What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread- #21 (AP)/ #17 (NET rankings) Men's bball on the road vs. #143 (NET) Cal (Berkeley, Thurs., 2/27, 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The Buffs (21-7, 10-5) looks to bounce back from the UCLA loss in Boulder with a trip to the Bay Area to face the (11-16, 5-9) Golden Bears as they work towards (among other things) earning a big 1st round bye at the Pac 12 tourney.

Go Buffs!

Cal's roster for Lookalike suggestions
- https://calbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links -
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this.

Live video - Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain, Bay Area and National channels. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to any of those Pac 12 channels, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/event/2020/02/27/colorado-california .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2413&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=761256091621055108 , or on Radio. Normally, believe it will be on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats - https://calbears.com/sports/2016/8/22/live-stats.aspx

Limit turnovers (don't pick up your dribble in stupid spots, get pressured and throw a trash pass), all five rebound!, intense on defense all 40 minutes, move without the ball, pass with a purpose.
Go Buffs

Limit turnovers (don't pick up your dribble in stupid spots, get pressured and throw a trash pass), all five rebound!, intense on defense all 40 minutes, move without the ball, pass with a purpose.
Go Buffs

Rebound and get the ball upcourt. Bayside hippies' only hope is to limit possessions.

To me this is the most important game of the last three. It's a must win. No excuses. Stanford will be tough at home and Utah on Senior Day could pose problems. Lose and we could be staring at 0-3 going into the PAC 12 tourney. Win this and there's a good chance we can finish at least 2-1 and lock down a top 4 seed. I don't care how ugly it is, just freakin' win.

This game hinges 95% on Tyler Bey. If "good" Tyler shows up and is fully engaged, we'll be fine. If not...

To me this is the most important game of the last three. It's a must win. No excuses. Stanford will be tough at home and Utah on Senior Day could pose problems. Lose and we could be staring at 0-3 going into the PAC 12 tourney. Win this and there's a good chance we can finish at least 2-1 and lock down a top 4 seed. I don't care how ugly it is, just freakin' win.

This game hinges 95% on Tyler Bey. If "good" Tyler shows up and is fully engaged, we'll be fine. If not...

Lose and CU could be 0-4 going into tourney.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Preview now out -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/2/26/...ea-to-face-cal-in-crucial-pac-12-matchup.aspx

"
BERKELEY, Calif. — Of the many things the Colorado Buffaloes have done well this year, bouncing back from a loss has been one of the most impressive.

The No. 21/20 Buffs (21-7 overall, 10-5 Pac-12) have lost back-to-back games only once all season — to Kansas and Northern Iowa in late December — and they have not lost two in a row in conference play. Rather, they have rebounded from every conference loss thus far to collect victories by an average of more than 26 points.

Now, after a 70-63 loss to UCLA in their last outing, they would love to continue their "rebound" streak Thursday when they face Cal in a 7 p.m. (MT) game at Haas Pavilion (Pac-12 Networks).

"We're 21-7, everybody thinks it's been a good year," Boyle said. "But it's been an inconsistent year … It's not just a problem that's indicative of just our team, it's indicative of every college team. But the bottom line is you still have to take care of business and play consistent basketball and right now we're not always consistent from half to half, possession to possession, or even game to game."

The Bears (11-16, 5-9) have struggled recently, as they enter Thursday's game with five losses in their last six games. But they do have a 10-5 record at home, and in their first meeting with the Buffs this season, they pushed Colorado to the limit before finally dropping a 71-65 decision. CU actually trailed, 46-45, with just more than eight minutes to play before finally taking control down the stretch.

The Bears are most successful when they can slow the pace of the game, something they did relatively well against the Buffs in their first meeting. But they do have scorers. Guard Matt Bradley, who is averaging 17.4 points and 5.1 rebounds per game, had 17 against the Buffs in their first meeting while fellow guard Paris Austin scored 15, as the two combined to shoot 11-for-22 from the field.

But Boyle's biggest concern heading into the game might be the way his team practiced this week.

"Thank goodness we didn't play a game yesterday or today or we would've gotten beat," Boyle said. "I don't know if they're feeling sorry for themselves from UCLA, or what the case may be, but we've got to be better in the game (Thursday) than we were in practice on Tuesday and Wednesday. On a scale of one to 10, we practiced about a three or a four yesterday and today."

BUFFS BITS: The Buffs have already tied the program record for regular season wins, matching the 21 posted by the 1996-97, 2013-14 and 2015-16 Buffs. With three to play, this year's team has a good chance of claiming the record outright. CU's current 21-7 record also ties the all-time CU record for best winning percentage after 28 games overall, matching the 21-7 mark of the '68-69 Buffs … If the Buffs can manage a win Thursday, then not lose their last two, they will be the first CU team since the 1966-67 squad to not lose two conference games in a row.

TIPOFF: Thursday's game is set to begin at 7 p.m. (MT) at Haas Pavilion.

THE SERIES: CU holds an all-time 18-15 edge in the series, with the Buffs having won five in a row and six of the last seven. The Bears, however, have a 12-2 edge in Berkeley. Last year's 68-59 Colorado win at Haas was just CU's second ever on the Bears' home court.

BROADCAST: The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Networks with Ted Robinson and Ben Braun. The radio broadcast will be carried by 850 AM and 94.1 FM KOA with Voice of the Buffs Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke.

UP NEXT: The Buffs wrap up their Bay Area swing at Stanford on Sunday (4 p.m., ESPNU), the close the regular season with a 12:30 p.m. game March 7 at Utah.
"

Hard to know which team will show up tonight, and how long they stay around. Can't count on beating Utah or the trees. Love to see them play 40 confident minutes.
Let's go Buff!

We warmed up slow but are in it now. Cal has had to make a lot of tough shots
I'm worried about how easily opponents score in the paint lately. I think they've figured out that we don't have shot blockers, so just go up strong and get a high percentage shot.

Interesting that Cal started Kuany and Thorpe. Trying to put some length and athleticism on the court to D your Buffs up I think. I like Battey. He can play for a guy built like a bowling ball.

Wow is this thread dead tonight. I bet we've got more fans watching the NFL Combine than an actual game.

Interesting that Cal started Kuany and Thorpe. Trying to put some length and athleticism on the court to D your Buffs up I think. I like Battey. He can play for a guy built like a bowling ball.
Kind of like when OSU had Joe Burton. Similar "gentle giant" personality. Kind of guy even opposing fans can't help but like at least a little bit.

Dear Cal,

Please leave Siewert alone on the perimeter all night.

Yours in Christ,

Buffnik

The **** is wrong with this announcing crew. No game commentary. Split screen to show an extra long interview with Abdur-Raheem. They're not even looking at the court they're so into Shareef.

And you assholes complain about Walton? At least he's watching the game when telling a Joan Baez story and will stop for a sec if something relevant happens.

Is there a basketball game going on? Because you wouldn't know it when the announcers are interviewing a Cal has-been and totally ignoring what's happening on the court. Gawd .. the Pac 12 Network sucks donkey balls.

That was a ****ing terrible call. And because this broadcast sucks, I barely know what happened on the T.

Back