What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

If the human being ever does what the wolf has done with “dog evolution” we are going to have one bizarre planet. That’s for sure. You want a world of human collies and human basset hounds? That can breed with each other? At least the pet pig variations are confined to size.

Not to digress into easy or cheap Sci-fi but who’s to say that Mike Gundy isn’t the very first stage of a B12 adaptive mutant. Or that the Stanford non-revenue teams aren’t genetically enhanced cyborgs, NoCal style.

Why hire a human football HC when a smaller crew of assistant coaches could just obey an AI program? Let’s pay NIL in crypto then have it all disappear at halftime of the last game of the season.

All things for RG to discuss with Bronco M.

Last edited:
I will say that I had an employee who had an English Bullldog (Like Uga). That thing was the most miserable dog I have ever seen. It couldn’t breathe, it had all kinds of joint problems, inconsistent, etc.

It was really sad.
Some breeds make you say “What”? Just bad ideas.

No, it isn't.
Yes, it is. "Mini" pigs are a set of pig breeds with a genetic makeup that lends them towards being smaller, much akin to the artificial selection that has driven the creation of dog breeds to a much lesser degree. Given There's variability in their size, and some assholes do restrict their diets, but given normal diets their genetics still lend them towards being smaller. That is not "a genetic mutation," it's a suite of genetic changes that pushes their morphology, on average, in one direction, same as the suite of changes that accounts for dog breeds (or almost any natural speciation) if caught at an early stage in the process.

Last edited:
Yes, it is. "Mini" pigs are a set of pig breeds with a genetic makeup that lends them towards being smaller, much akin to the artificial selection that has driven the creation of dog breeds to a much lesser degree. Given There's variability in their size, and some assholes do restrict their diets, but given normal diets their genetics still lend them towards being smaller. That is not "a genetic mutation," it's a suite of genetic changes that pushes their morphology, on average, in one direction, same as the suite of changes that accounts for dog breeds (or almost any natural speciation) if caught at an early stage in the process.
Says you, Mr Fancy Pants Scientist!

At the risk of derailing the absolutely fascinating mini-pig discussion, the New York Times as an interesting deep dive into UCLA’s finances. Bottom line, their stadium football revenue ain’t cutting it, and it doesn’t look to change. They give away an astounding number of free tickets to almost every game. Their Under Armor deal was a shambles, and although they got a nice settlement, they aren’t getting the revenue they counted on. Only thing missing is s B1G deep dive

Link to article

At the risk of derailing the absolutely fascinating mini-pig discussion, the New York Times as an interesting deep dive into UCLA’s finances. Bottom line, their stadium football revenue ain’t cutting it, and it doesn’t look to change. They give away an astounding number of free tickets to almost every game. Their Under Armor deal was a shambles, and although they got a nice settlement, they aren’t getting the revenue they counted on. Only thing missing is s B1G deep dive

Link to article
Good grief. That program and AD is in some trouble. Makes more sense why they absolutely have to move to the BIG just to save their athletic department

I just think LA is a ****ty market. The fans are front runners. They have a history of not supporting their teams. I think their shiny new stadium is more of an attraction than the Rams.
USC has a massive fan base but UCLA has always been fairly small in the shadow of USC. They are 100% being propped up by their location and nothing else. They'll be on Indiana level when they move to the BIG and just be happy to be collecting a check

USC has a massive fan base but UCLA has always been fairly small in the shadow of USC. They are 100% being propped up by their location and nothing else. They'll be on Indiana level when they move to the BIG and just be happy to be collecting a check
If the money difference isn't overwhelming, there's a great argument to be made that separating gives them a unique opportunity to get out of the shadow and win fans/recruiting in LA.

If the money difference isn't overwhelming, there's a great argument to be made that separating gives them a unique opportunity to get out of the shadow and win fans/recruiting in LA.
Possibly, but they've always been apathetic to football.

I just think LA is a ****ty market. The fans are front runners. They have a history of not supporting their teams. I think their shiny new stadium is more of an attraction than the Rams.
Plus a bunch of libtards live there.

The Rose Bowl delivers a terrible game day experience for fans. It was a massive mistake not to build a stadium on campus when they had the chance in the 60s.

Last edited:

UCLA will always have apathetic football fans and be in the shadow of USC regardless of which conference they're in

It is possible that the folks in the pac are already aware that ucla is going to be held and that they have assurances from the others that they aren’t going to bolt in replacement of ucla to the big. That would in some way explain the premature sdsu leak.

only add one. and Stanford has a far better chance at sometimes being relevant in the pac than joining the big. Just spitballing…
Why the **** would UCLA stay in this disaster of a conference?

Its not happening. I'm amazed how many of you think it is.

The stadium is in Pasadena, about 25 miles from campus. Allow at least two hours to drive from UCLA to the Rose Bowl.

Whereas the Colliseum is right next to campus for USC.

So you can see why students do or don't show up

It's not their choice.

With that said, I do not think the UC Regents will block the move.

Apparently Thomas Cech (Nobel Laureate) dropped into my daughter's o-chem class a couple of weeks ago to talk about his research. As a freshman, she said that was super cool. So there are still some smart people hanging around campus.
That is so cool. Engaging young students in research is so valuable. Especially in the engineering and sciences.

It's not their choice.

With that said, I do not think the UC Regents will block the move.
They'll probably have to subsidize Cal to some extent, but that'll be it. The idea they are is wishful thinking.

The fact that a ton of people within the conference think they might be staying is hilarious.

you are assuming they get to decide. the uc-regents have made it pretty clear especially governor newsome that they hate this move and have the authority to block it. the issue isn't whether they can (already reviewed by their lawyers and concluded they have the power). the issue is and always has been whether the cal regents will actually do so.

some folks are certain that they will not block. i doubt they will block but it is not a sure thing yet.

you are assuming they get to decide. the uc-regents have made it pretty clear especially governor newsome that they hate this move and have the authority to block it. the issue isn't whether they can (already reviewed by their lawyers and concluded they have the power). the issue is and always has been whether the cal regents will actually do so.

some folks are certain that they will not block. i doubt they will block but it is not a sure thing yet.
It won't be blocked. If they do anything, they'll have UCLA give Cal a little bit of that Big 10 TV money. That's it.

We're wasting our time talking about this.

south park kyle GIF

Interdemensional man-bear-pig expert checking in. Everything posted ITT is wrong

Plus a bunch of libtards live there.

The Rose Bowl delivers a terrible game day experience for fans. It was a massive mistake not to build a stadium on campus when they had the chance in the 60s.
The Rose Bowl is a fun experience for opposing fans. I’d imagine it’s pretty lame for UCLA fans. Great, historic venue that is more than half empty during UCLA home games.

Back