What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lookalike & Game thread - RV (AP poll)/ #22 (NET rankings) Men's bball hosts #81 (NET) OSU (Boulder, Sunday, 1/05, 4:00 PM MT, ESPNU)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The Buffs look to avenge one of only two home losses they suffered last season as they face off against 10-3 Oregon State tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon at the Events Center (CEC). The Beavs, who have a potential conference MVP in Tres Tinkle, are coming off an 81-69 Thursday loss in Salt Lake against the Utes.

Go Buffs!

OSU roster for Lookalike suggestions
- https://osubeavers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

A preview of the game (among other things) -

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2020/1/3/m...chemistry-a-key-part-of-success-thus-far.aspx

"
BOULDER — They came in as freshmen in 2017, part of a recruiting class that Colorado head coach Tad Boyle predicted would have a significant impact on the program before their CU careers were over.

Today, four members of that group — McKinley Wright IV, Tyler Bey, D'Shawn Schwartz and Evan Battey — are the foundation of a Buffaloes team that is showing the potential of producing a very special season.

The four have started every game this season for Boyle's Buffs, who take a 12-2 overall record (1-0 Pac-12) into Sunday's 4 p.m. game against Oregon State at the CU Events Center.. They represent CU's top four scorers, three of the top four rebounders, and the team leader in assists, steals and blocks. In Thursday's 74-65 win over No. 4 Oregon, they combined for 55 points, 23 rebounds and 10 assists. One of the four has been the team's leading scorer in 12 of CU's 14 games this year.

FIRST LOOK OREGON STATE: The Beavers (10-3, 0-1) are coming off an 81-69 loss to Utah on Thursday. OSU trailed by just three midway through the second half before the Utes used a 16-5 run to put the game away.

OSU is led by 6-7 senior Tres Tinkle, the Pac-12's preseason player of the year. Tinkle, son of Oregon State head coach Wayne Tinkle, is second in the conference in scoring (20.3 points per game) and ninth in rebounding (7.1 rpg). Point guard Ethan Thompson is averaging 15.7 points and 4.5 assists.

The Buffs should have no trouble getting up for the Beavers. Last year, Oregon State came to Boulder and erased a nine-point CU first-half lead to come away with a 76-74 win.

"We're expecting high level game, a dogfight," Boyle said. "It's league play. You take nothing for granted. We can't, and I don't think our team will."
"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links -
Game Notes
- Not available yet.

Live video - Game is being shown live on ESPNU. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that channel, assume the game can also be streamed through a link at https://www.espn.com/watch/ .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2391&type=Live or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=742040509209949595 . Game is also broadcast on the radio, typically on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats - https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/mbball/summary

MBB_1718_Rupp_Kerry_HS-214x300.jpg
13d42bdc4269a3ce865854bd3c9d5887_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg

One thing that bugs me is Tad having to start his press conference off by basically begging the fans to come out for the OSU game. How many coaches of ranked teams (that just beat two top 12 teams) feel like they have to do that, basically act as a PR flack and cheerleader? If I lived anywhere near Boulder, I’d be a season ticket holder. We’ll see what the turnout is, maybe it’ll be packed again but it’s just kinda sad that he knows there could be a big drop off in fans and feels like he has to say that ****.

One thing that bugs me is Tad having to start his press conference off by basically begging the fans to come out for the OSU game. How many coaches of ranked teams (that just beat two top 12 teams) feel like they have to do that, basically act as a PR flack and cheerleader? If I lived anywhere near Boulder, I’d be a season ticket holder. We’ll see what the turnout is, maybe it’ll be packed again but it’s just kinda sad that he knows there could be a big drop off in fans and feels like he has to say that ****.
Just about every coach gets frustrated at attendance. Even Boeheim had to call out Cuse fans this year. But there lies the difference - Tad doesn’t call us out, he knows how CO is so keeps it positive & honest while pleading with us.

FWIW, I think this team has earned a packed house regardless of the passion level of the average CO college hoops fan.

Spring classes don't start until the 13th, so he maybe anticipates fewer students

Buffs -7.5 seems about right. This team needed to learn that they are as good as Tad and others said they were, pre-season. They now know that and should be able to get in to game mode and roll.
Tad comments on how hard it is to find enough minutes for all the players. I'd really like to see both Walton and Strating get a chance to shine, but we may need some blowouts for that

ESPNU!! FOCKERS!!! Going to have to sit this one out, and just as this team started bringing it. How did this game get picked-up by ESPNU? Comcast won't let me add this channel a la carte.. I only have the sport plus package but for ESPNU and I must get their super premium line-up package . If I sign-up then cancel tomorrow then I'd lose my existing super special term rate, which I had to fight like hell for. Well, that is all, carry-on, I expect full color, and analysis during game and compete game summaries afterwards.

The 7 footer is being a PITA, but Walton is being useful against him defensively.

Not sure that's a plus for us offensively though.

Everything was dropping for OSU for a stretch. Frustrating as hell.

Back