What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Well, let’s see. We’ve tried the G5 head coaches, the legacy CU alumn coach, the out of region guy with tons of experience but first time head coach, what’s left?

Well, let’s see. We’ve tried the G5 head coaches, the legacy CU alumn coach, the out of region guy with tons of experience but first time head coach, what’s left?

Seriously. Where do you even go at this point? Another coordinator somewhere?

Puke. Staff will be raided by Tucker so I doubt Chev would work as an interim. I doubt he has the connections to build a staff especially under such weird circumstances.

I am leaning towards an interim situation if the staff can hold the players together

**** you to all the “I’m done with CU” ****. Seriously? This is not on our beloved school. **** Mel Tucker. Circle the wagons, donate more, show the **** up and let’s become a “have” again.

I will never give up on the Buffs, even after the last 15 years. Still, another 15 years of this doesn't sound like much fun.

**** you to all the “I’m done with CU” ****. Seriously? This is not on our beloved school. **** Mel Tucker. Circle the wagons, donate more, show the **** up and let’s become a “have” again.

We can’t, we’re in the PAC 12. Our losing coach left for a payday on a middle tier B1G team after a year. It’s just becoming more and more clear we’re fighting an insurmountable battle. The irony is we have a decent roster now and no coach in the middle of February.

In this parable, Marlin plays allbuffs and Rick George plays squirt:

This is as ****ed up a situation as an AD can find himself in. Let's see what RG has up his sleeve. We all know he's no idiot and had to anticipate that this was possible.

I always thought cu messed up by not making EB the head coach and embree the OC but it still scares me to put him in that position in college. He would recruit well but he had his issues controlling his emotions last time.

I always thought cu messed up by not making EB the head coach and embree the OC but it still scares me to put him in that position in college. He would recruit well but he had his issues controlling his emotions last time.

Plus, I can remember when we practiced a no-huddle all summer and then ran it for approximately 10 plays during the first game. No bueno.

Yeah no chance on EB. NFL coach through and through.
Last time he was here I was literally embarrassed watching a live practice

Plus, I can remember when we practiced a no-huddle all summer and then ran it for approximately 10 plays during the first game. No bueno.
And obviously some of that is a little unfair to him. He had no leadership here to help him and is more well respected in coaching circles to go along with calling plays for one of the best offenses in nfl history the last two years but it seems like chasing a name instead of trying to find the best fit. I do trust RG to figure that out though.

Whomever CU hires, my default position is that he is a lier until he’s at CU for at least 10 years.

Duh. Perhaps the scales will finally fall from the eyes of some of our (older) posters. Everything any head CFB coach says is coach-speak, it means nothing. The next time someone here posts that [CU's HC] isn't like [other head coach] because he has integrity [or cares about the kids][or bleeds black and gold], I say we all line up to kick that poster in the nuts so he won't be so surprised when that coach disappoints him.

Back