What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

My list
1. Herman
2. Bronco
3. Grimes
4. Lebby, Dunn, P5 successful OC/QB that has put a QB or 2 in the NFL in the past 2-3 years. This is a must if we go #4 route.

I can’t see Wisconsin pulling the plug on Chryst. He’s one of their own and has won there.I think he gets one more season
Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

youth movement:
HC: Wilson
OC: Marion

I don't know if they would win big, but I think they'd go to bowl games and the team would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Wisconsin can't accept what they are in the NLI era. This will effect them the same way Pelini's firing killed Nebraska. They're never going to recruit well enough to be a legit contender. Accept your 8 win seasons and be grateful.
The NIL era that’s all of about 18 months old? Wisconsin’s struggles have not been due to NIL

Wisconsin can't accept what they are in the NLI era. This will effect them the same way Pelini's firing killed Nebraska. They're never going to recruit well enough to be a legit contender. Accept your 8 win seasons and be grateful.
affect*

How big a pipe dream is Matt Rhule and is it worth rooting against the Panthers so he gets fired as soon as possible?

I totally believe he'll be available, I am just not sure he'll entertain CU.

He has another 4 years left on a 7 year, 62m contract in the NFL so I am sure that finances could be worked out.
He already rebuilt my other institution that I attended... maybe I will just go ask him to rebuild this institution.....

After about 6 coaching searches since Gary Barnett left, I am ready to finally look at Dave Logan.:notworthy:
I aint from Colorado so I don't even know who Logan is. I have heard his name on here since this boards inception! He was even discussed on netbuffs and the old CU message board site from 1996!

Dennis Dodd calls CU "about the perfect fit" for Bronco Mendenhall. Top name on his list. Troy Calhoun #2. Make of that what you will.
Troy Calhoun is one of the least inspiring names out there. Solid coach with zero (known) recruiting chops and a gimmicky offense at a service academy doesn’t sound like a recipe for success. So of course I expect him to be a finalist.

I got a few negative comments about my Dave Logan post.... either you are Dave Logan, or you don't understand sarcasm. If you are Dave Logan, I am sure you are a nice person but your name has been on this board more than Mark Mackley.

In my world, Dave Logan = Greg Downer. Most of you wouldn't know who Greg Downer is, but my guess is that the 2 of them are very similar. They just were never interested in coaching at a higher level than High School.

CU had better evaluate its own house before beginning a search. We need to make the necessary changes that will take the handcuffs off of recruiting. The administration needs to make CU an attractive gig. Why would even a hot commodity dynamic young coordinator take a job in which it would be hard to succeed?

Last edited:
Very arrogant, know it all kind of guy that took off for the NFL and has flopped. Obviously would be better in College, just not my kind of guy. The dynamic between him and FHCMM on the Coaches National Championship Telecast was priceless and was the biggest dyck wagging contest ever. Just want to see a different kind of guy come in here. Plus, we all hate Baylor anyway

Troy Calhoun is one of the least inspiring names out there. Solid coach with zero (known) recruiting chops and a gimmicky offense at a service academy doesn’t sound like a recipe for success. So of course I expect him to be a finalist.
I like Calhoun a lot more than you do lol. I'd put him in the same sphere almost as Bronco Mendenhall. They're both good coaches. They're probably Gary Barnett type results at CU-bowls most years. Maybe a conference title. That's fine.

Tom Herman's my number one candidate though and its not close. He could do something really special here.

CU had better evaluate its own house before beginning a search. We need to make the necessary changes that will take the handcuffs off of recruiting. The administration needs to CU an attractive gig. Why would even a hot commodity dynamic young coordinator take a job in which it would be hard to succeed?
This. 1000x this.

Back