What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Cal Pregame/Game Thread

I didn't expect 10. That's worrisome. Apparently, Vegas is more impressed with playing Oregon tough than it is with dismantling Arizona. Fair.

I didn't expect 10. That's worrisome. Apparently, Vegas is more impressed with playing Oregon tough than it is with dismantling Arizona. Fair.
We also got two huge plays to break the game open in ways that are not repeatable. That was a nail biter until the football gods smiled on us. Not to mention the 4th down stop at the 1. The scoreline flattered CU

In terms of Cal being big favoriteS, they're really due for a win. Overdue even. We just got one.

I don't pretend to understand how gambling lines are initially set, but that's how my fan logic sees it.

Of course, I hope Cal is even more overdue a week from now.

In terms of Cal being big favoriteS, they're really due for a win. Overdue even. We just got one.

I don't pretend to understand how gambling lines are initially set, but that's how my fan logic sees it.

Of course, I hope Cal is even more overdue a week from now.

They've got a gimme coming on November 6th when they head to Tucson. Speaking of Holy Unders, Batman.
Yeah if the offense is competent enough to win this game, I think it could mean they may have found something that makes it click to become at least serviceable, at which point they have a chance against UW and OSU.
I wouldn't rule out Oregon beating them twice. Frankly, that game couldn't have gone better for us than it did.

I wouldn't rule out Oregon beating them twice. Frankly, that game couldn't have gone better for us than it did.
That happened to us with the aTm game. Not that we would have beaten Minnesota, but the team was emotionally dead for that one and didn't even compete. Let's hope that this week is Cal's "Minnesota game".

They've got a gimme coming on November 6th when they head to Tucson. Speaking of Holy Unders, Batman.

The “Texas A&M effect”?

Cal is not a bad team, even though they have just one win.

They played pretty much everybody tight, except wazzu, and the Nevada loss is hard to figure.

They score, averaging 23 pts. a game, but they also give up 27 a game on D.

CU's 17 ppg offense is going to have to crank it up. If the D can hold Cal to a relatively low scoring game (i.e. 17 pts. or less) the Buffs have a shot.

OTOH, Cal played Oregon tight last week. They are getting better, and this one is at Berkeley.

This is a good barometer. Lose and the Buffs are probably #11 in the P12, win and maybe they can bump off somebody else and get to a 4-5 win season.

The last time we had a game that was supposed to be a “good barometer” it was against Minnesota. So, yeah, this should be a good barometer, I just don’t think the barometric pressure is going to be anywhere close to what we would like it to be.

The last time we had a game that was supposed to be a “good barometer” it was against Minnesota. So, yeah, this should be a good barometer, I just don’t think the barometric pressure is going to be anywhere close to what we would like it to be.
Minny was a good barometer. It showed us CU was not on par with a middling B1G team. Actually, it showed us a middling B1G team would curb stomp CU.

This one will show us whether CU is in the P12 basement with AZ, or a little above that.

Yeah the lack of RB usage in the passing game is awful
Yeah, I think partly because the oline can't sustain blocks long enough that pretty much cancels out the RB screen game. However, I am dumb founded why we don't see any swing routes to both Bru and Smith. That is such an easy set up and play, whether it is successful or not, and keeps the defense on their heels so they aren't biting down on the underneath routes.

On a side note, I did like the balance of stretch plays (quick screens, jet sweeps, etc.). We need those plays to open some of the passing game down the middle.

Thow more to the backs out of the backfield. CU need to pass to setup the run. Also need to go no hurdle, play faster.

A little annoying that Shenault is still being held out. Guess that's what you get when the emphasis is place on teaching and raising men rather than winning.

Back