What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

Is this Langsdorf thing really a strong possibility?

It sounds as though Adam dropped some info yesterday and at some point Buffalo Brad denounced his interest in the program.

I'm not asking for insider info from Adam, because the man needs to make his living. I'm just curious if this Langsdorf thing is about general pessimism or if there is credible insights behind it.

It sounds as though Adam dropped some info yesterday and at some point Buffalo Brad denounced his interest in the program.

I'm not asking for insider info from Adam, because the man needs to make his living. I'm just curious if this Langsdorf thing is about general pessimism or if there is credible insights behind it.
Oh..I'm asking for this insider info once the 24 hour rule is over. Should be soon I think.

Nothing reported that either confirms or refutes Langsdorf as the leader at the turn.

Adam's latest was that it is a full search, but may take a bit of time to be done.

KD is interviewing outside of recruiting hours with LC setting things up, is how it sounds like it's going.

There are a ton of great candidates out there.

The young guns: Harrell (USC, if we could get him), Sowder (Kent St), Marion (Pitt, WR), Tucker (USU), Eidsness (NIU), Hartline (tOSU, WR), Mumme (UNR), Brady (sabbatical)

The established guns: Tedford (sabbatical), Wells (sabbatical)

The "if these guys get fired we should call them immediately" guns: Spavital (Texas St), Littrell (North Texas)

The "maybe they'd give up HC to become a P5 OC to make a major move up in level" guns: Taylor (Sacramento State)

The "these guns can maybe be ours for $1.5-2M per year" dream guns: Grimes (Baylor), Briles (Arkansas)

Anyone that we should add to this?
Nope. No way, no how on Turner.
He coached here in 2010.

He's got Buff ties!

Adam's latest was that it is a full search, but may take a bit of time to be done.

KD is interviewing outside of recruiting hours with LC setting things up, is how it sounds like it's going.
It's a full search and our coach is doing the things required for his job is supposed to be encouraging?

In fairness, while not great, I don’t think the job Wilson had done with the d-line in 2020 was viewed as unfavorably as the job Langsdorf did with the QBs this year.
Plus, apples & oranges. Langsdorf was never on Barnett's staff.

:ROFLMAO:

Which in terms of how CU athletics works means that we will get a new OC hired sometime maybe by June.

And he will be the friend of somebody with prior ties to either CU or KD.

And he will be thoroughly and completely unimpressive.

Does Langsdorf have a house in Boulder? Asking for a friend.

Delivered the worst rush offense in the NFL that year and 25/32 on points, 27/32 on total yards. Got fired after 1 season as OC.

Sounds like he'll make our short list.
Should probably add Rick Dennison to that short list with how many times he and KD crossed paths. He is also available and not in demand.

It’s hard for me to assess the job Lansdorf did at QB without knowing how much of a voice he had in the offensive scheme.
When the QB has no o-line, how can you tell?

It’s hard for me to assess the job Lansdorf did at QB without knowing how much of a voice he had in the offensive scheme.
Outside of Sean Mannion, what on his resume suggests he’s a good QB coach/OC? Could he prove people wrong? Sure, but the track record suggests he’s a very mediocre coach and playcaller, and mediocre might be generous.

How about the fact that at the end of the year Lewis was still locking onto a receiver pre-snap and indecisively patting the ball while staring him down before releasing?

Just as Coach Rod wasn't the reason that Chev failed, Chev was not the reason that Langsdorf failed.

CU needs to be like any program with any pride or standards by simply not signing Langsdorf to a new contract. It's time to move on because it didn't work.

Back