What's new
  • Are you enjoying this unexpected coaching search as much as the administrators at Allbuffs? Do you too want to get the latest and most tenuous rumors delivered to you? Then consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including Barzil, Barzil 2, and super secret Barzil, along with neat avatars for your user! Also no more annoying ads from absinthe. COOL! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right. Make it happen!

Mark Kennedy new CU President, affirmed in party line vote (formerly Bruce Benson retires)

manhattanbuf

Club Member
Club Member
What are you most angry about? The process or the person who was hired?
Both. As it turns out from the reporting, the process was furked from the start. The outcome reflected the faulty process. We now know definitively that there were many more well qualified candidates than Kennedy who expressed interest in the job and were in the finalist group. That’s a really miserable job by the BoR.

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Both. As it turns out from the reporting, the process was furked from the start. The outcome reflected the faulty process. We now know definitively that there were many more well qualified candidates than Kennedy who expressed interest in the job and were in the finalist group. That’s a really miserable job by the BoR.
Are you willing to give Kennedy a chance and ,if he does well, give him credit? I am willing to admit he was a bad choice if he is unable to unite academia and administration and does a poor job in fund raising. And, honestly, I probably have only a small understanding what his day to day duties are.

manhattanbuf

Club Member
Club Member
Are you willing to give Kennedy a chance and ,if he does well, give him credit? I am willing to admit he was a bad choice if he is unable to unite academia and administration and does a poor job in fund raising. And, honestly, I probably have only a small understanding what his day to day duties are.
I guess? We should be more concerned about the processes attached to our selection of such important roles for our university.

buffgal

Club Member
Club Member
I was watching reporters from both the Post and Camera live tweet the "retreat".

Certain regents were more concerned about being criticized than about doing their job the right way. Every public official is going to get criticized for their decisions.

This just shows they are governing from fear and that is no way to govern Colorado's universities.