What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

I watched CU and KU play yesterday... KU looked like the better team. Maybe LM knows what he's doing.

For those of you who have an Athletic sub here's an article that makes you think twice about LM. I'll admit that I was on that train as well.

Was just reading the same post on my iPhone and had the same thought, maybe I was wrong to be so excited about LM coming to CU. I do trust RG until he proves otherwise and I suspect if he really wanted LM, he woudn`t be setting up in Lawrence.

CU has a bigger fish to catch.

Virtually no one thinks LM would have been the long term answer at CU. Nor will he be at KU. However, he would have been an immediate stabilizing force at CU. Something they desperately need right now.

Per this report, CU had interest in and some strong connections to LM. And yet, being “way down the road” WITH KU FOOTBALL was too much to change anyone’s mind. JFC.

The article has me thinking also, but CU is in better shape than KU and has different needs plus the B12 is different from the P12.

Mandel makes a lot fo good points. He seems to ignore the fact that smash mouth football also wins. Harbaugh did turn around Stanford that way. My concern with Miles is that he might go away from what made him great because he thinks he needs to be something he's not.

For those of you who have an Athletic sub here's an article that makes you think twice about LM. I'll admit that I was on that train as well.

Mandel is an idiot. Miles is a nuts and bolts coach that understands the game is won and lost at the line of scrimmage. If he can recruit beef to KU then KU will become a winner.

That's it???
Holy crap he has a bad agent or did a friends and family discount deal.
Frosty is getting $5 million for 7 years
Les was worth at least $4 or $4.5
Cheap
Must be planning to spend big on Assistants

he probably just wants to coach

Mandel makes a lot fo good points. He seems to ignore the fact that smash mouth football also wins. Harbaugh did turn around Stanford that way. My concern with Miles is that he might go away from what made him great because he thinks he needs to be something he's not.
Very good points.

Beg Lindgren to come back. He's a hell of a lot better than Chiv.
You’re joking right? He was awful. Hasn’t done anything at Oregon St other than a second half vs us. Chiv might not be the answer but Lindgren certainly isn’t. We forget that almost all the studs we have, Laviska, landman, etc are here bc Chev recruited them. He’s also done a good job coaching the WR’s

Or there wasn’t really that many teams in the market for him after all. Interesting.
He got passed over so many times, he had no juice to ask for more especially when he cleared the decks on his buyout. He’s more concerned with legacy than money. Plus, this salary should allow for a nice assistant pool.

I think Kansas is a good fit for Les. He will recruit well and he is a solid coach. The CU job would have a lot more pressure than KU. KU will be happy with Bowl games. I think CU under RG wants conference championships.

good luck to coach mile, unless we face them at some point in a bowl or something.

Back