What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

There was a "protest" during a home football game in 2012. A significant amount of fans wore powder blue to signify their extreme displeasure with Dan Hawkins. Plati was PISSED and also said it was a mere 200 fans. It was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than that.
Couldn't have been Hawkins cause he was gone before the 2010 season concluded. Embree was 2011 and 2012

It’s would have been in 2009 or 2010. It was definitely a Hawkins protest and Plati handled it about as poorly as he could have. Instead of being happy to even have people in the stands at all when the product on the field flat out sucked, he basically blamed the fans - you know, the people who pay his salary - for the state of the program. Plati likes to blame fans for a lot of stuff.

It’s would have been in 2009 or 2010. It was definitely a Hawkins protest and Plati handled it about as poorly as he could have. Instead of being happy to even have people in the stands at all when the product on the field flat out sucked, he basically blamed the fans - you know, the people who pay his salary - for the state of the program. Plati likes to blame fans for a lot of stuff.
It was 2012. My cardboard cutout in wearing powder blue with a bag over its head (sitting in Skiddy's season seats) was featured in the Boulder Daily Camera.

I was still at NATO/Afghanistan in the timeframe you're referencing.

It was Embree-era.

It was 2012. My cardboard cutout in wearing powder blue with a bag over its head (sitting in Skiddy's season seats) was featured in the Boulder Daily Camera.

It was Embree-era.
This pic by itself couldn't have been the sole reason they kicked you out of that NATO role, could it?

It was Embree-era.
11/7/2009

Weak turnout for blue-out

A small number of fans in the crowd of more than 47,000 wore powder blue to the game Saturday to protest the state of the program. Powder blue was an included in CU uniforms briefly in the early 1980s, during one of the worst stretches of CU football in the modern era.

Sports information director Dave Plati said his staff attempted to count the number of powder blue shirts in the crowd and estimated the number at about 200. Plati called the effort by angry fans a “flop” in his postgame notes and coach Dan Hawkins responded to a question about the protest this way: “Like I said before the game, the real Buffs wear black and gold.”

I like to think that I rotated out on schedule, on my own terms.

I think I started lurking on this site about 2005 and setup an account in maybe 07 or so. I was registered under a different user name back then, but took a hiatus during the really dark years of football as I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I signed back up about 2015-2016. I don't recall exactly, but are you the dude who posted about the frozen clown hands?

I think I started lurking on this site about 2005 and setup an account in maybe 07 or so. I was registered under a different user name back then, but took a hiatus during the really dark years of football as I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I signed back up about 2015-2016, I don't recall exactly, but are you the dude who posted about the frozen clown hands?
Correct.

I think I started lurking on this site about 2005 and setup an account in maybe 07 or so. I was registered under a different user name back then, but took a hiatus during the really dark years of football as I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I signed back up about 2015-2016. I don't recall exactly, but are you the dude who posted about the frozen clown hands?
I remember being a noob back then.

I also remember having such high hopes for Hawkins. "Holy sh!t! We just hired a coach who is only behind Bobby Bowden in win perentage! Buffs are going to be elite again!"

About 15 years later and I find myself just hoping for a bowl game and caring a lot more about basketball.

I can understand the need to make sure that any public statements from the University on any possibly sensitive topic be vetted.

This is common practice. Not a big deal, IMO. You can’t have people representing the University making inflammatory remarks. Too many stakeholders to potentially piss off.

The saving grace is that the policy is focused on administration, not faculty
then the text of the tweet is just wrong to use the term 'campus' instead of administration. 'campus' implies that the policy affects admins, faculty and students.

Behind a paywall, so I won’t post the link, but apparently Kennedy put his foot squarely in his mouth again. This time, he equates the paucity of online learning options to the Trail of Tears.

I’m not going to dig enough into it to find context. At this point, he’s said and done enough stupid **** for me to simply read the headlines and believe the implied story.

Back