What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

cubuffs Plati-'Tudes Looks Back At The Last Decade

RSSBot

News Junkie
Champions Center

Welcome to a notes and comment column in its 19th year, penned by CU Associate Athletic Director David Plati, who is his 36th year as the Buffaloes' director of sports information. Plati-'Tudes No. 111 ... Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of Rashaan Salaam winning the Heisman; I've written several pieces in the past on that evening and the 1994 season in general, so no real reason to rehash (think I've told about every detail that I can, or that can share ;). But if you haven't seen Chris Fowler's personal remembrance of that weekend in New York City, the link is here: … Last Thursday (Dec. 5) was the day we lost Rashaan at the age of 42; it was also the day we lost Mark Simpson after he valiantly fought lung cancer for years at the age of 55 in 2005. Fortunately, a good memory has emerged for that date, as in 2018, that was the day we announced the hiring of Mel Tucker as football coach. There are two major stories out there at present; there are some things written in those that I doubt happened or might be framed correctly by third parties. Do know that Rashaan was revered here, and welcomed at any and every opportunity he wanted to visit campus or come an event or games. It often has come up how we brought the Heisman back to Colorado and that it had its own seat on that United flight. We covered it with a blue blanket, and it always reminded me of that scene from the movie, E.T.

Continue reading...

Back