What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

How about the fact that at the end of the year Lewis was still locking onto a receiver pre-snap and indecisively patting the ball while staring him down before releasing?

Just as Coach Rod wasn't the reason that Chev failed, Chev was not the reason that Langsdorf failed.

CU needs to be like any program with any pride or standards by simply not signing Langsdorf to a new contract. It's time to move on because it didn't work.
PS we had a historically bad offense. Historically bad.

Has Tom Herman’s name come up for any of these open jobs (HC or OC)? I never thought in a million years we would have a chance at him (and probably still don’t), but I’d put him in the Grimes/Brady category of guys we’d need $2M to go get and *might* be available.

I’m not saying he’s God or even good. Hard to evaluate with the offensive line they had only. He is not on my list by any stretch as our next OC.

Scapegoating DC and giving the rest of the offensive staff a pass is a surefire recipe to repeat bad bad results. Every offensive coach from this season should be shopping hard for a new job.
I can only hold the QB coach accountable for the QB position. It’s not like he had anyone but BLew to go with. I’ve seen Tom Brady look like garbage under relentless pressure. Again not saying he should be promoted, just don’t think he was the problem.

I can only hold the QB coach accountable for the QB position. It’s not like he had anyone but BLew to go with. I’ve seen Tom Brady look like garbage under relentless pressure. Again not saying he should be promoted, just don’t think he was the problem.
Come on, man. If you’re being objective, you can definitely say Lewis’ issues were not solely, or even mostly, due to the OL. The QB coaching this season was atrocious

He’s my choice for HC at CU after KD flames out next year.
Let him be Dorrell’s version of Jim Leavitt - fired HC getting some rehab in the NFL and brought in to help save the HC’s job. Not sure I want Dorrell to save his job based on the performance of a short term assistant but I’d rather have that debate in a season or two when the offense is rolling.

You are not hold the QB coach accountable for the QB position. BLew got better this season, barely, and he had the biggest opportunity, so why do you not hold the QB coach accountable for the QB's lack of improvement? Comparing BLew to Tom Brady is somewhere far beyond insane.

I expect you'll get what you desire, that Langsdorf will be on staff at a minimum as the QB coach next season too.

There are a ton of great candidates out there.

The young guns: Harrell (USC, if we could get him), Sowder (Kent St), Marion (Pitt, WR), Tucker (USU), Eidsness (NIU), Hartline (tOSU, WR), Mumme (UNR), Brady (sabbatical)

The established guns: Tedford (sabbatical), Wells (sabbatical)

The "if these guys get fired we should call them immediately" guns: Spavital (Texas St), Littrell (North Texas)

The "maybe they'd give up HC to become a P5 OC to make a major move up in level" guns: Taylor (Sacramento State)

The "these guns can maybe be ours for $1.5-2M per year" dream guns: Grimes (Baylor), Briles (Arkansas)

Anyone that we should add to this?
SBP: 78k and unlimited soft serve in the cafeteria

You are not hold the QB coach accountable for the QB position. BLew got better this season, barely, and he had the biggest opportunity, so why do you not hold the QB coach accountable for the QB's lack of improvement? Comparing BLew to Tom Brady is somewhere far beyond insane.

I expect you'll get what you desire, that Langsdorf will be on staff at a minimum as the QB coach next season too.
Nobody compared BLew to Tom B. That’s NOT what I said so read again.

Come on, man. If you’re being objective, you can definitely say Lewis’ issues were not solely, or even mostly, due to the OL. The QB coaching this season was atrocious
I’m trying to be objective. We know that there were whispers all spring and Summer that Blew may not be the leading candidate to win the job, which made many on here angry. I got plenty of flame for even suggesting it.
And I’m not suggesting that our QB coach is anything other than hard to evaluate given how bad Chev and Blocking Sled were.

I had a feeling we'd get an OC announcement today.

Now I'm tired of checking, but every time I try to stop I start thinking about how bad it would suck to be checking all day long and then miss it.

Like I'm a little kid trying to stay up for Santa.

All I know is that I better not wake up with a fvcking lump of coal in my stocking.

Now I'm tired of checking, but every time I try to stop I start thinking about how bad it would suck to be checking all day long and then miss it.

All I know is that I better not wake up with a fvcking lump of coal in my stocking.

You know better than to expect CU to work quickly

I'm expecting an announcement sometime in January, that way the bar is about as low as possible

You should know better, we have been down this road many many times. Don't drive yourself crazy.

Probably an even higher percentage than that, but hopefully resolved immediately after that early period to give some time to really hit the transfer portal before Spring semester.
I'll take whatever this guy is drinking!

Lewis had so many issues this year that seemed to not be fixed or even addressed. That's on DL. He has a garbage resume and his position group did not get better over of the course of the year. At any level of football, you should be gone.

My sources say that Brain McGuiness has a finalized 'short list' of OC candidates. That was as of noon yesterday. Hard to tell if the pace at which they are moving is a positive or a negative.

Back