU say no, then I immediately retract my statement. I mean, you admittedly don’t know much about the topic so seems like an incredibly educated and informed opinion!

Oh well, excuse me! If YOU say no, then I immediately retract my statement. I mean, you admittedly don’t know much about the topic so seems like an incredibly educated and informed opinion!
Finally!

Now we can move along.

1. He can recruit
2. He Has inroads around the country
3. His failures mostly stem from immaturity which he probably has out grown
4. Hates USC
5. Worked under Saban
6. Great offensive coach
7. Huge splash. The entire country would be talking about it
8. Nobody likes him. I don’t give a ****. Everyone loved HCMM
9. Has gone toe to toe with the best of them. There will be no “Adjustment to this level”
10. NFL pedigree

He might be my new favorite.....

Look, I’m not not saying he’sy number one choice or even in my top 5. I just said I would be on board if that’s the direction RG we’re to go.

Back