What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread Nov. 13th-14th

CarolinaBuff

Club Member
Club Member

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13​

7:00 PMIowa @ MinnesotaFS1Aaron Goldsmith, Brady Quinn
7:00 PMFlorida Atlantic @ Florida InternationalCBSSNJohn Sadak, Randy Cross
7:30 PMEast Carolina @ 7 CincinnatiESPN2Jason Benetti, Andre Ware

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14​

grid11.png

12:00 PM10 Indiana @ Michigan StateABCDave Pasch, Greg McElroy
12:00 PMTCU @ West VirginiaFOXJoe Davis, Mark Helfrich
12:00 PM9 Miami @ Virginia TechESPNRoy Philpott, Kelly Stouffer
12:00 PM15 Coastal Carolina @ TroyPOSTPONED
12:00 PMArmy @ TulaneESPN2Joel Meyers, Brian Kinchen
12:00 PMPenn State @ NebraskaFS1Brian Custer, Robert Smith
12:00 PMWestern Carolina @ 22 LibertyESPNUMatt Warner, Joe Jauch
12:00 PMVanderbilt @ KentuckySECNDave Neal, DJ Shockley
12:00 PMWake Forest @ North CarolinaACCNDave O'Brien, Tim Hasselbeck
12:00 PMMiddle Tennessee @ 16 MarshallCBSSNCarter Blackburn, Aaron Taylor
1:00 PMIllinois @ RutgersBTNLisa Byington, J Leman
2:00 PMSouth Alabama @ 25 ULLESPN+Dan McDonald, Chris Lanaux
2:30 PMFresno State @ Utah StateFS2Kevin Fitzgerald, Evan Moore
2:30 PMGeorgia State @ Appalachian StateESPN3
3:00 PMNorth Texas @ UABPOSTPONED
3:00 PMUTEP @ UTSAESPN+
3:30 PM2 Notre Dame @ Boston CollegeABCSean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, Todd McShay
3:30 PM20 USC @ ArizonaFOXGus Johnson, Joel Klatt
3:30 PMColorado @ StanfordESPNBeth Mowins, Rod Gilmore
3:30 PMSouth Florida @ HoustonESPN2David Saltzman, Stan Routt
3:30 PMLouisville @ VirginiaACCNChris Cotter, Mark Herzlich
3:30 PMSouthern Mississippi @ Western KentuckyCBSSNDave Ryan, Corey Chavous
3:30 PMRice @ Louisiana TechPOSTPONED
3:30 PMTexas State @ Georgia SouthernESPN3
4:00 PMBaylor @ Texas TechFS1Eric Collins, Ben Leber
4:00 PMHawai'i @ San Diego StateHawaii PPV
5:00 PM23 Northwestern @ PurdueBTNCory Provus, Anthony Herron
6:30 PMNevada @ New MexicoFS2Anthony LaPanta, Ron Johnson
7:00 PM11 Oregon @ Washington StateFOXTim Brando, Spencer Tillman
7:00 PMArkansas @ 6 FloridaESPNBob Wischusen, Dan Orlovsky
7:00 PM19 Southern Methodist @ TulsaESPN2Anish Shroff, Tom Luginbill
7:00 PMPittsburgh @ Georgia TechPOSTPONED
7:30 PM13 Wisconsin @ MichiganABCChris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit
7:30 PMTemple @ Central FloridaESPNUMike Corey, Hutson Mason
7:30 PMSouth Carolina @ Ole MissSECNTom Hart, Jordan Rodgers, Cole Cubelic
7:30 PMFlorida State @ N.C. StateACCNWes Durham, Roddy Jones
10:30 PMUtah @ UCLACANCELLED
10:30 PMCalifornia @ Arizona StateCANCELLED
10:30 PMUNLV @ San Jose StateFS2Guy Haberman, Charles Arbuckle
11:00 PMOregon State @ WashingtonFS1Alex Faust, Petros Papadakis

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15​

12:00 PMCalifornia @ UCLAFS1Aaron Goldsmith, Brady Quinn

I wonder how many bullets Minnesota has dodged tonight with all those turnovers and be down just 14-0 with 30 seconds before halftime.

Saturday November 14th, 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of the Marshall plane crash when the team was flying home from a game at East Carolina. Marshall is playing at home against Middle Tennessee tomorrow

Cool video right up until the end when they straight up copied our old ralphie logo. You can't just flip it the other way.
1605320533249.png
1605320593168.png

Good lawd, Minny is awful and yet still in the game. Leave it to Coach Kirk and the Hawkeyes to F this up:mad:
Another stunning exhibition of dynamic B1G offensive prowess.

Minny does manage to drive the length of the field only to have a short FG try go sideways. Not to be outdone Iowa responds with a TD but their special teams can't even get the ball down for the XP try.

Cool video right up until the end when they straight up copied our old ralphie logo. You can't just flip it the other way.
View attachment 41054
View attachment 41055

Ask yourself why Georgia & Grambling State and high schools can use the Green Bay "G" logo. I went to Gallaudet University in DC (Deaf college) that also used a similar logo to the Ralphie logo on some apparel before coming up with their own bison logo. I was like WTF when I saw those CU-like logos. Perhaps licensing agreements or that was before colleges started cracking down on uses like that.

Bush league of Kirk Frentez to challenge a completion while up 35-0 with 1:12 to go in the 4Q.

Iowa up 28-0...the boats got sunk in Minnesota.
Minnesota football, sponsored by MyPillow!

Strange year but Minnesota will be fine. Nothing wrong with them that a game against the fuskers wouldn't fix.

Nothing. They expect to violate ****er whenever they play them.

****er may beat Minnesota though.
They aren't playing up to it but Minnesota has some talent.
Frosting and the red cupcakes have a talent for losing.
Gophers should get a win should they play.

I was prepared to be angry but apparently that logo debuted for them in 1971.
Much better. I tried to find it but couldn't that one. They still copied it but in an age where it was accepted. Interesting note CU teams were sometimes call the Thundering Herd way back in the 30's.

1934?The school nickname and mascot is officially designated “Buffaloes.” The Silver & Gold newspaper sponsored a contest, as the school had no steadfast nickname or symbol; other newspapers at the time picked up the story and entries were coming in from all over the nation. Teams were often called the Silver and Gold, Silver Helmets, Yellow Jackets, Hornets, Arapahoes, Big Horns, Grizzlies and Frontiersmen. Boulder resident Andrew Dickson submitted the winning entry. Golden Buffaloes also emerges as a reference, along with the Thundering Herd.

1940s?The logo that appeared more than anything else was quite detailed, and virtually disappeared from most publications by the early 1950s. However, the logo was a popular automobile decal sold by the campus bookstore up until the introduction of a standard campus-wide logo adopted in 1981 (see below).

I think GameDay is great today. Sure it's different today but this is a very unique opportunity with the Masters being in the fall. Plus there's very few headliner games today so it worked out perfectly.

Much better. I tried to find it but couldn't that one. They still copied it but in an age where it was accepted. Interesting note CU teams were sometimes call the Thundering Herd way back in the 30's.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they chose "Buffaloes", but I always thought "Frontiersmen" was a badass mascot.

The weird part of Gameday talking about the Masters is CBS has all the weekend coverage, not ESPN. Those guys typically try to pretend nothing exists outside of the networks they control unless it is totally impossible.

Getting people to pay attention to the Master's today will take eyes away from their broadcasts.

I'm actually very surprised.

You say, "Less golf as the show goes on" as if it's a good thing. I agree. But if we take that to its logical conclusion, no golf = the best show possible.
No opinion on whether less golf is good or bad. It just is. I’m enjoying it.

Back