What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Rolovich - Former Hawaii & Wazzu HC

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
Nick fits the profile of what a lot of us say they want on paper. He's got head coaching experience. He runs a defined system. He's an offensive coach who has won in hard places to win. He has been a decent identifier of talent, and is familiar with recruiting the west coach and islands.

Does have that whole vaccine issue

Ok. With that particular issue on his resume, can you imagine the CU regents voting on his contract? I can't.

Last edited:
Dude can coach.

He's in the same category as Mullen for me. If CU hired him, I'd know we snagged a good coach with plenty of experience. He'd be likely to succeed. I'd be a good fan and support him. But he's such an asshole that I'd turn on him quickly if he struggled.

Some guys don't get much rope.

Dude can coach.

He's in the same category as Mullen for me. If CU hired him, I'd know we snagged a good coach with plenty of experience. He'd be likely to succeed. I'd be a good fan and support him. But he's such an asshole that I'd turn on him quickly if he struggled.

I would be in this camp as well. I wouldn’t hate the football decision, but oof, such a dick.

Dude can coach.

I'm not really familiar with him, other than his name. What make him an asshole? His political beliefs, something he did that I missed, or is he related to ****ing Gary Patterson? :D

People should take issue with these mandates rather than an individual making a personal choice
For the record, I have no issue with refusing the vaccine. I think it’s a foolish choice like smoking or riding a motorcycle without a helmet anywhere in Florida, but that’s your choice. We have a one billion page Covid thread to discuss that.

It was not what he did, it’s how it all went down. Rolo created the maelstrom the ultimately swept him away.

Last edited:
For the record, I have no issue with refusing the vaccine. I think it’s a foolish choice like smoking or riding a motorcycle without a helmet anywhere in Florida, but that’s your choice.

It was not what he did, it’s how it all went down. Rolo created the maelstrom the ultimately swept him away.
People needed to stand up for individual rights - and still do

For the record, I have no issue with refusing the vaccine. I think it’s a foolish choice like smoking or riding a motorcycle without a helmet anywhere in Florida, but that’s your choice. We have a one billion page Covid thread to discuss that.

I absolutely agree it's a personal choice. That choice includes opting not to be present in places where vaccines are mandated. Not being responsible and then lying continually about it speaks to a lack of character and a failure to accept that personal accountability has to be tied to personal choice. This all gets compounded by him deceptively trying to put this on his religion when that religion's official stance was the opposite of what he chose to do.

All that said, he wins and I'd accept the logic of hiring him. Won't happen, though, because I don't think he'd be allowed to be on the CU or most other campuses in our conference.

I absolutely agree it's a personal choice. That choice includes opting not to be present in places where vaccines are mandated. Not being responsible and then lying continually about it speaks to a lack of character and a failure to accept that personal accountability has to be tied to personal choice. This all gets compounded by him deceptively trying to put this on his religion when that religion's official stance was the opposite of what he chose to do.

All that said, he wins and I'd accept the logic of hiring him. Won't happen, though, because I don't think he'd be allowed to be on the CU or most other campuses in our conference.
When you say “he wins”, he’s a .500 HC. I get that would be a step up for us but even putting aside the vaccine stuff, is he really that appealing?

Yes...Vaccine mandates shown to be a joke for healthy immune systems.. and dont protect those around you..

Good coach..ousted for nonsense.
To me, the issue is about what it said about him as a leader of young men. The belief and debate around it is irrelevant. This is about the character displayed as he provided a very negative example of how you behave.

- He broke the rules of his employer because he didn't agree with them.

- He lied to his employer and co-workers because only his beliefs mattered to him.

- He threw shade on his church to justify his actions because he did not want to take the heat personally.

How do you put this guy in charge of your football program?

To me, the issue is about what it said about him as a leader of young men. The belief and debate around it is irrelevant. This is about the character displayed as he provided a very negative example of how you behave.

- He broke the rules of his employer because he didn't agree with them.

- He lied to his employer and co-workers because only his beliefs mattered to him.

- He threw shade on his church to justify his actions because he did not want to take the heat personally.

How do you put this guy in charge of your football program?
Great leader who stood up for what he believed and didnt allow indefensible mandate and group think to influence his decision to take a marginally tested vaccine...

His position has proven to be spot on...endangered no one...and avoided the potentially dangerous side effects...

He'll never be CUs coach given the woke vaccine nonsense...but he is a winner..

As usual...brilliant retort Jelly..well done..

Navy tried to force my company to get vaxxed....didnt comply...still working....

Never vaxxed...got covid a couple of times...no missed work days..and I'm an old fart ...who takes care of his immune system...you know.. exercise..diet...nothing the quacks at the CDC ever recommended...America is around 42% obese...most sedentary with lousy eating habits...not a good mix to combat any disease..

Keep up the jousting....hopefully someday we can all meetup at a tailgate....be good to put a face to the verbs .
Go Rolo!

As usual...brilliant retort Jelly..well done..

Navy tried to force my company to get vaxxed....didnt comply...still working....

Never vaxxed...got covid a couple of times...no missed work days..and I'm an old fart ...who takes care of his immune system...you know.. exercise..diet...nothing the quacks at the CDC ever recommended...America is around 42% obese...most sedentary with lousy eating habits...not a good mix to combat any disease..

Keep up the jousting....hopefully someday we can all meetup at a tailgate....be good to put a face to the verbs .
Go Rolo!
200w.gif

Great leader who stood up for what he believed and didnt allow indefensible mandate and group think to influence his decision to take a marginally tested vaccine...

His position has proven to be spot on...endangered no one...and avoided the potentially dangerous side effects...

He'll never be CUs coach given the woke vaccine nonsense...but he is a winner..
Good for him standing up for his right to deny science and lie to his employer. Unfortunately for him, his employer exercised their rights to fire him and he’s now unemployed. Carpe Diem.

Back