What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker - Head Coach University of Colorado (Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
1ye6zY_Z_400x400.jpg

Age - 46

Organization - University of Georgia

Current Position - Defensive Coordinator

Former Positions -
1997–1998Michigan State (GA)
1999Miami (OH) (DB)
2000LSU (DB)
2001–2003Ohio State (DB)
2004Ohio State (Co-DC)
2005–2007Cleveland Browns (DB)
2008Cleveland Browns (DC)
2009–2011Jacksonville Jaguars (DC)
2011Jacksonville Jaguars (interim HC)
2012Jacksonville Jaguars (AHC/DC)
2013–2014Chicago Bears (DC)
2015Alabama (AHC/DB)
2016–presentGeorgia (DC/DB)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Notable Recruits
Tyson Campbell - CB (5*)
Mecole Hardman Jr - ATH (5*)
Adam Anderson - OLB (5*)
Deangelo Gibbs - S (4*)
Lewis Cine - S (4*)
Malik Herring - DE (4*)
Deonte Brown - OG (4*)
Chris Ownes - OG (4*)
William Poole III - CB (4*)
DJ Daniel - CB (4*)

Last edited by a moderator:
From an article about candidates at Maryland:
He's also landed four five-star recruits in the past three years.
"He's a deal closer," a source said.
Tucker is an intriguing prospect, one who has NFL credentials, a strong defensive coaching background and proven recruiting ability. Last year, his first at UGA, his defense finished second sixth nationally in scoring defense (16.4 ppg) and total defense (294.9 ypg), and second in the SEC in run defense, helping the Bulldogs reach the national championship game. It also ranked nation’s top 20 units in total defense, passing defense, turnovers gained, and first down defense. Georgia's defense is strong again this year, ranking 13th nationally in total defense.
He's also served as an assistant head coach at Alabama, was on the staff of Ohio State's 14-0 team in 2002 and was interim head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. At Georgia, he's signed three five-star players in the last two recruiting classes.

yeah, i admit, this guy was not on my radar, like at all. but, he's definitely a real deal candidate. uga sits in a hot bed of talent so not sure it is apples to apples with dear ol CU but the total package, combined with the right staff, makes this guy super-interesting.

Wait. I thought we weren’t supposed to like candidates that move from job to job too often.
4 years at Ohio State followed by 4 years with the Browns and 4 years with the Jags before 2 with the Bears, 1 at Alabama and now 3 and counting with Georgia.

3-4 years at most jobs as an assistant is pretty typical and he was promoted during his tenure at most jobs.

I'm finding it very hard not to completely fall in love with this idea.

Tucker is big time. I think he is itching to be a HC either next season or 2020. Would not surprise me if his ultimate landing spot is the NFL though.

Georgia is the only school truly willing to go toe to toe with Bama at the moment in all facets.

If he were to be hired, do not be surprised if he brings Dan Lanning (current OLB coach at UGA) along in some capacity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back