What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Oregon Pregame/Game Thread

fall fail GIF

We all want this to be true but it’s not. Some are not buying in. Rice said it. When that happen, effort lags. Human nature.
Maybe it’s because he doesn’t want to take responsibility for himself. I know one of the kids y’all keep talking **** about personally and I can tell you that kid is out there busting his ass and doing the best he can every day. I welcome any of you to put in the effort it takes to make the team and be a starter on that offensive line. As far as not buying in, how do you “buy in” when you’re a 1-4 team, have offensive momentum and your coach decides to kick a field goal on 4th and goal? Your coach isn’t “buying in”. Enjoy your keyboard wisdom, but trust me, these kids take these losses to heart. For Rice to say his teammates aren’t buying in kinda says a lot about his character and thoughts of his own teammates.

Maybe it’s because he doesn’t want to take responsibility for himself. I know one of the kids y’all keep talking **** about personally and I can tell you that kid is out there busting his ass and doing the best he can every day. I welcome any of you to put in the effort it takes to make the team and be a starter on that offensive line. As far as not buying in, how do you “buy in” when you’re a 1-4 team, have offensive momentum and your coach decides to kick a field goal on 4th and goal? Your coach isn’t “buying in”. Enjoy your keyboard wisdom, but trust me, these kids take these losses to heart. For Rice to say his teammates aren’t buying in kinda says a lot about his character and thoughts of his own teammates.
Rice didn't say anything inappropriate. He didn't call out specific teammates, that I saw. Not sure why you think that says a lot about his character.

I see Coach Rod is using his new found free time productively...

CU should approach the game with aspect of playing time for all. Let everyone play. Some deserve to play after being on this ****ty team for 3 or more years while others need experience. Some of these kids came here for the opportunity to play the " oregons" of college football, let em.

Berger sure is a:
spongebob squarepants love GIF

Unfortunately, trying hard isn’t good enough at this level and public criticism comes with the territory of playing P5 football.

If you think insulting young men who are out there doing their best is par for the course, maybe you need to take a look at yourself and see what you’re compensating for.

Was Rice wrong? Do you think they are all buying in?

Is Clayton?

Is the OL after being “uncoached” about Kap techniques by Rod?

If LaVontae?

I’m glad the player you know is busting his tail. That shows a lot.

But I’ll not call our Rice - not jump to conclusions about him - because he spoke out.

Do you have info that supports your assertions about Rice?

If you think insulting young men who are out there doing their best is par for the course, maybe you need to take a look at yourself and see what you’re compensating for.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anyone insulting the players. The vast majority of posts have essentially said how it's unfair to the players for them to have to be coached by coaches who were not and are not qualified for the job they were handed. This is especially true of the offensive line where the "harshest" comments about the players are essentially "I don't understand how the line play can be this bad, it's basically the same guys as the last couple of years who were at least competent." You'll also see plenty of comments that state that the next few years are going to be especially bad because at least this year's team has talent.

You asked above how can a player be fired up and bought in when the team is 1-4, driving with momentum, and the coach decides to kick a FG . We agree! The coaching sucks ass. The administration sucks ass. The players deserve better.

I like how a few mildly humorous comments about Wiley inevitably getting torched by the best edge rusher in the country and top 5 draft pick is "talking ****". I guess we've reached the point in the season when player parents start coming around to defend their kids.
STOP INSULTING THE PLAYERS

I like how a few mildly humorous comments about Wiley inevitably getting torched by the best edge rusher in the country and top 5 draft pick is "talking ****". I guess we've reached the point in the season when player parents start coming around to defend their kids.
He’s number one on McShay’s mid season draft board. Thibodeaux, that is...in case anyone might be confused here.

Nope. But you think this doesn’t effect these kids when you put them down? The best thing you have in life is to make some 20 year old kid feel bad? If it was a one and done kind of situation, that would be fine. But it’s constant comments some of you put out there that need to be called out. These kids put in a lot of hard work and make a lot of sacrifices to be insulted by a bunch of armchair quarterbacks who probably peaked in 7th grade.

Back