What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matches thread- Volleyball has 1st Pac 12 home matches of the year hosting (RV) USC (Friday, 10/11, 7:00 MT) and (RV) UCLA (Sunday, 2:00)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Best wishes to Buff volleyball - take advantage of the "home cooking"- beat the trojans and bruins!

Preview-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/10/8/...os-angeles-school-for-pac-12-home-opener.aspx

"
BOULDER – Colorado women's volleyball will finally open Pac-12 conference play at home this weekend against USC and UCLA after going on the road for the first two conference weekends.

The Buffs (8-6, 0-4 Pac-12) are seeking their first conference win against Southern Cal (8-6, 2-2 Pac-12) on Friday at 7 p.m. in the team's Dig Pink Match. They will also take on UCLA (11-4, 3-1 Pac-12) Sunday on ESPN2 at 2 p.m.

SCOUTING THE TROJANS
The Buffaloes have only won a single match against the Trojans but took the squad to five-sets in their lone matchup last season. USC is coming off a five-set home loss to No.24 Washington State as well as a four-set home win against former No.8 Washington. They went four sets with Arizona at home in a win and lost to UCLA in five to open conference play. Southern Cal is hitting .252 as a team with 2.6 blocks per set and nearly 13 digs per set.

SCOUTING THE BRUINS
UCLA started off the season with two losses to now No.1 Baylor and No.3 Nebraska. They also were swept by UC-Santa Barbara, a team the Buffs beat at home in four. After defeating the Trojans at home, UCLA swept ASU and Washington State but fell to Washington in four close sets that were separated by a total of eight points in the three set losses.
"

Matches' notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2019/10/8//1008_USC_UCLA_Notes.pdf

Match Media links -
Live video -

Vs. USC (Friday, 7:00 PM MT) : Match is being shown live on the Pac 12 L.A, channel. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that Pac 12 channel, assume the match can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-volleyball/event/2019/10/11/usc-colorado .

Vs. UCLA (Sunday, 2:00 PM MT) : Match is being shown live on ESPN2. For those whose Cable/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that channel, assume the match can also be streamed through a link at https://www.espn.com/watch/ .

Live stats for both matches should be available at https://cubuffs.com/sidearmstats/wvball/summary .

Go Buffs. I still believe they can pull off some wins in the Pac-12, but it has to start this weekend.

Looks like the Buffs fight hard, but lose a tight 4 setter (24-26 20-25 25-23 23-25).

Wanted to mention it looks like 2 usual Buff starters (OH Schneggenburger and MB Price) were out tonight.

Dani Price is injured. She was in street clothes. Price was injured on the road trip and didn't play the second match last weekend.

I don't know the status of Schneggenburger and didn't realize she didn't play until right now. I did not hear anything on the broadcast. ETA: Article says Jill is injured.

Buffs, highlighted by a few of the dreaded long and/ or wide hitting errors, down 7-11 and call a timeout.

Not competitive in Set 1. Played much better in Set 2 and lost 25-23.

Buffs had too many errors and the match hitting % is .104 That does not win matches.

During the match I took a look at the bench and the Buffs have a complete team out right now. Some out with (hopefully) short term injury, some out for the season rehabbing, one out for second transfer and one out by player and coaches choice (at least I think so). That six, consisting of 2 outside hitters, 2 Middle blockers, a setter and a DS could probably be competitive with the team that the Buffs put on the court this weekend even missing the third pin hitter. Not a good indication.

I think I read that there is a freshmen who is redshirting by mutual agreement between player, coach and player's family. I've been told she suits up for every match. Is that true.

Lot of talent that isn't able to play currently.

I hate saying can't wait for next season at this point, but I'm almost there.

I don't see how the Buffs win this weekend at Stanford and Cal. So two more losses. After that, they get to play at home, playing for pride.

Yes on the redshirting freshman. MB Alexia Kuehl is dressed for matches and participates in warm-ups but is redshirting this season.
Early in the season Jesse said that the team would be good but it was a question of when. With the spate of injuries recently I'm afraid that the "when" will not be this year.

Back