What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - MBB & WBB

Vermont gave UVA all it wanted. They could be one of those 13 or 14 seeds that screw up a bracket this season.

E Tennessee St also had a chance for an upset as they were only down 5 with 5:30 left.
South Carolina lost to Boston University
Northwestern lost to Radford

Tech notches another W to improve to 5-0. My expectations have been exceeded so far.

But next two games are #3 Michigan State (in Hawaii) and home vs #1 Duke.

Dayton is working Georgia right now in Hawaii. Up 17 in the first half. Most likely they play Michigan State next. That will be a tough game in Chicago but great for the NET rankings either way.

Dayton is working Georgia right now in Hawaii. Up 17 in the first half. Most likely they play Michigan State next. That will be a tough game in Chicago but great for the NET rankings either way.
Dayton is good this year. Gonna be a great matchup for us.

Holy shi̇́t.

@ahoelsken , either
a) you know more about college hoops than maybe anyone in CO
or
b) you were trying to make me feel good and got dumb-lucky
or
c) you just randomly knew something about this Young guy

but hell, yeah!!!!!! I'm riding this high as long as it lasts!!!!!

Holy shi̇́t.

@ahoelsken , either
or
or

Ohhhh I just saw enough of his Wofford teams to tell he could flat coach! That's a hell of a win for Virginia Tech today-congrats Hokie!

Vermont gave UVA all it wanted. They could be one of those 13 or 14 seeds that screw up a bracket this season.

We had a team like that in last week-Irvine went to Fort Worth and took TCU to the buzzer. Clemson tomorrow's a good thing-TCU's probably the better team, but Clemson will have more chances at quality Ws in the ACC than TCU does in the Big 12

Holy shi̇́t.

@ahoelsken , either
or
or

Not saying @ahoelsken doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he’s a pretty good contributor on the basketball boards, but Wofford won 30 games last year and was ranked for much of the year, and had Kentucky in the ropes in the second round.
Really nice win for the Hokies.

UCLA looks like crap. But Mick Cronin is going to make them a grind house to play against and games against them will not be pleasant.

UCLA looks like crap. But Mick Cronin is going to make them a grind house to play against and games against them will not be pleasant.
Haws is 40 isn’t he? Gotta be. At any rate, the 40 year old bald guy killed UCLA. Walton said “Haws is of the same species as Joker.” :LOL:

SFA wins on a buzzer beater transition layup against the Dukies

Honestly not that surprised. Duke was a place holder at #1 because no one has really proven themselves a top team at this point.

Not saying Duke is some dominant monster. But this is a VERY surprising loss.

Not saying Duke is some dominant monster. But this is a VERY surprising loss.

Duke is very lucky to not have at least one, if not two losses. Kansas is much better than them. I'm not reading into any of the RPI's or NET rankings at this point. SFA always fields a very good team, and Duke was prime for a loss.

Duke is very lucky to not have at least one, if not two losses. Kansas is much better than them. I'm not reading into any of the RPI's or NET rankings at this point. SFA always fields a very good team, and Duke was prime for a loss.
Kansas is not much better than them. Considering that Duke already beat them. I know that was a weird game, the first game of the year is nowhere near definitive on who’s going to be better come March, but come on man. SFA was 28 point dogs. This is a massive upset.

Kansas is not much better than them. Considering that Duke already beat them. I know that was a weird game, the first game of the year is nowhere near definitive on who’s going to be better come March, but come on man. SFA was 28 point dogs. This is a massive upset.
The bookmakers did a bad job on this one. GTown and Georgia State gave Duke all they wanted. SFA is a team that perennially wins 25+ games, and they probably will again this year. It's only surprising if you bought the hype around Duke. A close game shouldn't have been a surprise, and if it's a close game, a loss shouldn't be a surprise.

The bookmakers did a bad job on this one. GTown and Georgia State gave Duke all they wanted. SFA is a team that perennially wins 25+ games, and they probably will again this year. It's only surprising if you bought the hype around Duke. A close game shouldn't have been a surprise, and if it's a close game, a loss shouldn't be a surprise.
**** man, should have told us all this before the game so we could bet and get rich.

**** man, should have told us all this before the game so we could bet and get rich.
If I'd have known the line, I'd have put money on the game, but I don't follow sports betting. I just knew I was happy earlier today when I saw Duke was playing SFA because I knew they'd get all they wanted.

Brad Underwood has been gone for a couple of years and this team was 14-16 last year. Lost to Rutgers by 12.

Back