What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our red zone offense

DrunkPanda

Isnt getting nearly enough love... i remember for the entire Mac tenure, it seemed like every time we got into the red zone, we'd have to have the perfect play called to fool the defense and score a touchdown, and more often than not we'd settle for a field goal...

But now with Tucker, it seems like we score touchdowns every time we get into the red zone. Under Mac, i used to hope we'd get a touchdown when we got in the redzone but completely expect a field goal. Now when we get into the red zone, i actually EXPECT a touchdown and am more surprised when we dont get one. Combination of great execution and great playcalls.

I dont think ive had a single "i know you are going to call this play, but you better effing not, because it wont work" followed by them *calling the very play i yelled at thdm not to* moment this season. Whereas last season it happened almost EVERY time we got into the red zone

That’s what happens when you have competent offensive line play that is big enough to move people one on one.
Thats part of it. The othee part is we dont call run up the middle for negative yards followed by run up the middle for negatove yards followed by sideways pass before field goal attempt like every time.

I just checked, we have 6 touchdowns in 8 red zone trips. That is pretty damn amazing, especially when you consider it would have been 7 touchdowns in 8 trips if refs called PI on that nub who tackled shenault before the ball got to him in OT

My only criticism is i wish they would throw the ball up to harris in the endzone more. The guy is huge and a matchup nightmare. The one time they tried it, it was a touchdown. Hopefully they go to him more in the future.

My only criticism is i wish they would throw the ball up to harris in the endzone more. The guy is huge and a matchup nightmare. The one time they tried it, it was a touchdown. Hopefully they go to him more in the future.
Him and then we haven’t seen any jump ball fades to Arias who I would think would excel at that.. have seen a couple thrown Viska’s way with one being an obvious DPI that somehow wasn’t called. **** you nebraska

Back