What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some of you need to slow your roll (respect the players and coaches)

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
First off - I don't like some of the gloating I see regarding players getting pushed out of the program, or recruits losing their offer. We can both support the steps Coach Prime is taking to change the program, and also be grateful to the student-athletes who dedicated their time (and physical health) to CU. We have strict rules on this site regarding how we speak about existing players and recruits, and I think you all need to keep that front of mind. Treat them better.

Second - Lots of us have become drunk on excitement and hope. I would urge you to remember that so far, Coach Prime hasn't signed anyone. He can offer every 5* under the sun, but until they sign on the dotted line, it doesn't mean ****. Until they win football games, it doesn't mean ****. A little bit of skepticism might be good for us before things get much further out of control.

That is all.

First off - I don't like some of the gloating I see regarding players getting pushed out of the program, or recruits losing their offer. We can both support the steps Coach Prime is taking to change the program, and also be grateful to the student-athletes who dedicated their time (and physical health) to CU. We have strict rules on this site regarding how we speak about existing players and recruits, and I think you all need to keep that front of mind. Treat them better.

Second - Lots of us have become drunk on excitement and hope. I would urge you to remember that so far, Coach Prime hasn't signed anyone. He can offer every 5* under the sun, but until they sign on the dotted line, it doesn't mean ****. Until they win football games, it doesn't mean ****. A little bit of skepticism might be good for us before things get much further out of control.

That is all.
Plus, it's going to be a disaster. Inevitably.

That is all.
Agree with this. Especially the part about our current players. In my mind, you join our family, you are in our family. We have had other eras where we were a poor performing team and we still treat our players for those teams with the same attitude we treat football alumni from more successful eras (basically). "Sorry it didn't work out, thank you for your service" seems at least appropriate.

Pity college ball had to go this route...but the players (many of them anyway) wanted it this way. This is the new reality that allows players to freely move around...so here we are. I prefer the old system. But if this is how it is going to be, then we choose Dieon Sanders to be the coach to help us succeed. I hope he makes all the blue bloods wish they could go back to the way things were. Sorry, if these are the rules of the game, CU has shown that it is in this to compete, not watch from the sidelines (anymore).

We can balance our excitement & the reality of this being a big business driven by a need to win/dominate with empathy, thankfulness and respect for the players, coaches, staffers and all their families who gave of themselves for the CU program and all of a sudden find their lives in limbo.

tl;dr version: don't be a dick

I agree with you but will remind everyone that once NIL became reality it's become a business.
I'm happy that CU woke up to the fact that if you don't play like it's a business you won't succeed
I feel for those who thought they were coming to Colorado and now have to scramble. It's a good
thing that Coach prime didn't string them along and that they all have till February to find a good match
for their abilities. Who knows, maybe this builds fire in their bellies and they end up killing it at their future school.

That is all.
I have missed where people are talking trash about current players or commits, but I don't think we should confuse celebration of a higher standard being held by the new Coach, with current players being pushed out. My read is that these players will likely have an opportunity to prove that they belong on this team, and Coach Prime's initial team meeting was him telling them what it will take to meet these new expectations. I see this as a modern version of Junction Boys....because I do believe that we will be pulling in just about any player we want, if we have room.

tl;dr - I don't see this as **** talking, more so recognizing a drastic change in reality

I agree with you but will remind everyone that once NIL became reality it's become a business.
I'm happy that CU woke up to the fact that if you don't play like it's a business you won't succeed
I feel for those who thought they were coming to Colorado and now have to scramble. It's a good
thing that Coach prime didn't string them along and that they all have till February to find a good match
for their abilities. Who knows, maybe this builds fire in their bellies and they end up killing it at their future school.
The minute the game became a business, RGs super powers were activated. I mean, he did earn his stripes in big dollar sports business management!

I just like how every season, the game threads and general discussion here is littered with ****ting on specific players for being awful players on the field, yet after the season, it's all "He was such a great Buff and should be treated as such".

Nobody is disparaging specific players here. We are excited that this program is finally waking up and no longer accepting being a bottom feeding FBS program. What comes with that is pushing kids who don't belong at that level out of the program. Don't get on Twitter and **** talk players and don't celebrate specific guys no longer having a spot, but certainly celebrate that this program is waking up from a 20 year sleep.

That is all.
Perhaps it’s a function of my extensive ignore list, but I have not seen many disrespectful or gloating messages about players and coaches leaving Colorado. Honestly assessing performance is not disrespectful.

I will say that it's not really the current players fault. It is the coaches job to be a good coach and instill that culture that prime time is trying to bring back. I'm sure a good coach could've at least kept the current team respectable in the conference maybe not top tier but respectable.

I do wonder what that Kent State coach (Prime's new coordinator) could've done if it were him here instead of the previous coach that was let go. Sounds like he created a winning culture and maximized the talent he had.

Yes - that's right. We can criticize performance on the field, but also be grateful to the guys for being part of the CU community.

It's like you didn't read my whole post - we can do 2 things at once!
I read the entirety of your message three times. I disagree with your assessment of how rampant disrespectful messages are on this page. I have an extensive ignore list, so I fully admit that can color my perception.

I read the entirety of your message three times. I disagree with your assessment of how rampant disrespectful messages are on this page. I have an extensive ignore list, so I fully admit that can color my perception.
I'm in this same situation. I have seen some laughing emojis as recruits decommited, which is just weird.

The word commitment seems to mean as much as #integrity does. How many kids "committed" before signing day just to go to some other school that was the new shiny thing? It's not only the kids, the whole thing stinks from conference presidents, the NCAA, University administrations, coaches on down. Everyone is acting in their own best interests, consequences be damned.

Last edited:

That is all.
Thanks dio, always a good reminder.

Virtually all those kids should be grateful they got the chance to be part of the CU community, not vice versa. They aren't P5 players. Some of them likely aren't D1 players. They are essentially like Rudy from the movie, except most of them got a lot more playing time than he did. In 20 years, hopefully they'll be able to proudly say they played football for CU, and when someone asks what year, they can casually say "oh around the Prime era."

I mean this honestly, I am jealous of them. But I am not grateful.

You can be respectful, without being grateful. And you can have empathy, while recognizing these players weren't deserving of the opportunity.

3 minutes after we get something nice after 17 years of nothing nice a handful of posters reminded me why I didn’t want to run this place anymore.

jack whitehall dont be a dick GIF by BBC

in fairness, the lesson of "be assholes, but not dicks" is a bit nuanced for a lot of us.

Back