What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Guess I'm just curious why he has this agenda.
He's from Kansas and is very much a Big 12 guy.

Beyond that, I don't know. What's so weird to me is that despite not covering the Pac-12 and despite not working for a media outlet that is involved in Pac-12 negotiations, his timeline of articles is heavily weighted to why the Pac-12 media deal will suck and speculation on members bolting to the Big 12. It looks like someone's planting a story with him on about a weekly basis. He gets eyeballs, clicks and mentions. Big 12 gets its message out through a national voice. https://www.cbssports.com/writers/dennis-dodd/

Guess I'm just curious why he has this agenda.
If you want a tin foil theory, it's that he works for CBS and CBS is all in with the B1G, which wants more west coast programs, but at a deeply reduced price. Therefore the B1G has an interest in seeing the Pac 10 dissolve. Oregon and Washington would like to join the B1G, but not at such a significantly reduced payout.

OR, Dodd is just a sports reporter who works for CBS and is being used as an "unbiased"/unaffiliated mouthpiece of the Big 12 to push their agenda.

It doesn't really matter the reason, but Dennis Dodd pushing a pro Big 12/anti Pac 10 narrative is not really up for debate. He's been doing it for a long time now.

Nike's been around since 1964. By 1984, it was big enough to sign Michael Jordan and put that international ad campaign around him. Money started flowing soon after. What I'm getting at is that UO isn't some flash in the pan. They've had consistent football success going back to 1989 - which is pretty much as long as everyone on AllBuffs has been alive.
Listen, my memory of Oregon was as a perennial Steve Harvey’s bottom 10 program. I’ve been alive since the Southwest Conference was in its heyday. Even before Craig James killed 5 hookers. Allegedly.

Last edited:
If you want a tin foil theory, it's that he works for CBS and CBS is all in with the B1G, which wants more west coast programs, but at a deeply reduced price. Therefore the B1G has an interest in seeing the Pac 10 dissolve. Oregon and Washington would like to join the B1G, but not at such a significantly reduced payout.

OR, Dodd is just a sports reporter who works for CBS and is being used as an "unbiased"/unaffiliated mouthpiece of the Big 12 to push their agenda.

It doesn't really matter the reason, but Dennis Dodd pushing a pro Big 12/anti Pac 10 narrative is not really up for debate. He's been doing it for a long time now.
IIRC, Dodd did this same **** when CU/nubs/A&M/Mizzou left the Big 12. It was pretty much "pro Big12" anti everyone else. I'm not sure why he carries so much water for the conference, but I think it's pretty indisputable at this point based upon the evidence.

Endeavor is a lot more than a pr agency.

dodds is an older more polished version of the west vagina twat.

there is pretty much no chance we draw 50mm per school, but i would love it to happen.

Visited both campuses last week with my son. I don't see the attraction to Berkeley, but to each his own, I guess. Now Stanford, that place is incredible. Not a blade of grass out of place. It's now his backup school. ;)
Crazy thing is, Stanford has an enormous campus - 8200 acres! And that for just 16,000 total (undergrad and grad) students.

CU - 600 acres, 30,000 students
Ohio State - 1770 acres, 47,000+ students

Crazy thing is, Stanford has an enormous campus - 8200 acres! And that for just 16,000 total (undergrad and grad) students.

Holy hell!

And they're in the area of the country with the most expensive real estate too!!!

PAC is trending the wrong way.
ESPN 960 seems to be a radio station in Provo

"Nine of the 10 highest viewed PAC games involve Oregon. Taking it a step further, 19 of the 20 highest viewed PAC games involve either Oregon or Washington. Only one PAC game has topped 1.6M viewers in the last 3 years without involving USC, UCLA, Oregon or Washington."

"Nine of the 10 highest viewed PAC games involve Oregon. Taking it a step further, 19 of the 20 highest viewed PAC games involve either Oregon or Washington. Only one PAC game has topped 1.6M viewers in the last 3 years without involving USC, UCLA, Oregon or Washington."
Those are not surprising but still startling numbers. Maybe the 'Prime Effect ' helps but can't bank on the unseen.

Those are not surprising but still startling numbers. Maybe the 'Prime Effect ' helps but can't bank on the unseen.
Right. i think Sanders and the accompanying success CU sees on the field will swing those, but there's little reason at this point for anyone to bank on that being sustainable.

A really big chunk of it is the Dish Area, which is basically open land and trail systems. The developed part of campus is still quite expansive though.

Although I'd expect Oregon to lead the way in ratings, I wouldn't have guessed it to be that lopsided. Their look at year to year changes in viewership was somewhat surprising too (more for the Big XII than the PAC; we all know the PAC has been struggling).

The backwater conference that may well be the only way forward for CU because the fancy yacht they thought they signed up for just got impounded for defaulting on its loans.
More like we are forced to sleep on a yoga mat after our waterbed got repoed. We should never have agreed to that 29.99 apr note.

I don't know if he is right or wrong on his Pac 12/Big 12 takes, but Dodd has been a hack for a very long time. Again, he may be right or wrong, but he is not a credible source of any kind of information.

Really surprised that so many of my CU brethren are falling for this Endeavor myth. We know there are serious serious issues at play here for this conference. It may find a way to cobble another 5 year GOR together for all of us, but it won’t be beneficial for CU thats for sure. There is no good deal on the table. Consensus is we’re staring $22-25M in the face with the majority on a streaming platform. That isn’t going to get UO & UW to sign a GOR, unless they are getting a bigger slice of this pie. I and many have been shouting this for the past 8 months … run for the B12. Get more money, and get much much better exposure, and put our Coach on ESPN and FOX every game so he can blow our exposure through the roof. It is a no brainer. Arizona would jump with us.

Really surprised that so many of my CU brethren are falling for this Endeavor myth. We know there are serious serious issues at play here for this conference. It may find a way to cobble another 5 year GOR together for all of us, but it won’t be beneficial for CU thats for sure. There is no good deal on the table. Consensus is we’re staring $22-25M in the face with the majority on a streaming platform. That isn’t going to get UO & UW to sign a GOR, unless they are getting a bigger slice of this pie. I and many have been shouting this for the past 8 months … run for the B12. Get more money, and get much much better exposure, and put our Coach on ESPN and FOX every game so he can blow our exposure through the roof. It is a no brainer. Arizona would jump with us.
If there's one thing I want to do, it's jump with a basketball school.

Isn't some of this self fulfilling with the time and channel the games are on? Those are the teams they ensure are in the best slots and get viewed.

Now do the Big 12, sans Texas and OU! Can't wait to see those numbers!

Isn't some of this self fulfilling with the time and channel the games are on? Those are the teams they ensure are in the best slots and get viewed.
I honestly don't know, but I htink it's an interesting point to explore.

I mean,
  • I'm going to watch VT, CU and Wisconsin games regardless of day or time. 9PM on a Wednesday night or 10 AM on a Saturday or 10PM on a Saturday, I'm watching. I suspect there are many fans like me in this regard (or at least for one team, maybe not three)
  • I'm unlikely to watch Oregon State vs Cal regardless of when its shown or what channel. I suspect there are a lot of fans like me in this regard, but also a lot who will tune into "whatever game is on" at 12PM on a Saturday.
  • I'm moderately interested in watching Washington vs USC (or Clemson vs Miami) and will make some effort to see a game like that, but whether I watch or not is going to be driven primarily by what else is going on in my life when it's showing. Again, there are a lot of fans who I suspect set their Satruday afternoons aside in the fall to watch whatever the most interesting games that are on, I don't know how many that is though.

Now do the Big 12, sans Texas and OU! Can't wait to see those numbers!
it was in the article that ITW linked

image2-1-300x186.png

This….

P12 network and lame TV spots. Oregon is the flashy object and has been for some time, but much of their bandwagon following has benefited from their better tv exposure.

Winning fixes much of this for CU, regardless of which conference we are in. We had prime tv exposure for years when we were winning.

Yeah, screw all the people falling for Endeavor!

Hot Dog Man GIF

Back