What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Brando calling out the Pac 12 as a whole.

I dunno about you-but if somebody who works for one of this league's TV partners is saying this type of stuff............I'd take it seriously.;
He Works for those partners in the same way Chris Berman works for ESPN... they are both out to pasture at this point

Yes-as evidenced by the fact a 4-3 team "won" the conference last year!

Nobody gives a **** how deep you are if you can't put teams in the CFP consistently.

So his opinion is ****ing stupid? We agree.

And lol at "teams in the CFP consistently." Two conferences have one team making regular appearances, that is it.

I dunno about you-but if somebody who works for one of this league's TV partners is saying this type of stuff............I'd take it seriously.;
Why? Because Cincinnati had a good season? Everyone else in that conference had at least 3 losses at the G5 level. What kind of weak ass take is that?

No. This conference is a ****ing disaster right now. No playoff bids since 2016. A conference network that more than half the country doesn't have. I know we're all excited for George Kliavkoff........but the proof will be in the pudding.

And lol at "teams in the CFP consistently." Two conferences have one team making regular appearances, that is it.
Seems to me like it has been pretty much Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma & Ohio State every year for a while.

No. This conference is a ****ing disaster right now. No playoff bids since 2016. A conference network that more than half the country doesn't have. I know we're all excited for George Kliavkoff........but the proof will be in the pudding.

Keep regurgitating lazy takes.

There’s a legitimate argument to be made that Pac 12 is the worst P5 conference on a national stage because it hasn’t had a premier program make the playoff consistently. But that is a far cry from saying it’s behind the AAC in quality of play and depth. That’s just the hottest CFB take I’ve seen in a while

Why? Because Cincinnati had a good season? Everyone else in that conference had at least 3 losses at the G5 level. What kind of weak ass take is that?

Sweet. We had 10 teams as a league finish with 4 losses or more in 2019 and 2017. That's on top of half the league finishing with losing records last year.

ACC and Big 12 are so ****ing good, Nik.
I wasn't arguing that.

ACC's been the worst conference in the nation + Clemson ever since FSU tanked.

Big 12 is Oklahoma, a few other good teams every year, a Texas that can match talent with anyone but can't get out of its own way too often, and then some bad with KU setting the P5 bottomfeeder standard. Overall, I think it's a good conference that lost its toughness by going pass happy.

Sweet. We had 10 teams as a league finish with 4 losses or more in 2019 and 2017. That's on top of half the league finishing with losing records last year.
In a 6 game throwaway season, with no OOC games, rescheduling issues, no fans, etc. There is literally zero precedent to suggest the AAC is a better conference than the Pac 12 and for a respected media member to say it unironically is ridiculous

Which means the Pac 12 has been playing good football over the last few years? Not what I see.

No. The Pac-12 is a mediocre football conference without a consistent top ten team. It also is arguably the deepest P5 conference from top to bottom. There are a multitude of issues, mostly self-inflicted, negatively impacting the conference at the moment.

Thus posting a ****ty take from Tim Brando blasting the depth of the conference is ****ing stupid and played out.

In a 6 game throwaway season, with no OOC games, rescheduling issues, no fans, etc. There is literally zero precedent to suggest the AAC is a better conference than the Pac 12 and for a respected media member to say it unironically is ridiculous

Why do you think I cited 2019 and 2017 before that? The quality of play has not been good enough in this conference for years now. 10 teams with 4 losses or more in 2 of the last three normal seasons isn't a sign of a ton of depth-its a sign that the conference as a whole sucks.

I wasn't arguing that.

ACC's been the worst conference in the nation + Clemson ever since FSU tanked.

Big 12 is Oklahoma, a few other good teams every year, a Texas that can match talent with anyone but can't get out of its own way too often, and then some bad with KU setting the P5 bottomfeeder standard. Overall, I think it's a good conference that lost its toughness by going pass happy.

Sarcasm, buddy.

No. The Pac-12 is a mediocre football conference without a consistent top ten team. It also is arguably the deepest P5 conference from top to bottom. There are a multitude of issues, mostly self-inflicted, negatively impacting the conference at the moment.

Thus posting a ****ty take from Tim Brando blasting the depth of the conference is ****ing stupid and played out.

I told Schekler this and I'm going to tell you too-2 of the last 3 normal football seasons (2019 and 2017) have seen the Pac 12 put out 10 teams that have lost 4 games or more. That's not a sign you're deep. Its a sign you're not very good.

Why do you think I cited 2019 and 2017 before that? The quality of play has not been good enough in this conference for years now. 10 teams with 4 losses or more in 2 of the last three normal seasons isn't a sign of a ton of depth-its a sign that the conference as a whole sucks.

You should look around the other P5 conferences if this is the argument you are rolling with here.

When the league didn't play any non-conference games, got to expect about half to finish with losing records.

P12 is not turning out elite teams or horrible teams. All that really needs to happen to change everything is for USC to start being USC again.

What’s your argument? That the Pac 12 isn’t as nationally relevant as other P5 conferences because they haven’t had a consistent playoff team or that the AAC is better as Brando idiotically claims?

I told Schekler this and I'm going to tell you too-2 of the last 3 normal football seasons (2019 and 2017) have seen the Pac 12 put out 10 teams that have lost 4 games or more. That's not a sign you're deep. Its a sign you're not very good.

The SEC rolled out 11 and 10 teams in those two seasons using that criteria.

Back