What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker - Head Coach University of Colorado (Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assistants do the bulk of the recruiting footwork. He will be a closer, and a good one. It doesn’t matter if he didn’t coach west of Illinois. His assistants are the ones laying the foundation. He finishes.

This looks like it's for real folks.

This from the GoDawgs guy at CFB Home... who just happens to be followed by CU Regent & huge athletics advocate Heidi Ganahl.

Yup it's for real! Can't wait for hard nosed Buffs football again! Really interested to see who the OC will be and what kind of offense Tucker prefers.

Never coached west of Illinois. Be Interested to see what roots if any he has in pac 12 country and what asset coaches he would bring in.

I'm nitpicking now but lake seems a better fit but I will let things play out. He might be just the guy to turn this around.

HC is more of a closer as a recruiter and he's getting praised for his closing skills everywhere.

For a position coach I'd agree about the footprint, relationships in the area thing, but for a HC I think how relatable he is and how he does in the living room is the main thing. Plus a guy with his background should know the importance of recruiting and I'd expect him to address his lack of relationships in Texas and in Calfornia by hiring guys who have just that.

Never coached west of Illinois. Be Interested to see what roots if any he has in pac 12 country and what asset coaches he would bring in.

I'm nitpicking now but lake seems a better fit but I will let things play out. He might be just the guy to turn this around.

Possible Tucker just had a better plan and a better interview. He does have Lake beat in both years of experience as a play caller and more senior leadership positions. If he’s a good recruiter you can offset a lack of contacts by hiring the right staff. I doubt Mac 1.0 had a Rolodex of HS coaches in LA and Houston when came here from Michigan.

unicorn-1-625x352.jpg

https://www.geek.com/news/siberian-unicorn-walked-earth-alongside-humans-1763196/?source

UNICORN SPOTTED.

siberian-unicorn-walked-earth-alongside-humans-1763196

His NFL Experience is huge for recruits
If he can close, then MAYBE the Buffs become a more nationwide recruiter? Georgia, Louisiana, Florida, Texas should already be strong for him.
Good Coordinators and some good West Coast assistants would help. Some of those USC Guys would do the trick?
Excited! The RISE is back on, we fell back down the hill, now we got up, dusted ourselves off and can follow Coach Tucker back up the hill!

upload_2018-12-1_1-36-28.jpeg
As if he couldn’t get any better, first suggestion after the follow is constellationbrands.

#coronasforall

I get the concern about him only coaching for "haves" but to me, it boils down to credibility. Georgia is one of a few programs within striking distance of Bama. That matters if your goal is winning championships.

MM made a big deal about finding Patrick Willis and utilizing satellite camps as his recruiting strategy. I highly doubt Tucker is walking into a meeting with RG and doing the same. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.
Alright, you’ve sold me! Very excited about the possibilities here. Very anxious to see what his plans are at OC (and full offensive staff).

So does Tucker have any influence on this years recruiting class? Does he bring back any of the decomits, bring over any Georgia commits? Cant wait to see!

So does Tucker have any influence on this years recruiting class? Does he bring back any of the decomits, bring over any Georgia commits? Cant wait to see!
Need to lock down the “keeps” in the class like Perry, Toler, Dixon, Evans and Martin and then go all out after top targets like Ford, Darius Robinson, Liku, Criddell, Jermaine Johnson (current UGA commit), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back