What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread- #18 ranked (AP)/ #11 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #49 (NET) USC (Boulder, Thurs., 2/20, 7:00 PM, ESPN2)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Only 2 more chances to see the Buffs (20-6, 9-4) play in Boulder this season, with the 1st being this Thursday at 7:00 PM MT. And, it's a big game, as they try to keep atop the Pac 12 standings while facing off one of the FIVE other teams still in title contention, the (19-7, 8-5) USC Trojans.

This weekend will also be the last chance to ever see (at minimum) seniors Shane Gatling and Lucas Siewert playing at home in Buff uniform.

Trojan's roster for Lookalike suggestions - https://usctrojans.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

GO BUFFS- Beat usc!!!

Preview-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/2/18/...uffs-prepare-for-two-critical-home-games.aspx

"
BOULDER — Nobody needs to remind the Colorado Buffaloes what's at stake this week.

The No. 18/17 Buffs (20-6 overall, 9-4 Pac-12) play their final two home games of the year this week, beginning with a 7 p.m. game Thursday against USC at the CU Events Center (ESPN2), followed by Saturday's 2 p.m. home finale against UCLA (CBS).

The math says they need a home sweep to remain in the driver's seat for a regular season conference title, something the Buffs haven't won since 1969.

Their coach doesn't disagree.

"They're must wins," CU coach Tad Boyle said after Tuesday's practice. "If we want to compete for a league championship, they're absolute must wins."

The Buffs enter the week tied with Oregon atop the Pac-12 standings, with a half-game lead over Arizona and Arizona State and a full-game lead over USC and UCLA. It means the Buffs will be hosting two teams this week with very real aspirations of moving into the hunt for a title — or at least solidifying a top-four finish in the league, which guarantees a first-round bye in the conference tournament.

SENIOR WEEK: Two CU seniors will play their last games in the Events Center this week, guard Shane Gatling and forward Lucas Siewert. Gatling, a junior college transfer, has been on campus for two years while Siewert has been in Boulder for four.

Both have played integral roles for CU this season, with Gatling stepping into a starting spot at midseason and Siewert playing a key role as CU's sixth man.

"We have two seniors we're trying to send out on a positive note," Boyle said. "Shane has been here for two years and Lucas has been here for four … One thing again I think that makes this team special is they really, truly care about each other and I think our players understand. They want to play for Lucas and they want to play for Shane, not only for themselves. They want to play for their teammates."

FIRST LOOK USC: The Trojans have ridden a bit of a roller coaster this year. USC jumped out to a 6-2 start in league play, then lost three in a row — a streak that began with a 78-57 loss to Colorado on its home floor. But they have since bounced back with a pair of wins and are well within reach of the league leaders.

USC boasts a big and talented front line, one Boyle called one of the best in the country. They are led by 6-foot-9 freshman Onyeka Okongwu, a projected first-round NBA Draft pick who is averaging 15.1 points and 8.8 rebounds per game in conference play. Alongside Okongwu are 6-11 senior Nick Rakocevic (8.77 rebounds per game) and 6-10 freshman Isaiah Mobley (6.9 ppg, 5.5 rpg).
"
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links:
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this.

Live video - Game is being shown live on ESPN2. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that channel, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://www.espn.com/watch/ .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2410&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=758514132642842659 . Game is also broadcast on the radio, typically on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

Last edited:
Buff -9.5, seems a little high. We may win that big, but I think Buffs -4. Looks like Oregon is a toss-up on the road. My new, long-sleeved, ultra-cool, Colorado BB shirt arrived yesterday, so all is good.

I’m going to focus on basketball so I don’t have to freak out all day about football.
giphy.gif

I can’t remember but is there a parking fee to park on regent or in the garage? Tia.

I didn’t pay for the Stanford game. Free anywhere you can get a spot. Just hard to find a spot. The ****ing parking guys waved me down towards the law school and then disappeared. I was just driving aimlessly until someone finally told me to park in the underground lot at the new dining hall building

Can't you still just park on 20th Street where the old junior high is? Easy out and not too long a walk.

Ok Buffs....I do believe there is a basketball game tonight and I plan to be there. (CU fans seem a bit preoccupied this week with other AD issues, events/non-events.)
And tonight we have one of Tad's "favorite" opposing coaches.
I'm planning to see:
-Limited turnovers
-Less picking up of the dribble in bad spots
-Crisp passes with a purpose
-Intensity the entire game
-Movement without the ball

Go Buffs

**** the football coach search, **** mercernary midknight mel, **** dantonio, **** msu, **** anyone who thinks TC would be a good hire, **** Sark if he doesn't take the ****ing job....

but most of all

**** the condoms and **** andy enfield

We're Gonna ****ing Win Tonight!!!!!

ROLL-MOTHER-****ING-TAD!!!!!!!!!

cribbed from elsewhere:

latest Pomeroy adjusted efficiency ratings:

Arizona: 17th offense/25th defense
ASU: 134th offense/32nd defense
Cal: 212th offense/142nd defense
Colorado: 38th offense/13th defense
Oregon: 9th offense/75th defense
Oregon State: 39th offense/155th defense