What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

A name I'm surprised we haven't heard mentioned is Tom Cable.

2 years at CU (1 as OC)
KD's OC at UCLA for 3 years
Current OL Coach with the Raiders

Not that I'm advocating for this, but he seems to fit the profile many of us assume KD & RG would have.

Last edited:
Why would Bryan McGinnis be involved in finalizing a short list of OC candidates? Isn't he responsible for team travel, and **** like that?
He’s not deciding anything, just keeping a list on yellow legal paper of the name, phone #, and email address of each guy they like, or the contact info of the agents involved. Like a scribe, so they can remember what they talked about the previous day. This stuff is pretty complicated.

A name I'm surprised we haven't heard mentioned is Tom Cable.

2 years at CU (1 as OC)
KD's OC at UCLA for 3 years
Current OL Coach with the Raiders

Not that I'm advocating for this, but he seems to fit the profile many of us assume KD & RG would have.
You are depressingly and excruciatingly correct. As the Jr. High gals were saying a few years ago, “OMG!!”

Cable is a very very good Offensive Line coach. If KD is truly committed to pounding the rock Cable is an uninspiring but solid hire. Won't happen due to his past, but just from a football perspective I wouldn't hate it too much.

Think Cable would recruit any more than Jeffcoat or Bernardi?
This.

OL might be the one AC position where coaching ability is ever so slightly more important than recruiting. But it's maybe 55%/45% coaching /recruiting, and probably 51%/49%.

It's certainly not 90%/10% like those clowns thought.

Think Cable would recruit any more than Jeffcoat or Bernardi?
Bernardi was spun to us as "so cal top recruiter at UCLA for a decade". Failed to mention that he was such a boob that USC destroyed his career to the point where he pretty much only held onto some contacts in Arizona.

Jeffcoat, well, I guess he kind of owned El Paso and had the distinction of being MacIntyre's only black friend.

Bernardi was spun to us as "so cal top recruiter at UCLA for a decade". Failed to mention that he was such a boob that USC destroyed his career to the point where he pretty much only held onto some contacts in Arizona.

Jeffcoat, well, I guess he kind of owned El Paso and had the distinction of being MacIntyre's only black friend.
Huh?

A clear, early sign of Orgeron's passion for the chase came in the pre-Pete Carroll era at USC. Back in 2000, after USC fired head coach Paul Hackett, Orgeron continued to recruit even though the Trojans program was leaderless. One day, Orgeron showed up a local high school at the same time as UCLA assistant Gary Bernardi. "What the **** is he doing here?" Bernardi asked a high school coach within earshot of Orgeron. "He doesn't even have a ****in' job." Orgeron wanted to tear Bernardi's head off, but instead he just gritted his teeth. A few days later, after he was hired as the new Trojans head coach, Carroll named Orgeron his recruiting coordinator and asked him which area he wanted to recruit personally.

"I want Bernardi," Orgeron answered.

Orgeron wanted to recruit the San Fernando and Santa Clarita schools, traditionally UCLA strongholds, just so he could go head-to-head with Bernardi. And from that day on, Bernardi never beat Orgeron for single player. Two years later, UCLA canned Bernardi.

Daniel Day Lewis GIF

Good point, but USC is 20-13 running the Air Raid. Why? They are loaded with talent. And with all that, the run about .600.

Sure, you could probably get an extra win or two out of the Air Raid in Boulder....until it snows.

So, put me down for a read-option based run offense, please. Leave the PlayStation offense to Mississippi St.
Or that “one” game where it’s really windy.

Bernardi was a 'nice guy' and I can also tell you when I worked with him - the game had past him by - by about 15-20 years. The recruiting trail, the technology involved in keeping up with recruits was just way beyond him. It was kind of sad in a way.

All’s I know is I kin use this thing and talk on the phone and take pitchers and book a motel and do texting and buy stuff from Walmart and do me all the emailing and read a ton of political stuff too. I get more smarter with this thing so I don’t need to do dumb stuff like read books or talk to smarty pants know-it-allz. Tooty-hoot.

The Bills agree with this statement.

Who the **** designs an offense in Buffalo that can't run the god damn ball?
The Bills coaching staff is Highly overrated. They’ve had 2 years to get a couple of top tier RBs and don’t seem to recognize that it’s a problem. I’m a huge Josh Allen fan but it’s almost like the Pats should win that division just so those idiots get fired or are firmly on the hot seat. So frustrating….

Just filled out the fan survey sent to me by cubuffs for season ticket holders and I only answered that the product on the field was really all that mattered. I can live with the urinals as they are. And in the comments I ripped RG for hiring KD when there was nothing about his past that suggested success, plus the ridiculous contract he gave him. When asked if I was going to renew, I stated, I'll let you know after the OC hire. I need something bold and if KD were to hire the dude with the GoGo offense (and allow him to run it) then while it would be risky, it would at least be bold and frankly, I'd tune in to see what happens. But Rick,

1. don't overpay
2. trust him to be your QB coach because you can't afford 2 of them.
3. force KD to coach "outside WRs" which he can do in his sleep with a G.A.
4. Pay big time for an OL coach and in recruiting.

Back