What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Luke Fickell: a man with his priorities atraight..

OsideBuff

Dimwitted ****
Fickell makes about the same amount of money as Tucker. Why did he decline the job?
He said the biggest reason he decided to stay was his family. The Fickells have six children.

"The bottom line is, first and foremost, family. Obviously my family loves it here, I have a unique situation with the age of my kids," Fickell said. "... I had to make a selfish decision, but this selfish decision was what was right for my family, and that is to be here."

He said he spent the last 48 hours “just trying to make a decision that was right for everybody.”
Him and his wife also had concerns about the campus culture.

Family first....could have doubled his salary... bravo Luke!!!

MSU is a cluster ****. Their AD is an idot. Fickell basically said as much when he turned down the job. This likely pissed off the aforementioned cluster****ing idots and led to the focused pursuit of MT.

I can't believe anyone ever believes the guy who says "I did it for my family," but I guess there's always one.

Plus, MT's family has been in Boulder for what, less than a year?

Allegedly his wife drew a line in the sand about them joining the MSU culture of assaulting campus women and covering it up.

For others, those types of considerations shrink in importance as the money offered grows.
Ouch.

Allegedly his wife drew a line in the sand about them joining the MSU culture of assaulting campus women and covering it up.

For others, those types of considerations shrink in importance as the money offered grows.
Beautiful

Seriously? Well I just gained a ****load of respect for the Fickells.

Too bad the Tuckers apparently don't have that kind of moral convictions. Not that most college football coaching families do. (See Paternos, Meyers, etc)

Too bad the Tuckers apparently don't have that kind of moral convictions. Not that most college football coaching families do. (See Paternos, Meyers, etc)
Don't give too much special credit. MSU is considered toxic. When a place is offering Top 15 money and is willing to give all kinds of contract concessions (such as contract auto-extending by a year for each year coaching under sanctions), the only way they end up on Mel Tucker is if they'd been told "no interest" through back channels by every coach in the nation who would normally qualify to command that kind of compensation package. I still give credit, but there are probably dozens of coaches who we'll never learn of who also deserve credit - though many of them were probably thinking more about being maybe the worst competitive situation in the B1G East with sanctions looming. (Maryland & Rutgers have been bad lately, but much better recruiting grounds and they aren't little brother to another program in their state & Indiana just finished above MSU in the standings - then there's Ohio State, Michigan & Penn State.)

Most football coaching families?

Would this mean that Bohn would have sort of finally made a good hire for CU?
giphy.gif

Most football coaching families?

Ie, Mr and Mrs Paterno, Mr and Mrs Urban Meyer.

Apparently Luke Fickell's wife took a stand and he listened. A lot of times, the coach's wife seems just as willing to be morally flexible as the coach himself.

I don't have a 247 sub but I can read between the lines. I almost want this to happen purely to see the freakout & excuses at MSU.

This is kind of an aside to this thread, but my niece lives in San Diego. Awesome place. A place where a lot of people would want to live. She brought her 11 year old daughter out to attend my daughter’s wedding this weekend. Her little girl fell head over heels in love with Colorado. Every time she saw a house for sale sign she said, “Look mom! There’s a house for sale!”

This is kind of an aside to this thread, but my niece lives in San Diego. Awesome place. A place where a lot of people would want to live. She brought her 11 year old daughter out to attend my daughter’s wedding this weekend. Her little girl fell head over heels in love with Colorado. Every time she saw a house for sale sign she said, “Look mom! There’s a house for sale!”
Oh. Then she generally avoided West Arvada, amirite?

Back