What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most Frustrating Season

Always BUFF

I post stupid ****
Square up 1993...so much talent 8-3-1 should've been 11-1...vs the U....one minute I was sitting there and then the next watched a rumble. When I heard that Westbrook was DQ'd the game changed. IMO with Westbrook BUFFS win. I've always thought Lamont Warren was a very good RB that falls into my top 5, he was a strider in the open field, he wasn't fast but could cover ground.

Same here, although we sat at the opposite (and I mean OPPOSITE) side of the field so we were limited to what we could see through binoculars.

The fight was typical for Miami. Good way to get a team off track

and who recognizes this future movie star?

Same here, although we sat at the opposite (and I mean OPPOSITE) side of the field so we were limited to what we could see through binoculars.

The fight was typical for Miami. Good way to get a team off track

and who recognizes this future movie star?

The U's mo preceded them...I made sure that nothing would keep me from Folsom that day. Even though we lost it was a great game short handed.

What season did we have Bernard Jackson as QB? I seem to remember us having most of the pieces to be decent but didn't have a QB that could hit anything.

Should have been undefeated and National Champions. Most talent on one CU team ever.
With wins over #10 Wisconsin, @#4 Michigan, @#16 Texas, #22 Oklahoma, #19 Kansas St and Notre Dame (who was ranked most of the year). Who plays Wisconsin, @Michigan and @Texas (all ranked) in non-conference. That is just sick. I was at the Michigan game and the Nub game - so disappointed in that Nub game.

With wins over #10 Wisconsin, @#4 Michigan, @#16 Texas, #22 Oklahoma, #19 Kansas St and Notre Dame (who was ranked most of the year). Who plays Wisconsin, @Michigan and @Texas (all ranked) in non-conference. That is just sick. I was at the Michigan game and the Nub game - so disappointed in that Nub game.
My memory of the Nubs game was just utter shock. I left my heart in Folsom Field that day, soul too.

2017, basically after the ASU roadie, may have been the most frustrating and maddening for me. Coming off of '16, the Champions Center had been in place for a year.... and both the season and recruiting fell flat again. I guess I felt we had turned a corner and it sucked to find out we hadn't.

That Nub game was a nightmare. I was there. Brooke Berringer 8-8 passing with 5 1st downs in the 1st half. The offense moved the ball but could not get on track once they passed mid-field. Still makes me sick to this day... CU had so much talent on the field.

2017, basically after the ASU roadie, may have been the most frustrating and maddening for me. Coming off of '16, the Champions Center had been in place for a year.... and both the season and recruiting fell flat again. I guess I felt we had turned a corner and it sucked to find out we hadn't.
Ugh. Two passes dropped for two of the easiest touchdown grabs you could ever get.

Last edited:
While it was a great season, the 1994 Nebraska game still sticks in my craw. I’m still convinced to this day we were still the better team, it was a horrible game plan we put going into it and we should have another Natty.

That Nub game was a nightmare. I was there. Brooke Berringer 8-8 passing with 5 1st downs in the 1st half. The offense moved the ball but could not get on track once they passed mid-field. Still makes me sick to this day... CU had so much talent on the field.

Elliot Uzelac refused to open it up. Every time we passed midfield they put 9 guys in the box and we’d stall.

1997 comes to mind immediately. Picked #1 in preseason only to go 5-7 or whatever. Feels like a season where we lost our identity. In some ways, it feels like that season didn't even happen. Then, in 1998, we started 5-0, albeit with narrow wins against mostly unimpressive competition, before being decimated by injuries.

The Barnett era was mostly very good, in hindsight. The awful defense in 2003 really put a damper on what was a really exciting, fun passing attack, w/ Klatt throwing to McCoy and Hackett. Then, the next two years it was like he didn't really have anyone to throw to, even though the team was better as a whole. The end of 2005 was awful, but nothing compared to what followed.

Every Hawkins season was painful. 2006 was extremely bad, as our defense kept us in pretty much every single game but the offense could do absolutely nothing. Games were always close enough to hold my attention, but after a certain point there was no faith we could overcome even a 3 point deficit. 2007 seemed good at the time, but still had that terrible loss to ISU. 2008, lots of injuries if I remember right, but blew the chance to end on a good note with that devastating loss to the nubs. 2009 was an absolute embarrassment, and 2010 had hints of the team being good, but was buried in selfish coaching. All frustrating. Sad that 2010 was the best season I experienced as a CU student. Was so bizarre how Hawkins was downright terrible as a coach most of the time, but would occasionally pull these amazing games out of his hat. There were so many times I felt like we finally "clicked" while he was coach, only to realize one week later we were still very much below average. Those teams were the definition of frustrating.

Embree era reduced the team to a joke. I didn't care enough to be super frustrated with the earlier Mac seasons (I was just glad to see us slowly approach competency), but the way we just sort of dropped off the face of the earth after the 5-0 start in 2018 was really something.

Last edited:
Back