What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon and Oregon State games both POSTPONED

I need to be entertained at all costs. It's pathetic that the university and doctors are putting the interest of player's health above my need to watch the damn games.
Says a dude who watches kids take headshots and work their way toward CTE every Saturday. Get off the high horse.

What percentage of these college athletes who have no preexisting conditions and are vaccinated will ever develop anything beyond minor symptoms, if that? They’re way more likely to tear their ACL.

These regulations are starting to have more of a negative impact on these athletes, both professional and amateur, than Covid ever could.

Says a dude who watches kids take headshots and work their way toward CTE every Saturday. Get off the high horse.

What percentage of these college athletes who have no preexisting conditions and are vaccinated will ever develop anything beyond minor symptoms, if that? They’re way more likely to tear their ACL.

These regulations are starting to have more of a negative impact on these athletes, both professional and amateur, than Covid ever could.
Yes, missing 3 games in a college basketball season is far more impactful than COVID could possibly be.

Yes, missing 3 games in a college basketball season is far more impactful than COVID could possibly be.
For young student athletes, yes.

Again, what percentage of young vaccinated people, with no pre existing conditions are getting sick?

I bet every single player on the team would choose to play if it were up to them.

For young student athletes, yes.

Again, what percentage of young vaccinated people, with no pre existing conditions are getting sick?

I bet every single player on the team would choose to play if it were up to them.
How is missing three basketball games any sort of injury? And there is not 0 risk to the players.

Still amazing that some people can't grasp that young people who are sick can infect others who are more likely to get sick, and that the risk is not purely personal.

Let's hope Omicron really isn't as bad as delta, however. Rather miss a few sporting events to be safe. They don't really matter compared to the cost to those affected by COVID.

Um, I don't watch football. I have no interest in the sport and haven't for many years.

How is missing three basketball games any sort of injury? And there is not 0 risk to the players.

Still amazing that some people can't grasp that young people who are sick can infect others who are more likely to get sick, and that the risk is not purely personal.

Let's hope Omicron really isn't as bad as delta, however. Rather miss a few sporting events to be safe. They don't really matter compared to the cost to those affected by COVID.
Ask Jabari or other NBA prospects if it’s impactful to have marquee games canceled.

So that is your bar, zero risk? Better just shutdown the season then.

Aww, someone got his feelings hurt. There are some folks on this board who are here for basketball, not football. Must be difficult for you.
Ha, no hurt feelings, I just find amusing and annoying that some of you believe making these choices for fully vaccinated, young and healthy adults is somehow beneficial.

It’s insulting to these players that you believe they’re not capable of making their own informed decisions.

Ha, no hurt feelings, I just find amusing and annoying that some of you believe making these choices for fully vaccinated, young and healthy adults is somehow beneficial.

It’s insulting to these players that you believe they’re not capable of making their own informed decisions.
You ignored the part about how the risk isn't just to the players themselves. Everyone quarantines when sick with COVID. Cause to do otherwise would be to be a true, selfish, asshole. That makes it hard to play team sports.

Ignoring that point to white knight about forcing the players to not play is bad faith Gary.

The 0 % risk knock is also not something I argued for, so, red herring there.

Have you spoken with these players, or are you making **** up?

You ignored the part about how the risk isn't just to the players themselves. Everyone quarantines when sick with COVID. Cause to do otherwise would be to be a true, selfish, asshole. That makes it hard to play team sports.

Ignoring that point to white knight about forcing the players to not play is bad faith Gary.

The 0 % risk knock is also not something I argued for, so, red herring there.

Have you spoken with these players, or are you making **** up?
Bad faith?

It’s just funny to me that you, me, and everyone else on the board has the option to head to the gym, concerts, restaurants, and cram ourselves into sports stadiums, not having any clue if someone around us is positive and then just go live our lives. But we don’t afford these kids the same right. Nope, call them names like selfish assholes and wait for our next happy hour at a packed bar to get some semblance of normalcy.

Bad faith, indeed.

Bad faith?

It’s just funny to me that you, me, and everyone else on the board has the option to head to the gym, concerts, restaurants, and cram ourselves into sports stadiums, not having any clue if someone around us is positive and then just go live our lives. But we don’t afford these kids the same right. Nope, call them names like selfish assholes and wait for our next happy hour at a packed bar.

Bad faith, indeed.
This is a great example indeed. I did not call any of the players selfish assholes. To suggest otherwise is an interesting choice.

Side note: Are you suggesting someone who knows they have COVID who doesn't quarantine does not deserve that label?

The CU players are positive with symptoms or have been directly exposed. Are you unaware of that or just making stuff up to fit your strange argument that people with COVID should go interact with people who don't?

This is a great example indeed. I did not call any of the players selfish assholes. To suggest otherwise is an interesting choice.

Side note: Are you suggesting someone who knows they have COVID who doesn't quarantine does not deserve that label?

The CU players are positive with symptoms or have been directly exposed. Are you unaware of that or just making stuff up to fit your strange argument that people with COVID should go interact with people who don't?
Reread my original post- any asymptomatic and fully vaccinated players should be able to make their own decisions. I put that right in there. Obviously symptomatic and positive players should sit.

The testing is a completely separate argument. IMO, they should only be testing symptomatic players.

Reread my original post- any asymptomatic and fully vaccinated players should be able to make their own decisions. I put that right in there. Obviously symptomatic and positive players should sit.

The testing is a completely separate argument. IMO, they should only be testing symptomatic players.
You only test vaccinated players if they are symptomatic. Then they have to test everyone who has been in contact with those players. That's how the Kansas cancellation happened. We had enough to play until the 2d round of testing.

I do think we need to figure out a long term strategy of living with this that doesn’t include cancelling or postponing everything. The inconsistency of rules/protocols across sports leagues, cities, states, regions, etc is making a lot of these rules pure theater

I do think we need to figure out a long term strategy of living with this that doesn’t include cancelling or postponing everything. The inconsistency of rules/protocols across sports leagues, cities, states, regions, etc is making a lot of these rules pure theater
I think the prevalence of Omicron and how it's ripping through the vaccinated population too is going to change things. Hopefully this really does turn into the cold. Just too early to tell. I bet things are very different by the fall.

We do, but what are you supposed to do If teams don't have enough players to play?

I feel like we are missing the most important thing.
Hokie might get banned for getting around the censors. Much more interesting topic for debate.

We do, but what are you supposed to do If teams don't have enough players to play?
Well, part of the long term strategy is figuring out protocols where players aren’t being forced to sit out when they are vaccinated and boosted, and also asymptomatic. My point is, we are eventually going to have to treat it like any other sickness/flu where a player who doesn’t feel well and is exuding symptoms, doesn’t play.

Back