What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new, but soon to be old CU President - Official CU president Thread

Bruce did a good job for CU in his role (primarily fundraising)

Very curious to see who replaces him - obviously want to understand the stance towards athletics - but there are some other big issues like the troubles at CU Denver that need to be addressed.

Curious that they have a YEAR to find a replacement. That seems excessively long to me (but fits Bruce's personality). That is more then enough time for the BOR to tie themselves up in knots searching for a replacement and likely overthink it

Well, primarily CU Denver has some major financial problems - and that is why you might be seeing some separating of Anschutz/Med School/Pharmacy/Nursing from CU Denver (it might not look so to the public, but those campus are tightly intertwined and often considered one campus within the CU system). Also curious what they intend to do with UCCS. UCCS is a good satellite campus that has been running extremely lean for years and they've developed some really good practices to keep things streamlined and efficient. UCD could learn a few things there.... CU-B could learn those things as well... but Boulder is able to subsist very effectively off out of state tuition (Boulder remains a national destination school)

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
July 18, 2018

Dear Buffnik,

It has been my honor and privilege to serve as president of the University of Colorado for the past decade. Today I informed the University of Colorado Board of Regents that I intend to retire from my position, effective July 2019. I want to give the board ample time to find a successor who can continue the tremendous positive momentum at CU.

I’m proud of what we have accomplished over the past 10-plus years. The university is well positioned for a bright future. I want to stress that it is a team effort. On all four CU campuses, we have record enrollment, record research funding and record fundraising. Tens of thousands of students have earned degrees that will improve their lives and allow them to contribute to communities across Colorado and beyond. We have kept tuition increases in check, substantially increased financial aid and made access to a CU education a reality for Coloradans. The university has shown improvements in all forms of diversity.

My goal as CU president has always been simple – to make sure the university is among the best in the world, and we have a faculty that delivers on that promise every day. Great staff members support them. Students and alumni embody the university’s ideals and contributions. Donors add substantial value to our enterprise.

The university has contributed billions to our state’s economy and is one of Colorado’s greatest public assets. We improve the economy, health and culture of our state every day. Our hospital partners, with their $4.1 billion annual budget, provide first-rate health care and innovations that improve the lives of those in Colorado and beyond.

I’m also proud that our $4.5 billion annual enterprise runs efficiently and effectively thanks to measures we have taken over the past decade. Additionally, we have partnered with the Colorado legislature and governor to pass many bills that not only help CU run efficiently, but all of higher education in the state.

CU has also been innovative in the delivery of education and has placed a sharp focus on ensuring that our campuses are places where robust debate and discussion are welcome, as is a diversity of viewpoints.

None of this happens because of one person. CU is fortunate to have an exemplary faculty, an exceptional staff, a great executive team and first-rate campus chancellors.

Over the next year, I will work with the Board of Regents and my team to continue to build on the progress we have made.

Finally, I would like to thank my wife Marcy for her support. She is a partner in every sense of the word and she has supported me throughout my tenure. I could not do this job without her.

The University of Colorado has been a part of my life since I was an undergraduate some 55 years ago. It will remain an important part of my life. It will also remain critical to Colorado’s success and will continue to address the critical issues facing our nation and world. I invite you to join me in ensuring that CU lives up to the considerable promise of higher education. Thank you for allowing me to serve as your president.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sincerely,
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bruce Benson
President
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Message sent by:
Office of the President, University of Colorado
1800 Grant Street, Suite 800, Denver, CO 80203
p: 303 860 5600 | f: 303 860 5610 | www.cu.edu | officeofthepresident@cu.edu
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
open.aspx
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
open.aspx

sorry if posted elsewhere. I couldn’t find it
——————————————————-
It has been my honor and privilege to serve as president of the University of Colorado for the past decade. Today I informed the University of Colorado Board of Regents that I intend to retire from my position, effective July 2019. I want to give the board ample time to find a successor who can continue the tremendous positive momentum at CU.

I’m proud of what we have accomplished over the past 10-plus years. The university is well positioned for a bright future. I want to stress that it is a team effort. On all four CU campuses, we have record enrollment, record research funding and record fundraising. Tens of thousands of students have earned degrees that will improve their lives and allow them to contribute to communities across Colorado and beyond. We have kept tuition increases in check, substantially increased financial aid and made access to a CU education a reality for Coloradans. The university has shown improvements in all forms of diversity.

My goal as CU president has always been simple – to make sure the university is among the best in the world, and we have a faculty that delivers on that promise every day. Great staff members support them. Students and alumni embody the university’s ideals and contributions. Donors add substantial value to our enterprise.

The university has contributed billions to our state’s economy and is one of Colorado’s greatest public assets. We improve the economy, health and culture of our state every day. Our hospital partners, with their $4.1 billion annual budget, provide first-rate health care and innovations that improve the lives of those in Colorado and beyond.

I’m also proud that our $4.5 billion annual enterprise runs efficiently and effectively thanks to measures we have taken over the past decade. Additionally, we have partnered with the Colorado legislature and governor to pass many bills that not only help CU run efficiently, but all of higher education in the state.

CU has also been innovative in the delivery of education and has placed a sharp focus on ensuring that our campuses are places where robust debate and discussion are welcome, as is a diversity of viewpoints.

None of this happens because of one person. CU is fortunate to have an exemplary faculty, an exceptional staff, a great executive team and first-rate campus chancellors.

Over the next year, I will work with the Board of Regents and my team to continue to build on the progress we have made.

Finally, I would like to thank my wife Marcy for her support. She is a partner in every sense of the word and she has supported me throughout my tenure. I could not do this job without her.

The University of Colorado has been a part of my life since I was an undergraduate some 55 years ago. It will remain an important part of my life. It will also remain critical to Colorado’s success and will continue to address the critical issues facing our nation and world. I invite you to join me in ensuring that CU lives up to the considerable promise of higher education. Thank you for allowing me to serve as your president.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sincerely,
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bruce Benson
President
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

He raised a lot of money and seemed to finally get that athletics needed to be a priority.

Hopefully the BOR doesn't go looking for another Judith Albino or Buffalo Betsy.

I’m betting the under on this, unfortunately. There’s a reasonable chance this doesn’t end well, IMO.
It’s definitely possible, there are some athletic friendly regents right now outside of the bonehead two. It has been pretty common for power five schools to hire athletic friendly presidents recently because they know they are on the inside.

I wonder if the new President will move his/her office back go the Boulder campus.

Geez, I hope so. I just have a "don't **** this up" type attitude with some at CU. I wonder why?:D Anyway, congrats Bruce and hope we get the right person for the job.

He advanced the stature of CU during his tenure, for sure. He's been a Buff since his undergrad days 55 years ago. His long phaseout time indicates that this was a very mutual and amicable retirement decision. Good luck to him.

sorry if posted elsewhere. I couldn’t find it
——————————————————-

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sincerely,
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bruce Benson
President
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
You didn't look 3 posts above yours? Need coffee?

Back