What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll #3: Coaches Who Have Been Mentioned

Of the coaches who have been mentioned publicly and haven't turned the job down...pick three

• Total voters
I am addicted to AllBuffs. I choose not to subscribe to 247 because I want to stay married, so I have no idea what’s true or false for smoke.

Calhoun represents resignation to me.

I’ve played poker pretty seriously at various stakes for the past 15 years. There are people who play low stakes poker and clean up. They understand the psychology of low stakes poker and make $15K to $20K per year with minimal effort. They just wait to have the best hand and bet. When they don’t have the absolute best hand, they always fold.

When I first started playing poker, these people impressed me. They eventually won every week. These people became less impressive to me as I started to move up in stakes and started to play against truly world class players.

Troy Calhoun seems impressive because he’s the guy who steadily wins against other low stakes players.

With RG as the AD, Colorado has been aspiring to play for and compete at the highest stakes. Hiring the low stakes grinder won’t get us to the high stakes. It just makes us good enough to beat other low stakes grinders.

I am addicted to AllBuffs. I choose not to subscribe to 247 because I want to stay married, so I have no idea what’s true or false for smoke.

I’ve played poker pretty seriously at various stakes for the past 15 years. There are people who play low stakes poker and clean up. They understand the psychology of low stakes poker and make $15K to $20K per year with minimal effort. They just wait to have the best hand and bet. When they don’t have the absolute best hand, they always fold.

When I first started playing poker, these people impressed me. They eventually won every week. These people became less impressive to me as I started to move up in stakes and started to play against truly world class players.

Troy Calhoun seems impressive because he’s the guy who steadily wins against other low stakes players.

With RG as the AD, Colorado has been aspiring to play for and compete at the highest stakes. Hiring the low stakes grinder won’t get us to the high stakes. It just makes us good enough to beat other low stakes grinders.
Nice analogy.

giphy.gif

AFA beat writer Brent Briggeman sort of allayed my fears of Calhoun. He made a pretty strong argument that he’d be a great coach and wouldn’t have any problem recruiting.

Check...?

Good post
If we hire Calhoun, we get to be like Iowa of the Pac -12. Tough, hard nosed, disciplined and good, but never great.

I see a lot of similarities between Kurt Frentz and Calhoun, because Calhoun would be coach for life and we would always be competitive in the south and probably always go bowling, but my guess is we would never win the Pac-12.

My head says that would be just fine, especially after what we have been through. Then I remember that we are from Colorado. (No just the university but the state as a whole). We expect to be great, or at least dare greatly.

I’m with Manhattan.

Last edited:

Good post

Decent post, I guess.

Back