What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New QB coach is... Langsdorf?

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member

Danny Langsdorf will join Karl Dorrell’s new Colorado staff, sources told FootballScoop on Wednesday.

Langsdorf is currently the quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator at UNLV. It is believed Langsdorf will coach the Buffs’ quarterbacks while Darrin Chiaverini coordinates Colorado’s offense and coaches wide receivers.

A former Boise State quarterback, Langsdorf is a longtime Mike Riley lieutenant, coaching under him in both of his stints at Oregon State and from 2015-17 at Nebraska.
I know nothing about how I feel about this.

Nebraska fans hated him but he was served an odd fit for his offense with Tommy Armstrong not really being a QB to throw the ball downfield.

They took a TON of deep shots in that offense but guys were always open and he just missed them. I kind of like the hire with his resume.

He has coached the all-time leading passers at two Power 5 schools and worked for a season with a potential NFL Hall of Famer.

Langsdorf, 47, has been in coaching for 23 years, and just two months ago was hired as quarterbacks coach at UNLV. He was the quarterbacks coach at Fresno State last season and an offensive analyst at Oregon in 2018.

While the offensive coordinator at Oregon State, Langsdorf recruited and coached Sean Mannion, who threw for an Oregon State-record 13,600 yards in his career. At the time, that was the Pac-12 record.

OSU has had nine 3,000-yard seasons in its history, with four coming during Langsdorf’s time as coordinator (by three different quarterbacks).

In 2014, Mannion’s senior year at OSU, Langsdorf worked as the quarterbacks coach of the New York Giants. That season, he coached two-time Super Bowl champion Eli Manning, who produced one of the best statistical seasons of his career.

Langsdorf has sent four quarterbacks – Mannion, Sean Canfield and Matt Moore from Oregon State, and Lee from Nebraska – to the NFL. With the Beavers, he also coached NFL draft picks Brandin Cooks, Jacquizz Rodgers and Markus Wheaton.

Actually this is my favorite hire on the Offense side so far.
Multiple years of Offensive Coordinator and QB experience that was lacking from this staff. Would love to have found a way to bring TC into the fold but with this staff a move like this was necessary.

Last edited:
I'm getting a little bored with all of those Oregon State connections then remember that the building in front of the north end zone was named after a former Beaver.

1583354357690.png

Actually this is my favorite hire on the Offense side so far.
Multiple years of Offensive Coordinator and QB experience that was lacking from this staff. Would love to have found way to bring TC into the fold but with this staff I think a move like this was necessary.
ditto

QB coach with 11 years calling plays. Put multiple QBs in the NFL. Mannion at the time had the most passing yards in the Pac12. Also record breaking yard totals while with the Nubs (not that they had a history of throwing the ball) also worked with Eli during his best statistical year. This seems to be exactly what we all wanted as far as a vetern play caller to help out Chev that also knows how to work with QBs.

QB coach with 11 years calling plays. Put multiple QBs in the NFL. Mannion at the time had the most passing yards in the Pac12. Also record breaking yard totals while with the Nubs (not that they had a history of throwing the ball) also worked with Eli during his best statistical year. This seems to be exactly what we all wanted as far as a vetern play caller to help out Chev that also knows how to work with QBs.
Sounds good. But the OLine better be solid or it's all for naught. I'm particularly worried about that piece of the equation.

Coach Rod is highly respected by all accounts.

giphy.gif

Back