What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I’m right there with you - The Midnight Mel move has fired up the conversation and this move by Sark to get ridiculous money as an OC will just add more fuel to the bonfire. There will be a group of 20 to 30 schools forming their own ‘league’ real soon to divy up the $$$ to pay their coaches and players to provide a farm system for the NFL. The current trend is not sustainable for 100+ D1 schools.

I’m sick of watching Dabo thank god for how blessed he is and buying pizzas for bowl watching events and angry elf marching up and down the sidelines. And there just continue to get the best players without lifting a finger.

I’ll continue to support my Buffs, spend countless hours and money to attend games - but the whole landscape is out of whack. It’s broken and not sustainable. Either way - I’m all in with my school and will root for them through thick and thin.

Go Buffs!

Maybe a split of P5 into two chunks, as you describe, is the solution. The 100+ P5s that don't want to spend the large sums of money can compete with each other. There are a lot of good players, and they wouldn't all be monopolized by the "Super P5". This is really just an issue of resource allocation and not emotion, IMHO....

Maybe a split of P5 into two chunks, as you describe, is the solution. The 100+ P5s that don't want to spend the large sums of money can compete with each other. There are a lot of good players, and they wouldn't all be monopolized by the "Super P5". This is really just an issue of resource allocation and not emotion, IMHO....
P5 = Pac12, BigXII, B1G10, ACC, SEC = 64 Teams

"the 100+ D1s that don't want to spend the large sums".......essentially a creation of a Super P5 and a Modest P5. Modest P5s play each other and occasionally G5s.
Modest P5s become a new tranche, though we've gotta get another name for them. Maybe just "P5".....

In any event, this is the failure of the structure of the sport to reflect the fact that certain conferences are way ahead in resources, due to better media deals and really, more interest in the sport. It's not a coincidence that the best media deals exist in the conferences that fill up the 75,000+ stadiums most Saturdays.

A poster named Flatulence tells us to watch our spelling and grammar. This thread has officially jumped the sark.

Meh. It would never break down that way. Why would Vanderbilt, Northwestern, or ****braska be included in that group?

Tradition, for one thing. Because they are in those conferences already and they compete in them without whining. Remember, the premise is that we DON'T want to be in Super P5 because it's too expensive. Vanderbilt isn't whining. They could leave the SEC whenever they wanted to. Northwestern could leave the B1G whenever it wanted to. This wouldn't be an exercise in tearing apart existing conferences and kicking schools out against their wishes. Just look at Vandy and Northwestern as kids that were born on the right side of the tracks.

Today was dam hard.
Takato_Dam_discharge.jpg

A poster named Flatulence tells us to watch our spelling and grammar. This thread has officially jumped the sark.

Stupid ****er... Poor bastard pissed away his opportunity to do the "Sark Week" thing on Pearl St. I say **** the guy. I hate him aleadry.

Tradition, for one thing. Because they are in those conferences already and they compete in them without whining. Remember, the premise is that we DON'T want to be in Super P5 because it's too expensive. Vanderbilt isn't whining. They could leave the SEC whenever they wanted to. Northwestern could leave the B1G whenever it wanted to. This wouldn't be an exercise in tearing apart existing conferences and kicking schools out against their wishes. Just look at Vandy and Northwestern as kids that were born on the right side of the tracks.

My post was mostly sarcastic. But if that’s the story, I’m out, and so are most other fans. It takes a rare breed to support a team that quite literally cannot compete at the highest level of competition. It is a pretty drastic suggestion to say that’s where we should go. Maybe we will never win another national title. But I’d like to have the promise of it, and I believe we can regularly compete with Arizona, ASU, UCLA, Utah, OSU, WSU, and Cal, maybe Stanford for the 4/5 spots in the PAC-12. And even win it once in awhile.

The conference money is a mess. But the west is a huge population and growing. The midwest and south are not. Eventually, the money will get figured out and the PAC-12 will be the beast. That may be two decades from now. But it will happen.

I’m pretty down right now too but I’m not so down that I’m willing to concede to playing in a glorified MWC.

interesting timeline of events if true

interview and get serious with Sark yesterday/last night
but also offer EB last night?
shot down by EB
go hard on Sark this morning
Saban.
crying

Back