What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 tournament status

aghcsm

With one Buff regular-season game to go, the following scenarios for conference rankings (and a possible PAC12 tournament first-round bye) appear to exist:

1) Buffs lose to Utah.
- UCLA and Oregon would finish ahead of the Buffs. ASU would finish ahead of Buffs unless they lose at home to both Washingtons. USC would finish ahead of Buffs if they beat UCLA. Stanford would finish ahead of Buffs if they win 1 of 2 at the Oregons (actually this depends on the tie-breaker). AZ would tie Buffs if they win 1 of 2 at home vs Washingtons.

At any rate, the odds of finishing in the top 4 are small. Have to beat Utah.

2) Buffs beat Utah.
- UCLA would finish ahead of Buffs. Oregon would finish ahead of Buffs unless they lose at home to both Cal and Stanford. ASU would finish ahead of Buffs if they beat both Washingtons at home; AZ would tie Buffs with same. Stanford would need to win at both Oregons and have the tie-breaker to finish ahead of Buffs. USC could not finish ahead of the Buffs.

Hope I got it right - we’re no longer in control of our PAC12 seedings but beating Utah would improve our chances quite a bit.

But does it matter if we get UofA in the 2nd round either way? Yeah one more game to possibly lose, but still...

If we win, it is likely we would be the four seed and play Oregon in the third round or the three seed and play UCLA in the third round. (Would depend on the outcome of the USC-UCLA game). It's losing tomorrow that could likely pit us against Arizona in round two.

But does it matter if we get UofA in the 2nd round either way? Yeah one more game to possibly lose, but still...
Games against Arizona or Oregon can't hurt, regardless of outcome. Give me anything to avoid the possibility of losing to the bottom of the conference.

I think it's likely we get a bye by beating Utah tomorrow.

Unless I missed something, the Buffs losing with USC winning, guarantees us a #5 finish or lower

Could have a worse draw I guess. Obviously a first round bye would’ve been nice. A frustrating last four games could be corrected in one weekend though. KenPom likes our chances.

Not much to love right now, but love the draw. Cancelled my vegas hotels, not because I’ve lost confidence in the golden buffs, but because hotel prices are so much lower now on account of this corona virus thing. So I will rebook, assuming we shred the ole cougs.

IF* the team gets right, this is an almost ideal draw.

* - they won’t.
This is what I was thinking initially. Reinvigorated! Then I thought about a little longer and it’s a crap shoot to even get past Wazzu. They have nothing to lose and I imagine we’ll play even tighter now.

They've got to get it figured out, or they'll be watching the tourney after they go out very early. I get that call was a kick in the balls, I saw it finally. Beat Wazzu first, then worry about moving forward. Focus on this game only, I know it's cliche and captain obvious like, it helps you get back in the groove sometimes.

Unfortunately just canceled flights and hotel for the trip. If anyone is going and looking to buy great seats in the CU section let me know.

IF* the team gets right, this is an almost ideal draw.

* - they won’t.

Its really amazing how well things have lined up for them this season. If it wasn't CU Hoops it'd be even more puzzling how they've almost blown it.

Its really amazing how well things have lined up for them this season. If it wasn't CU Hoops it'd be even more puzzling how they've blown it.
Fixed it for you. At this point unless we make a significant run in the dance, I’m calling this season a mild failure.

Yep, had to finish top 4 to consider this season a success.
Everyone say I’m the pessimist on here but I think if we make the Dance it’s a success no matter what. That’s our bar right now. Sure, we had a conference title and 3-4 seed in our sights 2 weeks ago ... even that is a big step forward. We’ve never been in that hunt for those things that late. You take maybe 20 total minutes out of our last 5 games and we win all those. We were close. Just couldn’t close the door.

They've got to get it figured out, or they'll be watching the tourney after they go out very early. I get that call was a kick in the balls, I saw it finally. Beat Wazzu first, then worry about moving forward. Focus on this game only, I know it's cliche and captain obvious like, it helps you get back in the groove sometimes.
I don't see much that indicates they're close to figuring this out. Had Utah down, sh!t the bed. I don't see any of the urgency, intelligence, or passion on the floor that we had earlier in the season. Schwartz looks like he doesn't even care anymore and our bench play is atrocious.

Back