What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

The best move for RG May be to name, say, Chev as the interim HC and wait until next season if there isn’t a viable candidate.
Recruiting players/hiring coaches with an interim coach is incredibly difficult. You might as well risk it with Chev if you believe he's the best option and give him a real contract, maybe a lower salary and a higher assistant pool. Honestly though, as much as I love Chev, it's a very odd fit right now given the direction of the team and his perceived philosophy towards the offense.

The best move for RG May be to name, say, Chev as the interim HC and wait until next season if there isn’t a viable candidate.

It almost has to be Chev for next season if there's any hope of holding most of the guys together. And any commits that want to go have to be allowed to go. They were taken in by a... guy who's leaving.

I know everyone is saying chev isnt ready and i get it. But i disagree honestly. I think he could be a great HC. Great recruiter, and the players seem to like playing for him. Obviously this less than ideal situation but he has to be our best option at the moment.

perusing our coaching bazar thread because it's still there because we just hired a mother****ing coach:

Chip Long was interesting and is currently unemployed. idk why ND canned him, I liked him, but he wouldn't really fit in with the MT/Day/Lake tier that RG targeted.

Tosh Lupoi is out there not recruiting.. man he'd be so boom or bust

Seth Littrell was hot at the time, but just nosedived into a 4-8 season at UNT. Pass

Bryan Harsin is still out there cranking out double digit W seasons at Boise, but pretty sure we're just not ever allowed to bark up the Boise tree again

nik's boy Jedd Fisch is still out there doing who knows what jobs for NFL teams. His current role is unknown role at NE Patriots, wtf?

most of the rest either got HC jobs or fell off the planet (Pep Hamilton works in the XFL now)

broyles award list for 2019 most of those guys got NFL/HC jobs.

If Tucker also raids the assistants than **** him! Kap is probably the one he would take.

i probably think the Chev option is the best with a lower salary so he can take the difference and the buyout and boost the assistants!!!

EB is being considered as an NFL head coach. His tenure here with Embo was a disaster. I think he would jump on this and succeed. I’d like him closing recruits. If you ever talked with him ... energizer bunny

There was this weird rumor about us hiring a coach from the NFL last year, some guy later said Vance Joseph had agreed to the job but went on a 3 game win streak and it fell through. I mean, I thought the idea was crazy, and I still do.

gary-kubiak.jpg

The more I think about it, we must go get EB!!! Give him $4,000,000, Chev and some other assistants will stay, including Els and a few more! Playing the KC offense would be sick!!!

EB is being considered as an NFL head coach. His tenure here with Embo was a disaster. I think he would jump on this and succeed. I’d like him closing recruits. If you ever talked with him ... energizer bunny

I think EB could be one of the minority coaches in the NFL who goes back to college because hes not getting a look at that level. He seems pretty content with where he's at now though-that was the impression I got from the podcast he did with Tucker and MJ on Friday.

Allbright seems to think the odds of Chev being promoted are high. This is fine if he's in a position to succeed. No interim label. Give him the type of deal Tucker got, but with a sky high buyout. Experienced coordinators. We're not going to bring the band back together and hope it works. Put the MSU buyout money back in the AC pool.

Last edited:
Going back a decade, many at the time thought that the Embree HC/EB OC combination was the wrong way around

He should've picked up an NFL Head Coach job in this last carousel, unlikely the Chiefs win again plus the NFL seems to be going down the "young"/"wizz kid" HC route recently and EB is on the wrong side of 50

I'm sure RG will offer him the job in the morning ... whether he takes it is another matter

Mekhi also has an Instagram Live video with his reaction.

Mekhi said Tucker did not reassure his commitment to the Buffs verbally in practice, even though players obviously saw the tweet. In addition, he and Tucker did not talk to each other like usual this week due to sensing a weird vibe from him.

If Tucker was transparent with RG throughout, as reported, then he better already have a plan and be as swift as possible.

Man. **** this. Not what I even remotely expected to wake up to.

the way I see it, with it being this late in the process, it’s probably EB or Chev but who knows RG could have someone up his sleeve no one is thinking about. This is a ****ty feeling

Back