What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official The Mighty Bears of The University of Northern Colorado game thread

Ringer

OK, with today's announcement of times for the first three games, I snagged a cheap $195 RT Orange County/ Denver flight (on Labor Day Weekend!) to see the first public game at Folsom in what seems like forever, against those pesky Bears. Stoked. My question concerns tickets. I've read all the usual sources, and know that single game tickets don't go on sale to the general public until July 7. Does anyone in the AllBuffs brain trust have any information concerning whether Folsom will likely be at full-ish capacity by early September? Thank you in advance for your thoughtful replies.

OK, with today's announcement of times for the first three games, I snagged a cheap $195 RT Orange County/ Denver flight (on Labor Day Weekend!) to see the first public game at Folsom in what seems like forever, against those pesky Bears. Stoked. My question concerns tickets. I've read all the usual sources, and know that single game tickets don't go on sale to the general public until July 7. Does anyone in the AllBuffs brain trust have any information concerning whether Folsom will likely be at full-ish capacity by early September? Thank you in advance for your thoughtful replies.
They expect Coors Field to be at full capacity for the all star game, so, unless Boulder goes off the deep end (always possible), Folsom should be the same in September.

CU notoriously does not draw well for inferior opponents.

You should be fine, but I understand your trepidation until all factors are 100% resolved.

Go Buffs!

They expect Coors Field to be at full capacity for the all star game, so, unless Boulder goes off the deep end (always possible), Folsom should be the same in September.

CU notoriously does not draw well for inferior opponents.

You should be fine, but I understand your trepidation until all factors are 100% resolved.

Go Buffs!
this. tickets won't be a problem for this game.

In Rick George's last message he mentioned that he expects full capacity by the fall.

UPDATE---Today I secured very reasonably-priced lodging at the venerable Rodeway Inn-Boulder Broker establishment, just across the street from Willville and directly adjacent to Cosmo's Pizza and Dark Horse. I also got me my game ticket to Folsom for 9/3. Very stoked. It's a night game on Friday and the first home game where fans can attend since the Buffs' 11/23/19 victory over Washington (remember that?). I'm thinking that student interest in pregaming and attending could be quite high for this one, no matter the opponent.

UPDATE---Today I secured very reasonably-priced lodging at the venerable Rodeway Inn-Boulder Broker establishment, just across the street from Willville and directly adjacent to Cosmo's Pizza and Dark Horse. I also got me my game ticket to Folsom for 9/3. Very stoked. It's a night game on Friday and the first home game where fans can attend since the Buffs' 11/23/19 victory over Washington (remember that?). I'm thinking that student interest in pregaming and attending could be quite high for this one, no matter the opponent.
I hope you're right.

However, my perception is that student interest in CU football is so low, that the reported attendance is <40k (that 2019 UW game had 44.6k in reported attendance).

I love CU football. I wish a few more of the students and alumni did as well.

I hope you're right.

However, my perception is that student interest in CU football is so low, that the reported attendance is <40k (that 2019 UW game had 44.6k in reported attendance).

Just bought sets of tickets to three games this fall. Looking forward to making three trips to Boulder!

I hope you're right.

It'll be a Friday night game with no football the year before. Students will show regardless of opponent

It'll be a Friday night game with no football the year before. Students will show regardless of opponent
This. I think this'll be a fairly good crowd considering the opponent-maybe 42-43k? No students last year with an FCS fanbase that seemed to show well the last time they played at Folsom.

This is McCaffrey's debut-so I expect to be up 21-0 after 1.

Any chance you can cancel and get a refund?
The Rodeway Broker is a total **** hole.

Might be the worst hotel in Boulder.

FYI- below is the kind of clientele who stay there these days.

Yeah agree with you @InTheBuff. If I'm coming in for a game, I'd rather stay in Golden or Arvada than at Boulder's version of the Bates Motel.

It's a good place to get 90% dead and then wiped, though.

Last edited:

I've stayed there a few times. I wouldn't say it is the worst hotel in Boulder but it is a hell of a long way from good.

I like it for the proximity to the Dark Horse and the stadium. However, I've found I can accomplish that with the Best Western across the street, which is MUCH nicer.

Yeah agree with you @InTheBuff. If I'm coming in for a game, I'd rather stay in Golden or Arvada than at Boulder's version of the Bates Motel.
Hell no, I'm still staying at the Rodeway/Broker. I certainly can afford much more, but all I want is an inexpensive, relatively clean room to lay my head that is within easy walking distance of campus, a liquor store, a variety of food, and the bus stop for the $11 ride directly from and to the airport. This fits the bill perfectly. They even have a mini Buffs museum in the lobby!

Hell no, I'm still staying at the Rodeway/Broker. I certainly can afford much more, but all I want is an inexpensive, relatively clean room to lay my head that is within easy walking distance of campus, a liquor store, a variety of food, and the bus stop for the $11 ride directly from and to the airport. This fits the bill perfectly. They even have a mini Buffs museum in the lobby!
The Bus Stop closed but I’m sure the Rodeway/Broker can still hook you up with a couple $11 rides, though.

It did not, you jokester, you....
He was talking about the strip club. It was a prostitution double entendre. The menage trois will cost $23.

I've stayed there a few times. I wouldn't say it is the worst hotel in Boulder but it is a hell of a long way from good.

I like it for the proximity to the Dark Horse and the stadium. However, I've found I can accomplish that with the Best Western across the street, which is MUCH nicer.

Best Western gets much, much better reviews.
Bonus points if someone can tell me what hotel chain (they aren't a company any longer) that used to be in this spot way back in the 1970s.

I stayed at the Rodeway for ~3 weeks as a student after the flood in 2013. Got the last room in the building, which absolutely reeked of old seafood the entire time (insert prostitution joke). Checked every inch of that room every day and couldn't find anything. Good times.

it must have been.....

wait for it.....

You (BL)
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Best Western gets much, much better reviews.
Bonus points if someone can tell me what hotel chain (they aren't a company any longer) that used to be in this spot way back in the 1970s.
I'll agree that the Best Western is better, if only for its breakfast buffet. If the price was the same, I would stay there. I do like to be able to stumble through the parking lot of the Broker for a huge Cosmos slice at midnight, though.

Back