What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's golf at 2019 Pac 12 Championships (Eugene, OR, Apr 22-24)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Per the leaderboard, looks like the Buffs have just started teeing off for their 1st of 4 rounds.

Best wishes to the team in Oregon!

Preview - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/4/21/...in-oregon-ready-for-pac-12-championships.aspx

"
Golfers Settled in Oregon, Ready For Pac-12 Championships

By: David Plati, Associate AD/Sports Information
Release: April 21, 2019

Colorado Needs A Good Finish To Qualify For NCAA's

Play Begins Monday With 36 Holes
BUFF GOLFERS SET FOR PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIPS

EUGENE, Ore. — The 60th Annual Pac-12 Conference men's golf championships, the eighth edition with 12 schools, begins here Monday, with the Colorado Buffaloes looking for a good finish to get off the bubble for selection into next month's NCAA Championships.

Arizona State enters as the Pac-12's top team, No. 2 across the board in the Golfweek/Sagarin, GolfStat and GCAA Coaches rankings. Southern California (No. 6), California (No. 10) and Stanford (No. 16) are also in the top 25, with UCLA (No. 29) and host Oregon (No. 39) just outside it. The Buffaloes enter at No. 78 in GolfStat and at No. 85 by Golfweek.

The teams will begin play Monday with 36 holes, followed by 18 each on Tuesday and Wednesday at Eugene Country Club in the heart of the city; it will sport a 7,044-yard, par-71 configuration for the tournament. The course plays to a par-71 as there are just three par-5 holes the players will have to contend with.

"It's a lot like Boulder Country Club, except the trees are four times as tall," CU head coach Roy Edwards said. "he guys will enjoy playing it; if you're on your game, you'll score well, but if not, you will have some struggles. But it's very fair and there's no real tricks to it."

The first criteria to qualify for the NCAA Championships is that a school must own a winning record against Division I competition; the Buffaloes enter at 85-80-1, meaning they need to finish eighth (or in a tie for eighth) to remain above .500. If a team meets that qualification, then it has to be ranked in the top 81 in the GolfStat rankings … though with 28 conference champions automatically qualifying for the postseason, that number is reduced annually anywhere from 15 to 20 spots.

"We're frankly not worried about record (against Division I opponents), as we really have to play way better than an eighth place finish to qualify (for NCAA regionals)," Edwards said. "If we play well, that could take care of itself.

Colorado's enjoyed an up and down season to date, with two wins (both in the fall), but with just one other top five finis and four outside of the top 10.

"I definitely think the last month we have grown up and once again, have evolved," Edwards said. "This spring, we had a decent start in Hawai'i, we had a chance to beat some really good teams but just didn't get it done. Apart from the N.I.T. in Tucson, we had some really good moments. The ASU Thunderbird came out as an 'A' rated event, so it was an incredible field we were competing in – one of the top 30 amateur tournaments in the world. So that could show up in a big way at the Pac-12's."

Live scoring will be available at www.golfstat.com.

"

Championships' Notes - https://cubuffs.com/documents/2019/4/21//CU_GOLF_2019_Pac_12_Championship_Notes_.pdf

Live video - Per the notes linked-to above - "The Pac-12 Network is covering the event and will
broadcast live on Day 3 (April 24) at 3 p.m. MDT"

Live leaderboard - http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=16897

Per the leaderboard linked to above, the Buffs only came in 10th at Pac 12's, so won't qualify for NCAA Regionals this year. (Based on the preview I quoted above, they needed to finish 8th or above to even meet the 1st requirement to qualify, a .500 winning % or better.)

IF I read the information guide and last year's schedule correctly, believe this will end a string of 6 straight years (2013-18) where the men's team DID qualify for Regionals.

Best wishes to the seniors, and hope all on the team continue to improve on the course and in the classroom, all while having a positive enjoyable college experience.

As noted above, the men's golf team did not qualify (they had a sub-.500 record) for the NCAA Championship regionals, but it does look like they do have an individual selected to compete for a chance to make it to Nationals.

Best wishes to Daniel O’Loughlin in Pullman!

Back