What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Ticker Holder Call

Unleash Hell

Mark Johnson and HCKD are doing a live fan forum today. If you have any questions or concerns for coach you can ask him in person today. Mark Johnson just delivered the message to my voicemail.

Post thoughts if you’re listening right now.

A few things of note to begin:

RG acknowledged the SEC/B10 has way more money and is a big issue. Mentioned fundraisers specifically for coach pool and other ways to create more money.

KD talked about meeting with each player individually after being hired. Said they were a unique group that was very excited to prove who they are as a team and win. Hasn’t seen any other defections.

KD has not talked to Stenstrom. Said we will start camp with the 4 QBs on the roster and let them battle it out.

Last edited:
KD said his model and his plan is to have really good defense, similar to the McCartney years when he was here before. Also wants ST to be the X factor.

said he wants balance on his offense but does want to be a power running team. But he said he’s a former receiver so we are going to throw the ball and be balanced. Also 4 minute offense is big, if we have 4 minutes and the ball, we are going to keep it and end the game.

No perfect formula for success in recruiting and acknowledged that players win championships. He is acknowledging the lifeblood of any program is recruiting. Had an hour long meeting yesterday to identify areas to focus on. He said he has a great plan in place to do that and hired great coaches and recruiters. Believes we will see changes in our recruiting classes to get better and stronger.

I’m glad he is focusing on it, now prove it.

KD has not talked to Stenstrom. Said we will start camp with the 4 coaches on the roster and let them battle it out.

Thank you for the notes. Can you clarify the highlighted quote above? I think I'm following, just want to make sure.

Thank you for the notes. Can you clarify the highlighted quote above? I think I'm following, just want to make sure.

He said he entered transfer portal before he got here and would like the opportunity to speak to Blake but he hasn’t had that opportunity.

He said 4, I’m trying to think who, I’d have to see the roster, I think he was referencing walk ons. He said 4 and the freshman coming in, so I’m not 100%.

He said he entered transfer portal before he got here and would like the opportunity to speak to Blake but he hasn’t had that opportunity.

He said 4, I’m trying to think who, I’d have to see the roster, I think he was referencing walk ons. He said 4 and the freshman coming in, so I’m not 100%.
He mentioned two walk-ons at QB

KD said that being a physical team is very important on both offense and defense. Great defense has to be physically dominant in nature with great players. He really likes Drew Wilson and thinks he’s done a really nice job. He is being retained right now and he said he kept the team together and working hard without a coach. Thinks Wilson is a good leader and he feels good about him. Mentioned he needs to coach him and all the coaches to be what he wants them to be so they can all grow as a cohesive coaching staff. People will understand what it takes to be a championship level program. We’re going to get back to what Colorado used to be.

i think the confusion is that you meant to type "quarterbacks" but typed "coaches"?

Winning starts with attitude and your work ethic and get the caliber of player that can reach his potential to be a dominant player.

He is promising we will get there and believes these kids have the attitude right now to do that so it will take some time but not that much time.

Team is hungry and really wants to win. Said it’s not what you say but what you do and they’re putting in that work.

We will see a team that will fight and they’re ready to win now. Going to push envelope to win now and they’ll play the style of ball we’ve been used to in the past. They’re excited they have a coach that will be here for the long haul and we will be proud of them on Saturdays.

He REALLY believes (from his words) he is going to win, win now and in the future.

I didn't hear him address any recruits specifically, did reference a few that had academic items to get squared away. I'm going to take the positive thought that it's simply graduating, but who knows. He did reference looking to add a QB very specifically, so I'm assuming he knows of at least one not joining this summer.

I suppose that means Anglen isn't sticking with CU or some other(s) in the 2020 class are not. No other way to open up slots.

Adam had him as a question mark in his story from yesterday i thought. I’d prefer he stayed but he came because Tucker’s ties to Ohio. He’s needed but we’ll be okay without him.

I didn't hear him address any recruits specifically, did reference a few that had academic items to get squared away. I'm going to take the positive thought that it's simply graduating, but who knows. He did reference looking to add a QB very specifically, so I'm assuming he knows of at least one not joining this summer.

Thanks my work phone rang during that time so I missed a bit of what he said. People are rude, I’m trying to listen to a season ticket holder fan forum and you’re calling my work phone expecting me to work? Nonsense.

Will there be a recorded version? I had a meeting so I couldn't listen

I'm in Boulder. That's the office attire for a day when you've got a business meeting with a client coming in from the east coast.
I'm over dressed as a sales rep visiting most clients in a button down shirt and cotton dress pants with leather shoes. I think I'm the only sales rep in the western US for my company that doesn't wear jeans to most meetings.

I'm over dressed as a sales rep visiting most clients in a button down shirt and cotton dress pants with leather shoes. I think I'm the only sales rep in the western US for my company that doesn't wear jeans to most meetings.
There are a lot of ways to read this sinner. :D Not that I want to know and ****.

Missed it. How was it, overall? I assume we are just going to KICK ASS!!? Are we going to implement the ROD system and cut block like mad? Bust some ankles and knees?

Missed it. How was it, overall? I assume we are just going to KICK ASS!!? Are we going to implement the ROD system and cut block like mad? Bust some ankles and knees?

Always good to see outreach from the AD towards folks who buy season tickets. Most direct way to fund CU football.

Also MontanaBuff got thru to ask a question. Most of the folks who got to ask questions are longtime season ticket holders.

What came across most is that Dorrell asked what the team wants. They are ready to win. His job is going to give them a path to do that.

he credits the S&C coach and the players for battling through uncertain times and keeping the group largely cohesive.

also disclosed is that CU is on the lookout for a grad trans QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DBT
Back