What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

Behind a paywall, so I won’t post the link, but apparently Kennedy put his foot squarely in his mouth again. This time, he equates the paucity of online learning options to the Trail of Tears.

I’m not going to dig enough into it to find context. At this point, he’s said and done enough stupid **** for me to simply read the headlines and believe the implied story.
Can you give a link? I hadn't seen that

Yeah - news flash - the faculty has a bug up it’s collective ass when it comes to Mark Kennedy. I’m not a big fan of his, but this is just a grandstanding move that really does nothing to help whatever cause they’re trying to support.

As long as we are on the subject, though: he was hired because he’s supposedly a wunderkind with fundraising. How has the fundraising gone since he got here?

Yeah - news flash - the faculty has a bug up it’s collective ass when it comes to Mark Kennedy. I’m not a big fan of his, but this is just a grandstanding move that really does nothing to help whatever cause they’re trying to support.

As long as we are on the subject, though: he was hired because he’s supposedly a wunderkind with fundraising. How has the fundraising gone since he got here?

Meh. I'm gonna say the simple fact that he couldn't prevent this means he's really bad at his job.

Will be really interesting to see if the BoR keeps Kennedy when his contract is up. I happen to think that the Dems having control of the BoR for the first time in 40 years will drive them to want to have 'their' stamp made on the position for the first time in a long time.

Last edited:
If you could get the following as CU President, would you do it:

Experience as provost at a major Univeristy
Ties to the area
Experience at multiple levels of government
Fundraising experience & well connected nationally.
Fortune 500 corporate board member
Minority.

Obviously I’m referring to a specific person. On the surface, would this person be a good candidate?

Ties to the area
Minority.

Obviously I’m referring to a specific person. On the surface, would this person be a good candidate?
Depends on the individual person... As we've seen people can fail upwards to extraordinary heights

Ties to the area
Minority.

Depends on the individual person... As we've seen people can fail upwards to extraordinary heights
Think he is talking about...

Condoleezza Rice​

Bingo.

I seriously doubt she’d be interested in the job, but I would love to see BCS trying to tell us about how she failed up.
I think a charismatic PhD would be better. The business model President has a place but CU has had this for a long time. I would like to see CU drive back toward education and research.

Bingo.

I seriously doubt she’d be interested in the job, but I would love to see BCS trying to tell us about how she failed up.
I wasn't talking about her per se... I was talking about someone like... well... pretty much the entire previous Presidential Administration and a large swath of politicians in general...

A lady I used to work with:
+ Got saved from a territory where she was going to be no more than 50% of plan with a lateral move
+ promoted to manager following a year where she missed plan
+ promoted to VP after a year in which she missed plan
+ lateral move to VP of Productivity or some nonsense after missing plan as a VP

She could have easily been fired 4 different times during that stretch

Oh Hell. I worked with a guy who failed up his entire career. People like that piss me off to no end. I just got a chuckle at the idea that Condoleezza Rice had somehow failed up.

Anymore, I think a University President is more politician than academic. You leave the academic stuff up to the chancellors and provosts. The President needs to be the guy out in front of the cameras, shaking hands and being the public face of the University system. I think Kennedy has failed in that regard as well.

Ties to the area
Minority.

If only Dave Logan wasn't white.

Back