What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

State recruiting focus

JMBuffs

Club Member
Club Member
I love where recruiting is headed under HCMT. It is worth noting that the J. Stacks commitment bumped the state of Colorado to two recruits for the 2020 class and it will most likely stay there.

Do you all think this is indicative of a recruiting shift or coincidence?

I love where recruiting is headed under HCMT. It is worth noting that the J. Stacks commitment bumped the state of Colorado to two recruits for the 2020 class and it will most likely stay there.

I don't think it says anything other than this year there were two kids in Colorado that MT wanted who decided they wanted to be Buffs. That number has gone up and down significantly from year to year.

There are at least a couple of other players who MT wanted and who he would likely still take but who decided to go out of state. We would have taken Gentry, Keanaaina, Taylor, and maybe one or two others.

I want to see us more consistently getting the top kids from Colorado but the Colorado players we take have to be good enough. We can't just take a kid because they went to high school in state.

Seems to me you're saying you don't want many Colorado kids, is that right?

You know what they say, one year definitely makes a trend. We should assume that by this time next year CU will have no recruits from Colorado.

Seriously though, I think the Colorado pipeline will strengthen as we begin to win more consistently. Face it, a lot of seniors this year grew up with CU being a joke.

You know what they say, one year definitely makes a trend. We should assume that by this time next year CU will have no recruits from Colorado.

Seriously though, I think the Colorado pipeline will strengthen as we begin to win more consistently. Face it, a lot of seniors this year grew up with CU being a joke.
Even when we had top 5 teams some kids still left the state, that happens.

You are right though that we have kids in state who have never known CU as a winner. When a Michigan or Ohio State or Notre Dame shows up and says come win with us they listen.

Funny though the kids who went to the bugeaters and got sold a bill of goods about tradition and winning and instead got four years of Lincoln weather with little to show for it .

Colorado kids with a CU offer who choose to leave the state are no good, dirty rotten scoundrels. Fact!

Why do we all freak out about in state vs out of state? I want the best recruits we can get. Don’t care if it’s CO or AZ or whatever..
Well yeah. We don’t want in-state recruits to be our worst recruits of the class. But we also don’t want to miss out on in-state recruits who could improve our class. So we care about getting the quality out of the in-state class, but when the top players choose to go elsewhere, that’s when we should think about why that’s happening, but also avoid signing worse instaters just because they’re instate.

Why do we all freak out about in state vs out of state? I want the best recruits we can get. Don’t care if it’s CO or AZ or whatever..
For me, it's more of a barometer than anything.

"Local" is an advantage in recruiting that should give a program a better shot at a guy than on the standard out-of-state recruit. It's a chance to punch above our weight a bit with who we're able to sign. I want to see things going well with in-state recruiting so that we can win some recruiting battles against the Michiigan level programs while feeling confident that we won't lose guys we want to the ASU level programs.

What I have a major problem with is the opinion among many CO folks that CU should be offering every football player who has a D1 offer (not just P5, but even G5 or FCS) as if the state's flagship program is obligated to put every good CO HS player on scholarship.

For me, it's more of a barometer than anything.

"Local" is an advantage in recruiting that should give a program a better shot at a guy than on the standard out-of-state recruit. It's a chance to punch above our weight a bit with who we're able to sign. I want to see things going well with in-state recruiting so that we can win some recruiting battles against the Michiigan level programs while feeling confident that we won't lose guys we want to the ASU level programs.

What I have a major problem with is the opinion among many CO folks that CU should be offering every football player who has a D1 offer (not just P5, but even G5 or FCS) as if the state's flagship program is obligated to put every good CO HS player on scholarship.
3 Colorado HS Running Backs in the NFL right now. Only one went to Colorado, two were recruited but only one went

this year we are getting 2 of the top 20?

In State recruiting is what helps if not dictates the culture around college football. It generates huge fan support and filters down to high school football And creates a future pipeline. The state of Colorado high school football is not good in part because the communities are not invested It’s almost impossible to have the Broncos beloved, the college scene generates Luke warm interest at best and high school is non existent. Finally, the youth coaching is abysmal14U leading to lower participation. It’s a bad cycle. I believe you can invert the cycle With an investment I thinks start with in state recruiting. (It would help if CSU was nt clueless)

obvoisuly being able to compete at the level is mandatory.

many people forget that the recruiting class that began to help CU rebuild under McCartney was filled with in state recruits. McCarty Reignhardt Embree Et al. The only one that got away was Munford who went to Nebraska.

3 Colorado HS Running Backs in the NFL right now. Only one went to Colorado, two were recruited but only one went

In State recruiting is what helps if not dictates the culture around college football. It generates huge fan support and filters down to high school football And creates a future pipeline. The state of Colorado high school football is not good in part because the communities are not invested It’s almost impossible to have the Broncos beloved, the college scene generates Luke warm interest at best and high school is non existent. Finally, the youth coaching is abysmal14U leading to lower participation. It’s a bad cycle. I believe you can invert the cycle With an investment I thinks start with in state recruiting. (It would help if CSU was nt clueless)

many people forget that the recruiting class that began to help CU rebuild under McCartney was filled with in state recruits. McCarty Reignhardt Embree Et al. The only one that got away was Munford who went to ****braska.
Do you ever give even a D- attempt at proofreading what you have written before submitting a post?

I’m just curious.

many people forget that the recruiting class that began to help CU rebuild under McCartney was filled with in state recruits. McCarty Reignhardt Embree Et al. The only one that got away was Munford who went to ****braska.
Pretty sure the number is four NFL RBs from Colorado.

There’s literally a sticky thread for this right up there ^^^.

Do you ever give even a D- attempt at proofreading what you have written before submitting a post?

I’m just curious.
I must apologize. I’m still adapting to all of the new technology as a result of the surgery. I’ll get it though. It may be best to ignore my posts for the time being. Be well!

Back