What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games week of 9/16-9/18

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Another week that includes many out of conference games, some of them should even be competitive.

Thursday gives us a likely blowout with the Ohio Bobcat kittens (0-2) visiting Louisiana (1-1) which had been ranked prior to losing to Texas this weekend.

Friday has Maryland and their clown costumes (2-0) visiting Illinois (1-2) who has been bad but still managed to beat Nebraska to open their season.

Saturday gives us some big games in the top 25 and some solid regional matches.

Florida (11) has the biggest challenge with Alabama (1) playing in Gator country.

In a rare trip out of SEC country Auburn (22) goes to Sandusky country visiting Pedo State (10.)

So far this season BYU (23) has beaten two PAC12 teams including a then ranked Utah squad last week. This week they host Arizona State (19.)

In what could be a very interesting game West Virginia (1-1) hosts a surprisingly good Virginia Tech (15.)

Midnight Mel and Michigan State are 2-0 but how good are they? This weekend may give an idea as they head to Miami (24)

A couple teams might want to duck. Tulsa is 0-2 but has played their opponents close so far, this week they are at Ohio State (9) coming off a loss. In similar fashion UNLV which hasn’t been good including losing to an FCS team. They get Iowa State (14) coming off a rivalry loss.

When you are the Miami Redhawks (0-2)and have started the season getting beat up how do you make things better? You play in the garbage game of the week against FCS CW Post (0-2) which has only been edged out this year by a combined score of 114-10. This game manages to edge out South Carolina State (0-2) visiting New Mexico State (0-3,) the loser of which I’m sure will have further opportunities for this honor this season.

Back in the days of dinosaurs and Tom Osborne when many of the fat fans in red polyester were younger some of the Oklahoma-Nebraska games were touted as the game of the century. This week the game might again be a game of the century as the Sooners (3) could probably put up 100 points on the pathetic Huskers (2-1.) It shouldn’t take Frosty and his cupcakes long to figure out that they aren’t playing Fordham or Buffalo.

One last week of mostly warm ups in the PAC this week.

USC (1-1) goes to Washington State (1-1) coming off a loss to Stanford and minus their coach, Utah (1-1) visits San Diego State (2-0) Oregon challenges themselves with the mighty Seawolves of Stonybrook (1-1).

Closer to home Air Force (2-0) following a huge win over service academy rival Navy host Utah State (2-0.)

Wyoming also (2-0) host Ball State (1-1.) New Mexico is also undefeated (2-0) but not for long. They travel to Texas A&M (7) who will be looking for a big number after barely escaping the Buffs last week.

And then we get the poor lost Sheep. At least this week they won’t have to face the few fans they have left going on the road. CSU (0-2) visits Toledo (1-1) who gave a battle to Notre Dame before losing last week.

After talking about bowl games in the off season some CSU fans are now wondering if they will win a game this year. Fortunately for them not many people bother to notice anymore. Their message board wants to fire the Dude after 6 games, and they may be right.

Local smaller schools include Northern Colorado (1-1) who picked up a convincing win last week hosting Lamar (1-1.)

The D2 schools get deeper into their conference schedules.

CSU-Pueblo comes off two losses out of conference to traditional powers and hosts a solid Black Hills State.
Mesa opens RMAC play at New Mexico Highlands.
Mines should get an easy road victory against Fort Lewis which has already lost their two games by a combined 84 points.

Going to watch Nebraska-Oklahoma for good old Big 8 times and going to check out that new turf field UNC installed at their stadium when they play Lamar in one last game before opening Big Sky play at home against Northern Arizona. Can't rule out a 3-1 start for Eddie Mac at this point which is better than what I expected out of them.

That Bama-UF game is interesting with the QB situation at Florida. Richardson is clearly the better talent and has been the better QB thru 2 games yet Mullen is starting Jones. He says that both will play and Richardson will likely get more of the playing time in the game if his hamstring is ok, and the latest reports are saying it's doing better. The Bama defense has typically had trouble with athletic, running QB's and the the status of Will Anderson is uncertain. And how will Bryce young perform in his first true road start in a hostile environment? Look at how Card did in Fayetteville, he was clearly rattled by the environment.

Wish we had been able to watch a Wednesday night game this week. Had a itch to watch football and didn't want something off the DVR that I already know the results for.

Wish we had been able to watch a Wednesday night game this week. Had a itch to watch football and didn't want something off the DVR that I already know the results for.
In other words ... you want more MACtion! :giggle:

Auburn at PSU should be a great game. Bo Nix looked great in the first game and has been much better at not flushing out of the pocket so quickly but the competition has also been, well, bad. Tank and Hunter are a good 1-2 punch and I expect that PSU will load up and dare Nix to beat them. This will be a tremendous environment and Bo Nix hasn't performed well in big games on the road. PSU isn't exactly a scoring machine so I would expect a fairly low-scoring game here. I think Auburn has a chance and will keep it within 10 points but I think PSU will win this one.

A couple of updates on the Bama-UF game - there are now conflicting reports on Richardson's injury saying he has been pretty limited. That could just be Mullen playing games here. The weather is calling for rain in this one.

Notre Dame isn't allowing Purdue to take their giant drum on the field this weekend.

If they can't beat their drum do something better, beat Notre Dame.

Notre Dame is ranked and unbeaten but they barely slipped by a bad Florida State team then last week struggled to beat MAC member Toledo at home.

Purdue is also 2-0 but haven't really played anyone either but at least they didn't struggle.

Never a bad thing to see Notre Dame lose, this weekend it could happen.

This is the rare week I'll root for Bama because its coach is much more likable.

Auburn at PSU should be a great game. Bo Nix looked great in the first game and has been much better at not flushing out of the pocket so quickly but the competition has also been, well, bad. Tank and Hunter are a good 1-2 punch and I expect that PSU will load up and dare Nix to beat them. This will be a tremendous environment and Bo Nix hasn't performed well in big games on the road. PSU isn't exactly a scoring machine so I would expect a fairly low-scoring game here. I think Auburn has a chance and will keep it within 10 points but I think PSU will win this one.

A couple of updates on the Bama-UF game - there are now conflicting reports on Richardson's injury saying he has been pretty limited. That could just be Mullen playing games here. The weather is calling for rain in this one.

Are you betting it? Tbought about Auburn -6 and might do the under there instead.

Another week that includes many out of conference games, some of them should even be competitive.

Thursday gives us a likely blowout with the Ohio Bobcat kittens (0-2) visiting Louisiana (1-1) which had been ranked prior to losing to Texas this weekend.

Friday has Maryland and their clown costumes (2-0) visiting Illinois (1-2) who has been bad but still managed to beat ****braska to open their season.

Saturday gives us some big games in the top 25 and some solid regional matches.

Florida (11) has the biggest challenge with Alabama (1) playing in Gator country.

In a rare trip out of SEC country Auburn (22) goes to Sandusky country visiting Pedo State (10.)

So far this season BYU (23) has beaten two PAC12 teams including a then ranked Utah squad last week. This week they host Arizona State (19.)

In what could be a very interesting game West Virginia (1-1) hosts a surprisingly good Virginia Tech (15.)

Midnight Mel and Michigan State are 2-0 but how good are they? This weekend may give an idea as they head to Miami (24)

A couple teams might want to duck. Tulsa is 0-2 but has played their opponents close so far, this week they are at Ohio State (9) coming off a loss. In similar fashion UNLV which hasn’t been good including losing to an FCS team. They get Iowa State (14) coming off a rivalry loss.

When you are the Miami Redhawks (0-2)and have started the season getting beat up how do you make things better? You play in the garbage game of the week against FCS CW Post (0-2) which has only been edged out this year by a combined score of 114-10. This game manages to edge out South Carolina State (0-2) visiting New Mexico State (0-3,) the loser of which I’m sure will have further opportunities for this honor this season.

Back in the days of dinosaurs and Tom Osborne when many of the fat fans in red polyester were younger some of the Oklahoma-****braska games were touted as the game of the century. This week the game might again be a game of the century as the Sooners (3) could probably put up 100 points on the pathetic ****ers (2-1.) It shouldn’t take Frosty and his cupcakes long to figure out that they aren’t playing Fordham or Buffalo.

One last week of mostly warm ups in the PAC this week.

USC (1-1) goes to Washington State (1-1) coming off a loss to Stanford and minus their coach, Utah (1-1) visits San Diego State (2-0) Oregon challenges themselves with the mighty Seawolves of Stonybrook (1-1).

Closer to home Air Force (2-0) following a huge win over service academy rival Navy host Utah State (2-0.)

Wyoming also (2-0) host Ball State (1-1.) New Mexico is also undefeated (2-0) but not for long. They travel to Texas A&M (7) who will be looking for a big number after barely escaping the Buffs last week.

And then we get the poor lost Sheep. At least this week they won’t have to face the few fans they have left going on the road. CSU (0-2) visits Toledo (1-1) who gave a battle to Notre Dame before losing last week.

After talking about bowl games in the off season some CSU fans are now wondering if they will win a game this year. Fortunately for them not many people bother to notice anymore. Their message board wants to fire the Dude after 6 games, and they may be right.

Local smaller schools include Northern Colorado (1-1) who picked up a convincing win last week hosting Lamar (1-1.)

The D2 schools get deeper into their conference schedules.

CSU-Pueblo comes off two losses out of conference to traditional powers and hosts a solid Black Hills State.
Mesa opens RMAC play at New Mexico Highlands.
Mines should get an easy road victory against Fort Lewis which has already lost their two games by a combined 84 points.

Another masterpiece. Let's not forget about the Washington Fighting Pomeranians (FCS loss=a silly nickname for the rest of the year) taking on the fighting food carts of Arkansas State and their god-awful defense. Should be a pillow fight of EPIC proportions.

Last edited:
Idk about Louisville, I've only seen about 6 minutes of this. That QB of theirs is electric, he can throw the damn ball, too.

Talking about going from a high to a low that quickly, holy ****. I couldn't tell whether it just got into the receiver's body or the db got a hand on it. It did the worst possible thing, pop straight up to the pick 6 guy.

Back