What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mitch Rodrigue OL coach?

Buff57Lb

Does anyone know more about this guy that what is online? Has anyone vouched for him/commented on the hire? Have the players said anything?

Looks like he did pretty well at ULL, but not sure why he was in HS the last two years

Maybe he wanted to. Maybe he needed a break from the grind. Maybe there was a grandkid he was coaching. Any number of reasons.

giphy.gif

A guy who needed a break from the grind does not strike me as a good fit to get his feet wet at the P5 level.
If I wanted to put my blinders on for this one, he thought he was going to be famously wealthy selling his blocking system, and all the P5 programs knocking at his door wouldn’t let him continue coaching at a high level and promote his product. He was at a cross roads. Continue coaching at a high level, or punch the lottery ticket. He choose the lottery ticket, but his passion for coaching was so great, he took the HS OL job as a way to satisfy that part of his life.

giphy.gif

If I wanted to put my blinders on for this one, he thought he was going to be famously wealthy selling his blocking system, and all the P5 programs knocking at his door wouldn’t let him continue coaching at a high level and promote his product. He was at a cross roads. Continue coaching at a high level, or punch the lottery ticket. He choose the lottery ticket, but his passion for coaching was so great, he took the HS OL job as a way to satisfy that part of his life.

giphy.gif
You forgot the “and no one bought The ROD Blocking System” part. Except CU. And his wife told him to get a real job.

giphy.gif

I just think it was a natural fit, he won’t even have to bring his blocking system, it’s already here!

I have a feeling for all the **** that has been said about this guy, it's going to turn out that we love him. Either that or he is Toby Neinas level of hate. No inbetween.
He actually does have a lot of experience but it is just not at P5 or NFL level so it creates a vacuum of knowledge that leaves open room for speculation.

I have a feeling for all the **** that has been said about this guy, it's going to turn out that we love him. Either that or he is Toby Neinas level of hate. No inbetween.

You think maybe Coach Dorrell owes his daddy a favor?

I'm guessing Dorrell asked him about his hiatus back to the HS ranks and was satisfied with the answer.
If not then we have much bigger problems than a crappy OL coach.

I'm guessing Dorrell asked him about his hiatus back to the HS ranks and was satisfied with the answer.
If not then we have much bigger problems than a crappy OL coach.

Seriously. Can KD teach the rod blocking system if he doesn’t work out?

Back