What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Might Dump North & South Divisions

I never liked that split.

Wish they'd done the zipper format.

So do the bottom 4 get relegated to the mountain west or AAC?.
Set up like EPL soccer. The top 2-3 teams in the MW get promoted, and the bottom 2-3 PAC12 teams get relegated. Let’s see how fast CU “takes a new found interest” into the football program and major athletics all together….or the Buffs eventually sink into Big Sky.

I expect it’ll end up being a North/South matchup more years than not anyway. But this is a good thing.

Based on the experience of the Big 12 & PAC-12 CCGs, I’m not sad to see the divisions go.

I’m more interested in how this impacts scheduling over the long run.

I'm becoming less of a fan of the divisions with each passing year. Abolish them!
Remember when USC won the south, was on probation so couldn’t play, UCLA was number 2 at 6-6 and told they had to play in the ccg. They said “no”. But then were given a waiver to let them go to a bowl with a losing record. They got destroyed in the ccg. Got destroyed in their bowl. Finished 6-8.
Yeah, the divisions are dumb.

In looking stuff up, came across this. Holy depressing Batman.
FBBE1200-7098-443F-AB5C-C15CF851AD98.png
Idaho has more “Pac-12” championships than we do. We’re tied with Montana.

I expect it’ll end up being a North/South matchup more years than not anyway. But this is a good thing.
I'd agree-and the data shows that. I think this rule would have changed the CCG matchup........3 times of the 10 football seasons we've played in the PAC?

The way we schedule now shouldn't be that affected.

i would be happy about this if i had any remaining capacity to believe it matters at all to CU football-- other than it eliminates our chances to back into a title game with a mediocre conference record in a fluke year only to be destroyed by the north division team. klatt getting his brain rattled by texassss left a mark.

i would be happy about this if i had any remaining capacity to believe it matters at all to CU football-- other than it eliminates our chances to back into a title game with a mediocre conference record in a fluke year only to be destroyed by the north division team. klatt getting his brain rattled by texassss left a mark.
With GB at the helm, backing into a CCG was a problem. A good problem to have, I kind of doubt anyone need be concerned about that with HCKD at the helm.

With GB at the helm, backing into a CCG was a problem. A good problem to have, I kind of doubt anyone need be concerned about that with HCKD at the helm.
yep-- being the best of a clearly inferior division for a bunch of years straight was more of a warning sign than anything else. the 70-3 game showed the growing recruiting gap from the self imposed **** we did to ourselves. GB was a hell of a good coach and could get everything he could from his teams but when you have a program cut off its own legs in penance, nothing good is going to happen no matter how good the coach is.

i sure didn't predict us spending a couple decades after GB in a slow motion suicide drive off a cliff like thelma and louise, but here we are. NIL has created forces that pretty much guarantee we cant play for championships even if KD turns out to be knute rockne reincarnated. the CUAD put itself in the ICU on deathwatch and NIL is going to be the plug puller.

yep-- being the best of a clearly inferior division for a bunch of years straight was more of a warning sign than anything else. the 70-3 game showed the growing recruiting gap from the self imposed **** we did to ourselves. GB was a hell of a good coach and could get everything he could from his teams but when you have a program cut off its own legs in penance, nothing good is going to happen no matter how good the coach is.

i sure didn't predict us spending a couple decades after GB in a slow motion suicide drive off a cliff like thelma and louise, but here we are. NIL has created forces that pretty much guarantee we cant play for championships even if KD turns out to be knute rockne reincarnated. the CUAD put itself in the ICU on deathwatch and NIL is going to be the plug puller.
Being competitive in CFB gets harder and harder. The longer the PTB stand around with their thumbs in their backsides, the less likely CU goes anywhere but the cellar of the P12. CU needed to get serious about CFB five years ago. Actually, the nosedive started, IMO, when D II Danny was kept for his fifth year. If CU would have gotten serious, dumped D II after year 4 and supported the program the way it could have, I think CU would be a Utah type program. Winning more than they lose and occasionally punching above their weight class in the P12.

As it stands, no one has lost more P12 games than CU since 2011. That is pathetic given CU's history and resources.

Back