What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker - Head Coach University of Colorado (Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1ye6zY_Z_400x400.jpg

Age - 46

Organization - University of Georgia

Current Position - Defensive Coordinator

Former Positions -
1997–1998Michigan State (GA)
1999Miami (OH) (DB)
2000LSU (DB)
2001–2003Ohio State (DB)
2004Ohio State (Co-DC)
2005–2007Cleveland Browns (DB)
2008Cleveland Browns (DC)
2009–2011Jacksonville Jaguars (DC)
2011Jacksonville Jaguars (interim HC)
2012Jacksonville Jaguars (AHC/DC)
2013–2014Chicago Bears (DC)
2015Alabama (AHC/DB)
2016–presentGeorgia (DC/DB)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Notable Recruits
Tyson Campbell - CB (5*)
Mecole Hardman Jr - ATH (5*)
Adam Anderson - OLB (5*)
Deangelo Gibbs - S (4*)
Lewis Cine - S (4*)
Malik Herring - DE (4*)
Deonte Brown - OG (4*)
Chris Ownes - OG (4*)
William Poole III - CB (4*)
DJ Daniel - CB (4*)

Really impressive resume. RG has done well.

Funny how Coach Tucker, who I never voted for in the poll, feels to me like a home run! The Georgia fans on twitter can’t say enough good about him.

LONG LIVE HCMT!!

Hip hip hooray!!!!
It was easy to dismiss Tucker because it just didn't seem real.

I’m so stoked about this hire. I think RG hitbit out of that park. I hate to make this about me, but I’m gonna miss these polls.

One 'big' distinction between MT and FCMM is their physique. It may not seem important, but I think it is.

MM was/is overweight most of his time here. He did make a concerted effort to lose weight to show his commitment -- it was during the one good year of 2016. As he got heavier again, the team also fell apart. Not a direct link, but representative.

MT is a big man, but he looks and acts very fit. Appears to have relatively low body fat. I think it's an example of paying attention to being healthy and being accountable. It shows his attention to detail and appearances, literally and figuratively. I really think it would carry over in how he relates to the players and the team.

One 'big' distinction between MT and FCMM is their physique. It may not seem important, but I think it is.

MM was/is overweight most of his time here. He did make a concerted effort to lose weight to show his commitment -- it was during the one good year of 2016. As he got heavier again, the team also fell apart. Not a direct link, but representative.

MT is a big man, but he looks and acts very fit. Appears to have relatively low body fat. I think it's an example of paying attention to being healthy and being accountable. It shows his attention to detail and appearances, literally and figuratively. I really think it would carry over in how he relates to the players and the team.

.........w.t.f??? Think you're stretching to heap praise on Tucker due to your excitement.

Yeah, it's always baffled me how guys like Mangino and Weis could have any credibility with their players when they talk about conditioning and diet. It's got to be easier to get on the players when you practice what you preach.

how-much-will-charlie-weis-be-paid-for-getting-fired.jpg

Mark+Mangino+Southern+Miss+v+Kansas+WmAyIMquEYCl.jpg

There's a lot of bell curve in between Charlie Strong and Mark Mangino. :ROFLMAO:

I think this is one heck of a nothing burger, but if it makes someone excited about Tucker then that's fine. Just understand that he's not exactly in playing shape and that college head coaches don't exactly have the types of jobs that lend themselves to taking care of themselves. :)

A selling factor for Coach Tucker moving to Boulder was his love of road cycling. He will fit right in.

1ye6zY_Z_400x400.jpg

Age - 46

Organization - University of Georgia

Current Position - Defensive Coordinator

Former Positions -
1997–1998Michigan State (GA)
1999Miami (OH) (DB)
2000LSU (DB)
2001–2003Ohio State (DB)
2004Ohio State (Co-DC)
2005–2007Cleveland Browns (DB)
2008Cleveland Browns (DC)