What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Neal Brown - HC Troy

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
20141130_NEAL_BROWN_HEAD_COACH_FOOTBALL_TROY_TROJANS_4950_2.jpg

Organization: Troy University

Current Position: Head Coach

Former Positions:
2003UMass (TE/AOL)
2004Sacred Heart (QB/WR)
2005Delaware (WR)
2006–2007Troy (IWR)
2008–2009Troy (OC/QB)
2010–2012Texas Tech (OC/QB)
2013–2014Kentucky (OC/QB)
2015–presentTroy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Record and Awards:
Overall34–15
Bowls2–0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Championships
Sun Belt (2017)
Awards
Sun Belt Coach of the Year (2017)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Notable Recruits:
Drew Barker - QB (4*)
Matt Elam - DT (4*)
Eli Brown - OLB (4*)

Coaching Notes:

Neal Brown has gone from my short list of "do we think we can get him over other suitors?" in the preseason to now being very confident that we can do a better and my interest being tepid. This is despite the fact that he's having an even better season than he did last year.

I like this candidate. Being from the TT mold, personnel here will suit his O fine. Not a bad choice IMO.

Major player IMO if it weren’t for us needing to pay Troy $2.9 million to release him. They basically are making it so only major programs with deep pockets can pluck him away.

All these g5 guys are a year early from proving they are legit.... Or they may just be a mdiocre class
Yep. From what I see is that they either have one good season or beat someone they shouldn’t and all of sudden they are the hottest thing on the block.

beat someone they shouldn’t
We could stand to have a little of that at CU. But it is weird that people are higher on this guy from Troy than the guy from Appy State, who has a longer history of success and seemingly a better team this year (AppSt has a point diff of 230 compared to 114 for Troy this season--not counting this game)

Back