What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

CU is so ****ing slow about everything

slow candy GIF by Trolli

Maybe we need to find someone who runs the veer like that Remember The Ttians coach who said he had just six plays in his playbook. We whupped the Nubs in 2001 and didn't run that many different plays.

CU is so ****ing slow about everything

slow candy GIF by Trolli
This^.
Seeing how the offense was going this year it’s crazy that KD didn’t have a fairly vetted and scrubbed list of possible candidates for OC ready to go the day Chev left. Maybe they did and they’re just that slow to act. Either way the appearance is that CU wakes up in new world every day…

I am in the mindset CU administration thinks the campus, Flat Irons, Boulder, etc... will attract coaches. Coaches want to coach and get paid, they could coach in a desert.

Maybe we need to find someone who runs the veer like that Remember The Ttians coach who said he had just six plays in his playbook. We whupped the Nubs in 2001 and didn't run that many different plays.
Sowder along with everyone else who bases things off Art Briles' concepts has the Power Veer as the foundation of their offense.

Sowder along with everyone else who bases things off Art Briles' concepts has the Power Veer as the foundation of their offense.

Checked out some highlights of that team and that's something I'd be happy with. That does not appear to be too different from what I do in videogame football and looking at some of the stats from their games, I can see why I rack up the yards on the ground out of the pistol and shotgun along with downfield passing. If we have more bodies at QB, I could see CU running something like that and that is something I saw out of the short 2020 season with Noyer at QB at times.

That's why we need difference makers at QB and some blockers.

"Hey diddle, diddle! We're comin' up the middle!"

I am in the mindset CU administration thinks the campus, Flat Irons, Boulder, etc... will attract coaches. Coaches want to coach and get paid, they could coach in a desert.
Hey! Who here is a sock for DiStefano?!?

Whipple snagging that last big payday before he retires. Nubs had to find someone willing to agree to break in a new QB wile working for someone who is likely a lame duck HC if he doesn't win this year. I think he's about the best they could do. What's interesting is that it seems a departure from the offense Frost ran at UO and UCF - which was the calling card that got him hired in the first place.

Nah. Putting it back into job terms, I'd agree with not resigning until you've got something else lined up. But you can and should fire people before you have started researching replacement candidates.
Yeah but what's disgusting and incompetent to me is that Chev could be clearly identified as a huge issue by week 5. Week 8 it was GLARINGLY obvious he had to go. RG and Duhrell can't see further than 6 inches in front of their face. The fact that other equally as bad programs like CSU and ***braska have already gone out and solved some problems before CU even gets out of the gate really says it all.

I swear it's like neither RG nor Duhrell have any intuition about how to do anything with the proper sense of urgency. Maybe we should be careful what we ask for, because last time RG acted with any urgency we got Duhrell.

Whipple snagging that last big payday before he retires. Nubs had to find someone willing to agree to break in a new QB wile working for someone who is likely a lame duck HC if he doesn't win this year. I think he's about the best they could do. What's interesting is that it seems a departure from the offense Frost ran at UO and UCF - which was the calling card that got him hired in the first place.
Just spoke with a buddy who has ties inside the program. This is an Alberts hire all the way and forced on Frost. He wanted a steadying, mature influence on both the offense and the program. It will be Frost's offense, but Whipple will call the plays as a "trusted" coach, so Frost can focus on actually being a head coach - something I guess he had spun further from last seaon.

Back