What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread Week 4: Nov 28 - Dec 4

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
A lot of the early season tourneys have wrapped up, so most days won't be as loaded this week as last.

ACC/B1G Challenge going on, so we do get Minnesota @ VA Tech tonight.

End of the night could be a good one with Sam Houston (6-0) @ Nevada (6-1).

What's the call in this scenario?

Assume clock never stops until the end.

• Team A makes a basket
  • Team B player grabs the ball, but never steps OOB.
  • B player just pushes it up the floor, either because of a brain fart or maybe trying to get the ball down court before Team A is set defensively.

Delay of game?

I think VT is good enough to repeat as champs in a weak ACC.

What's the call in this scenario?

Assume clock never stops until the end.

• Team A makes a basket
  • Team B player grabs the ball, but never steps OOB.
  • B player just pushes it up the floor, either because of a brain fart or maybe trying to get the ball down court before Team A is set defensively.

Delay of game?
Rule 9.2.5 - should be an immediate violation. Did this actually happen? What'd they call?

What a night of college hoops.

Double OT of PSU-Clemson. (UC won)
UVA wins at Michigan by 2. Tight the whole way.
#6 Baylor got destroyed at Marquette. 😁

And if you were lucky enough to catch it, Charlotte's OT win at Davidson is one of the games of the year. What a finish. Down 1, miss both FTs, scramble, wide open look back rims, scramble, buzzer beater 3.

I thought Cal would be improved. Not good, but improved. And with Louisville, that's shameful for an elite program.
Yeah, I don't think Louisville can call themselves an elite program.

3 natties & 10 final 4s, man.

After the big 5 of UK, UNC, KU, UCLA and Duke (which I'd call the super elites), Louisville is right in that elite group of UConn, MSU, Indiana, Arizona. Maybe at the top of that group.
historically elite? no doubt.

I may have been overly focused on your use of present tense.

Syracuse also got destroyed by Illinois. Wonder what happens if Boeheim has another losing season this year. Does he get pushed into retirement earlier than he wants?

Syracuse also got destroyed by Illinois. Wonder what happens if Boeheim has another losing season this year. Does he get pushed into retirement earlier than he wants?
He is Syracuse basketball. He's there as long as he wants to be.

it does seem like he's been coasting for a while now.

rewatching the VT game from Monday. Justyn Mutts current has two different Bachelor degrees and two different Master degrees and is working on a 3rd MS.

not sure, but that could be some kind of record.

Indiana might be on its way back. Mike Woodson has them well coached (looks like Hoosiers hoops again) and the talent looks pretty high.

Top 10 class for their freshman, 2 more 4*s coming next year, and he got the state rallied behind the program - there were 4 D1 bball grad transfer players from the state of IN in last year's portal and all of them came home to IU. Something big looks to me like it's building.

Last edited:
I thought Cal would be improved. Not good, but improved. And with Louisville, that's shameful for an elite program.
I've only seen bits and pieces of Louisville games. What isn't their problem or is it across the board?

I'm not. It's college basketball. Early road/neutral games are tough.
People forget they were 24-9 heading into the tourney but just extremely hot at the end of the year when forced into basically a 6 man rotation. For reference buffs were 21-11 at the end of regular season so only two more losses.

Similar to UCLA in the 2021 tourney when they got hot at the right time made final 4, returned most everybody, rated top 3 in preseason and still had a really good year (sweet 16 and 25-7 before tourney) but not great year.

Same will happen for North Carolina. There will be a similar team next year. The losses were to Bama, Iowa State, and Indiana 3 top 25 teams. They will be fine.

Tourney is such a crapshoot that every year people put way too much stock in.

Texas about to beat Creighton. Both of those teams are really good. Teams you don't want to see in the tournament.

Back