What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

I like the Mad Hatter, but he's not getting any younger, and I had concerns about how that would work when we were thinking RG was going all in on him. We don't need another Chuck Fairbanks situation.

I also think that, unless KU threw money RG didn't care to commit to matching, Miles would have been more partial to CU than KU. He's been here, had success here, and KU is a football wasteland where basketball will always come first.
Yep - I get all that. And I still don't feel good about it. I'm hoping RG has a master plan that will pan out to be amazing. I'll give him credit with the JL hire. So that's something to hold on to.

I'm priming myself to be ready for disappointment. I'm not sure if there's anyone out there that I'd like better than Miles. I need to do more research....and more drinking.
There is a reason he ended up at KU after two years of frantic searching. Even FAU and Purdue passed on him. Please have faith that RG can do much, much better.

There is a reason he ended up at KU after two years of frantic searching. Even FAU and Purdue passed on him. Please have faith that RG can do much, much better.
The first part seems like speculation to me. I'm convinced, until he proves otherwise, that LM would have been a great fit for the next few years. I not convinced there's "much, much, better" available, at least someone who we can afford.

RG's proven he can raise money and he's organizationally sound. We have yet to see a home run hire from him, though. Now he has his chance. I'm more than interested to see what he can do. Hopefully he'll be able to make us all feel good that he didn't pursue LM after all.

The first part seems like speculation to me. I'm convinced, until he proves otherwise, that LM would have been a great fit for the next few years. I not convinced there's "much, much, better" available, at least someone who we can afford.

RG's proven he can raise money and he's organizationally sound. We have yet to see a home run hire from him, though. Now he has his chance. I'm more than interested to see what he can do. Hopefully he'll be able to make us all feel good that he didn't pursue LM after all.
No other program thought Les Miles was a home run hire. Why should CU?

RG is an executive. Executives know how to evaluate, hire and deploy personnel.

He hired Chiv. Huge role in JL. He knows what he is doing.

If this gets drug out with numerous misses, I’ll start to worry.

For now, I sigh of relief that he passed on Les.

Chiv is a great WR recruiter, bad OC

You are relieved he passed on Les because other programs did? Programs passing on coaches happen for all sorts of reasons and not necessarily because they are bad coaches. Maybe it's a money thing. If so, it would suck for that to be the reason CU passed on him.

Who's on the top of your wish list, hawg?

I am glad he passed on Les Miles because his style of play is stale, he was assisted by great recruiters, he was king in a hot bed state, he struggled repeatedly with O identity, he’s not a vision guy. Brohm, Kiffen and Herman were flat out better hires than him.

Babers/Norvell, Kiffen, Lupoi, Lake.

I would’ve been happy w LM but I’m going to trust RG. MMac has 2 winning seasons in 9 as a HC. He’s a great rebuilder...wish him well at the next dumpster fire he inherits. He needs to go...like, yesterday.

I would’ve been happy w LM but I’m going to trust RG. MMac has 2 winning seasons in 9 as a HC. He’s a great rebuilder...wish him well at the next dumpster fire he inherits. He needs to go...like, yesterday.
I mentioned it somewhere. I’ll give him senior day for BabyMac...since he’s actually good. Now GTFO.

Back