What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles - Former HC OSU/LSU/Kansas

Mind to elaborate?
Not at all. LM's presser had a brain freeze. LSU fan will tell you LM was pretty poor at game and clock management. It is possible, and just an observation, he is not too quick in the old brain box. The guy knows FB, and has had a lot of success. It could be his best days are behind him. Personally, I hope not. I like LM. I would hope CU would be looking for a HC who wasn't born during the Eisenhower admin.

I'm guessing that moment was when his brain finally processed that he'd agreed to coach to the worst football program in the big 12.

It seemed like the reporter asked something about players and community relations. It probably took all his will power to not go Alan Iverson on them, which left no mental capacity to come up with a single Kansas charity name (pro tip: if you're ever grasping for a somewhat local charity, just say "children's hospital").

The AD was probably banging his head when the reporter asked the question "I bring one of only 4 active coaches who've win a natty to Lawrence ****ing Kansas, and you're asking about 'community relations?'"

Meanwhile Les' brain was saying: see what you got yourself into? I told you this was a bad idea. And the other part was saying "don't go off on the stupidity of the question, hold it together, bite your tongue," which left no part to actually bull**** an answer to a bull**** question.

Mandel’s article on Miles at KU was right on target. He’s a dud. Most column mentions think Mandel is an idiot. He says he had a lot of contacts from agents and ADs saying he was right on.

Good job, RG, good job.

Mandel’s article on Miles at KU was right on target. He’s a dud. Most column mentions think Mandel is an idiot. He says he had a lot of contacts from agents and ADs saying he was right on.

Good job, RG, good job.
I strongly suspect that Les is a friend of Rick's and that Rick respects him, but that Les was never on Rick's short list of candidates. Not what he's looking for in this hire.

well, that wasn't his finest moment for sure. good luck to him.

we're going to take our crazy in another flavor! will it be the laser death stare of the uga guy? or will it be the nick nolte DUI look of the wvu guy? or, will it be the transient no-roots guy from the rams? or will it be our own EB and his marqueesha rants? i don't give a **** about their sanity. i want to win and win big and win now.

2 years to prepare and 2 weeks to make a hire, but nothing. Ouch.

(FS) Kansas: Quick update in response to a number of questions… Given that Les signed his term sheet on the 16th and it was announced on the 18th; one would think a number of hires would be imminent. We understand Les Miles has had very preliminary discussions with a healthy number of former assistants; but sources tell us Les is being very deliberate (i.e. not getting the responses he thought he might get from potential first choices) in the vetting process. We hear his agent George Bass is now involved, performing a good amount of diligence on potential hires. Sources tell us money is available; but thus far Les hasn’t found the right matches. Stay tuned…

Yowch. That not a good look for the mad hatter. We might have dodged a bullet with that one.
That being said, I still believe he will make KU football somewhat respectable. Dude knows the game.

He is having trouble putting together a staff? Shocking.

That head coaching experience is so incredibly vital.
Especially if they've been out of it, right? Couple this with Mack Brown hiring a 67 year old Greg Robinson who's been out of coaching for 3 years to be his DC. There's a lot to be said for being current, which I think is the stronger narrative here than this stuff meaning that HC experience doesn't give you a leg up on network & knowledge for building a staff.

@Duff Man is really pissed now that he knows we could have had Lindsey running the offense for Miles and missed our opportunity.

Really nice win for Les last night.

He is who we thought he was.

Got a series on ESPN to promote the program. Doing a lot of interviews. Recruiting is up. And his coaching record is going to have some clunkers along with some signature wins that will alternately excite and demoralize the fans.

Really nice win for Les last night.

He is who we thought he was.

Got a series on ESPN to promote the program. Doing a lot of interviews. Recruiting is up. And his coaching record is going to have some clunkers along with some signature wins that will alternately excite and demoralize the fans.

Last night was big for them, especially after getting stifled by Coastal Carolina. I am curious how they react going forward.

48 points in a loss. They haven't exactly been having a good season. I suppose that 12-7 loss to Coastal was a fluke.

Back